• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

If you eventually go with choice two, pictures please!

Was playing around on American Frame something like this. The top mat color might need to be a bit darker but this is the general idea. The frame is black metal brushed aluminum type.

iZMaP5sPPSC6x.jpg

5-15-2014 - 6-7-2014:

Get a Clue by Dave Perillo

Clue18x24Bsmall.jpg

THIS IS A PRE-SALE TIMED EDITION for a 18"x24" 6-color screenprint based off a cult classic movie based off a board game.

These will be on sale til end of day SATURDAY, JUNE 7th, after that the sale ends and edition size will be determined. Prints will be signed and numbered.

Since this is a pre-sale timed edition THESE ARE NOT PRINTED YET, after JUNE 7th these will be sent to the printer and SHOULD BEGIN SHIPPING END OF JULY/ BEGINNING OF AUGUST. $40.

How to buy online: http://montygogsartorama.bigcartel.com/

5/27/2014:

Ghostbusters by Scott C

tumblr_n5mvxuNQcu1rr18wao1_1280.jpg

This print will be sold in a Timed Release, meaning everyone will have 72 hours to purchase it, and once that timeframe is over, they will never be sold again. The signed and numbered edition size will be determined by the amount sold during the release.

It will become available at the stroke of midnight (EST) / 9 PM (PST) Tuesday, May 27th, and stay available through Friday night, May 30th at midnight (EST) / 9 PM PST.

Each print will be $70.00

How to buy online: http://www.ghostbusters30th.com/

orioto

Good Art™
Bought. I've never played the Mana series but it's just so pretty I can't pass it up.

Dimensions are a bit wonky though, what's up with that!?

Sorry i never saw that! Did you receive it ?
The dimensions are A2, A1 and A0 i believe. I'm not sure why RedBubble display for exemple 59,3x84cm instead of 59,4x84,1 cm (which should be the normal A1 size).. They are weird sometimes..

But yeah A formats are findable for canvas.

Roubjon

So I guess Alexander Iaccarino is doing a Trigun Piece next. I 'm really liking the colors on that one. Maybe I should watch that show before he releases it haha.

BnsfnvsCMAAmn6U.jpg:large

Sushigod7

So I guess Alexander Iaccarino is doing a Trigun Piece next. I 'm really liking the colors on that one. Maybe I should watch that show before he releases it haha.

BnsfnvsCMAAmn6U.jpg:large

I'll never trust this guy again, two reprints on Ghost in the Shell and they colors still don't look like his original concept. He is talented I like his art but very hesitant.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'll never trust this guy again, two reprints on Ghost in the Shell and they colors still don't look like his original concept. He is talented I like his art but very hesitant.
He's also incredibly hard to get in contact with and uncooperative when shit gets lost during shipping.

Sushigod7

He's also incredibly hard to get in contact with and uncooperative when shit gets lost during shipping.

Yeah I heard this as well. He also has some serious issues going on with his subscriptions when he started a new one before the old one was finished. He never fixed that issue and some people are to the point of attorney intervention from what one guy told me. So yeah if you buy from him beware your pretty much on your own.

Rinemie

Neo Member
Yeah I heard this as well. He also has some serious issues going on with his subscriptions when he started a new one before the old one was finished. He never fixed that issue and some people are to the point of attorney intervention from what one guy told me. So yeah if you buy from him beware your pretty much on your own.

I agree as well, the work he does is fantastic but he does a horrible job in keeping track of his subscribers. As for GITS, granted the print job wasn't his fault, he did try to make it right but he should really stick to a good printer and stop jumping around.

I agree as well, the work he does is fantastic but he does a horrible job in keeping track of his subscribers. As for GITS, granted the print job wasn't his fault, he did try to make it right but he should really stick to a good printer and stop jumping around.

Another part of the problem for me with him is how even with the revised printing that he did for Ghost in the Shell, the colors are still off from the JPEG -- which would be fine if it looked better, but in this case it does not look as good. I kind of don't want to buy anything from him until it's in-hand now -- so I can see what it actually looks like.

Bii

You guys warned me of his work before, which was why I never bought the GITS print. And with his Trigun piece, I'll do the same. Despite his art looking really good, a lot of these issues have shied me away from his works.

I'm really digging this new illustration by Hebitsukai.

