• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

orioto

Good Art™
So i worked on the character a little more and added some more details, is it better now (or not enough ?). I really want it to hit SoM fans in their feels.

SoMdef%27.jpg

I still think it's a little messy as a poster..

Also i'd like to work on a long serie this time, with many games from different periods and systems. The next one should be
A black and white link's awakening

LaneDS

TOTALLY CHILL, NOT AT ALL CRAZY-SOUNDING RESPONSE.

Anyone here got their LD Journey yet?!? I need pics!

Also, anyone else here get an LD travel poster sub?

Was going to ask if you could post pics when yours arrives, but yeah, if anyone else can throw up some pics I'd like to see it in person (edit: in person via pictures of a print / leave me alone :(

Do folks know what that train print is that he's been teasing the last few weeks via FB? Looking good.

Do folks know what that train print is that he's been teasing the last few weeks via FB? Looking good.

http://www.fordcraftsmanonline.com/servlet/the-163/Modes-of-Transportation-Subscription/Detail

This is the subscription for the Regular "Modes of Transportation" posters by Laurent Durieux. These travel posters will measure 24x36 and be 8 or more colors. These have an edition of 450 total including those in the subscription. Your subscription will include six separate shipments of posters in the series as they are printed with matching numbers. The subscription price includes all 6 posters and shipping price includes shipping for all 6 posters. The schedule is roughly one poster every two months but this may vary due to printing schedules and Laurent's hectic schedule. You will also have priority access to future projects without having to worry about fighting drops and will be on a dedicated subscribers mailing list. This includes shipping charges for 6 separate shipments with US pricing. We can combine shipping to save you costs. If you are an international buyer, we will work up the actual shipping costs and invoice separately for the additional shipping. Printing dates are already scheduled with the printer for the series but, again, these are likely to change some over time. Our first poster in this series, a railroad poster (featuring the bear), will print through most of the month of May and will likely ship the first week of June. Travel posters and Laurent Durieux are a perfect match. This is going to be an epic series!

Variant set is sold out, but regular sub and a set of 6 on wood is still available.

Let's keep the drama on EB (also keep in mind the mods on Neogaf aren't as lenient as the ones on EB).

Crap! Just found out my buddy Blackace got de-modded! There goes our security.

Sigma722

Let's keep the drama on EB (also keep in mind the mods on Neogaf aren't as lenient as the ones on EB).

I was about to suggest the same thing. Also you don't need that last part. We can get mods in here if we need to. Obviously, it'd be better to not have to resort to that.

Edit: EB mods are a joke lol.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Speaking of selling posters...

I know I've said this before, and I've managed to make things work out, but I just got hit with a $1000 dentist bill, and I've got another $1000 coming in three weeks. Then I have some wisdom teeth to remove which will probably run in the four figures range.

Time to start picking between my preciousssses. You lot will be the first to know. Mostly because I'm fond of y'all, and also because I have little to no presence on EB (some feedback from stuff I've bought, no forum posts).

Edit: Augh, and looking over my bills, I'm reminded of buying the whole Moss GoT set. Still need to pay for that. Anyone want Struzan's Thing? :(

Kerrinck

Speaking of selling posters...

I know I've said this before, and I've managed to make things work out, but I just got hit with a $1000 dentist bill, and I've got another $1000 coming in three weeks. Then I have some wisdom teeth to remove which will probably run in the four figures range.

Time to start picking between my preciousssses. You lot will be the first to know. Mostly because I'm fond of y'all, and also because I have little to no presence on EB (some feedback from stuff I've bought, no forum posts).

Hey you can have my feedback at least, I think I bought a Katamari Damacy from you back when it had just been released IIRC.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
So i worked on the character a little more and added some more details, is it better now (or not enough ?). I really want it to hit SoM fans in their feels.

SoMdef%27.jpg

I'm not a big Secret of Mana fan (
I thought it was overrated even back at release
), but that hit even me in the feels. It looks great. I'm sure a bigger fan can offer better feedback than I though.

Also i'd like to work on a long serie this time, with many games from different periods and systems. The next one should be

Augh, take your time. I suspect I'll want those, and I don't have the funds right now. :(

Also, any plans to ever go back to that FF6 fresco project? I take it the first one didn't go as well as you hoped?

Hey you can have my feedback at least, I think I bought a Katamari Damacy from you back when it had just been released IIRC.

That does ring a bell. Thanks for the offer!

orioto

Good Art™
I'm not a big Secret of Mana fan (
I thought it was overrated even back at release
), but that hit even me in the feels. It looks great. I'm sure a bigger fan can offer better feedback than I though.

Augh, take your time. I suspect I'll want those, and I don't have the funds right now. :(

Also, any plans to ever go back to that FF6 fresco project? I take it the first one didn't go as well as you hoped?

Thx for the feedback, that's the only one i got for now but i think i'll release it tomorow. I want to be sure now cause sometimes you miss the aimed audience for something silly.

The Zelda one should be there quick but those ones are just limited to 50 and i don't think i'll sell them out fast. Even the 6x50 Chrono posters are still there (i sold 60% of the amount i guess, wich is pretty nice, like 170 maybe..).

I just hope this "rpg beggenings" is an idea that will spread some exposure on the way.

The FFVI fresco worked really well, and i promised to do the sequel.. but it was also so exhausting and hard to do lol.. I'