It's called 空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron -- which I believe translates to The Town of Daydreams

43533879_zpsd07dfb97.jpg

Looking at the illustration, it seems screenprintable. Likely a 1 color screenprint, and I'd add a layer of varnish on it to protect the blacks. We can even print it on various paper colors. Though something interesting might be an iridescent varnish layer on white.

Something that is also an option is using Eclipse Workshop to have it printed via UV Ink. What that would do is it would make the ink layer rise out from the paper. The lettering on the Metal Gear Solid piece uses UV Inks.

Would anyone here be interested in getting a copy of this screenprinted? I'd love a copy myself but I would need 9 other people to help with the cost. With the print being only 1 color, I can see this costing $30 or less with 10 people. The more people the cheaper of course.

Egnirys

It's called 空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron -- which I believe translates to The Town of

Looking at the illustration, it seems screenprintable. Likely a 1 color screenprint, and I'd add a layer of varnish on it to protect the blacks. We can even print it on various paper colors. Though something interesting might be an iridescent varnish layer on white.

Something that is also an option is using Eclipse Workshop to have it printed via UV Ink. What that would do is it would make the ink layer rise out from the paper. The lettering on the Metal Gear Solid piece uses UV Inks.

Would anyone here be interested in getting a copy of this screenprinted? I'd love a copy myself but I would need 9 other people to help with the cost. With the print being only 1 color, I can see this costing $30 or less with 10 people. The more people the cheaper of course.

I think it's great. I'd be interested!

Is there a waiting list for that cyborg ninja poster? I'm new.

Hi. Thanks for the interest. At this point, I'm not taking any reservations for the Ninja poster because I'm uncertain how many left over copies I'll have to sell.

What I plan to do, after I get them on-hand is count how many I'll have and then post the for sale for the poster in this thread. I hope that helps.

I think it's great. I'd be interested!

Awesome! Hoping I can get 8 more.

fatalforce

Neo Member

It's called 空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron -- which I believe translates to The Town of Daydreams

Looks interesting. Any estimate on the size?

hiroshawn

Banned
Hi. Thanks for the interest. At this point, I'm not taking any reservations for the Ninja poster because I'm uncertain how many left over copies I'll have to sell.

What I plan to do, after I get them on-hand is count how many I'll have and then post the for sale for the poster in this thread. I hope that helps.

Awesome! Hoping I can get 8 more.

Cheers

Sushigod7

Another part of the problem for me with him is how even with the revised printing that he did for Ghost in the Shell, the colors are still off from the JPEG -- which would be fine if it looked better, but in this case it does not look as good. I kind of don't want to buy anything from him until it's in-hand now -- so I can see what it actually looks like.

Yeah exactly it's pretty horrible in relation to the jpeg. I'm trying to sell mine so I just don't have to look at it I can't even get rid of it for $30 nobody wants it.

Great! 7 more until reality.

Edit: 6 more!

Edit 2: 5 more!

If it's roughly the cost of the Paprika I'd be in.

Awesome!

空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (The Town of Daydreams) by Hebitsukai

43533879_zpsd07dfb97.jpg

Sign-Up List:

1. Mockingbird
2. Egnirys
3. fatalforce
4. Rinemie
5. Sushigod7
6. rerem
7. Mockingbird's +1 Charm
8. Mockingbird's +2 Lightag
9. Mockingbird's +3 Leonid
10. boraaa
11. Mockingbird's +4 Sceaz
12. Mockingbird's +5 mgiatr
13. Mockingbird's + 6 googs
14. Mockingbird's + 7 richsan
15. Mockingbird's + 8 hax

Feel free to add yourself to the list if you're interested. The more people the better.

Here is a mock-up I made with it printed on Stardream - Rose Quartz. As with all Stardream, the paper has metallic bits all over. This paper brand is the same as the ones we're using to print the MGS print.

Stardream-Rose-Pink-Mockup_zps70e977b8.jpg

boraaa

Neo Member
Awesome!

空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (The Town of Daydreams) by Hebitsukai

43533879_zpsd07dfb97.jpg

Sign-Up List:

1. Mockingbird
2. Egnirys
3. fatalforce
4. Rinemie
5. Sushigod7
6. rerem

Feel free to add yourself to the list if you're interested. The more people the better.

im in

Sign-Up List (feel free to add yourself):

1. Mockingbird
2. Egnirys
3. fatalforce
4. Rinemie
5. Sushigod7
6. rerem
10. boraaa
16.Mockingbird's +9 a.kell

My friend suggested doing a letterpress. Going to look into the costs for that because I think that's a brilliant idea!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sorry i never saw that! Did you receive it ?
The dimensions are A2, A1 and A0 i believe. I'm not sure why RedBubble display for exemple 59,3x84cm instead of 59,4x84,1 cm (which should be the normal A1 size).. They are weird sometimes..

But yeah A formats are findable for canvas.

Yes, I did. I haven't opened it yet. Those weird decimals confused me.

空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (The Town of Daydreams) by Hebitsukai is happening for sure now. The only undecided factor is whether it will be a letterpress or a screenprint.

If the cost of doing it as a letterpress is too high I'd have to make it a screenprint.

Should find out by mid-week.

Sign-Up List (feel free to add yourself):

1. Mockingbird
2. Egnirys
3. fatalforce
4. Rinemie
5. Sushigod7
6. rerem
10. boraaa
16. Mockingbird's +9 a.kell
17. geetec
18. Mokoi
19. firehawk12
20. Scrooge McDuck

LaneDS

Possibly have obtained my most sought after ISO tonight after an EB'er pointed me in the right direction. Don't want to jinx it until it's confirmed, but I'm excited (it's not one of the ridiculous ones most folks seem to flip over, but I'm really excited).

Update on 空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (The Town of Daydreams) by Hebitsukai. The image cannot become a letterpress because it was created at a significantly smaller dpi than is required for it to be properly letterpressed. Unless the entire thing was redrawn, it cannot possibly become a letterpress.

My current plan for it is to screenprint it at Eclipse Workshop using UV Cured Inks and have it go through a UV curing machine so the inks of the image will rise up from the paper.

Natlebug

Neo Member
Do people on EB not sell to someone if they are a "noob"? I frequent EB, but never use the forums (as the people are not nearly as nice as on this one). I really want to purchase a Moss 'The Legend of Zelda' Variant. But no one seems to want to reply. I am not low-balling them or anything. Any reason this is happening?

Do people on EB not sell to someone if they are a "noob"? I frequent EB, but never use the forums (as the people are not nearly as nice as on this one). I really want to purchase a Moss 'The Legend of Zelda' Variant. But no one seems to want to reply. I am not low-balling them or anything. Any reason this is happening?

From the little I've seen, they're not very noob friendly, no, *especially* when it comes to buying + selling.

Sigma722

Are the messages still in your "outbox" or are they now in your "sent messages"? If they are in your outbox, then they haven't even read the message yet. Some people are slower than others at checking that.

EB is apprehensive towards noobs, but it doesn't make as much sense to be weird for a noob trying to buy, since he obv has to send the money first. And if the seller documents shipping everything correctly, and insures it, then he should be safe as well.

Natlebug

Neo Member
Are the messages still in your "outbox" or are they now in your "sent messages"? If they are in your outbox, then they haven't even read the message yet. Some people are slower than others at checking that.

EB is apprehensive towards noobs, but it doesn't make as much sense to be weird for a noob trying to buy, since he obv has to send the money first. And if the seller documents shipping everything correctly, and insures it, then he should be safe as well.

Some are in the outbox, but most are in the sent folder. So I know they have read it. It's frustrating because some members on EB are offering it for $100 less than on eBay.

I've also bought several posters off EB. But I'm not sure if I can reflect that on my end, or it would be up to the seller to indicate that I successfully purchased something through them. Either way I suppose it's just a frustrating scenario.

IronRinn

Some are in the outbox, but most are in the sent folder. So I know they have read it. It's frustrating because some members on EB are offering it for $100 less than on eBay.

I've also bought several posters off EB. But I'm not sure if I can reflect that on my end, or it would be up to the seller to indicate that I successfully purchased something through them. Either way I suppose it's just a frustrating scenario.

You should send feedback requests for all the items you've purchased, that way you have an established track record. EB's feedback system is kind of obtuse. Go to My Page, click on Feedback and on that page in the upper right, you'll see a space to request feedback from members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom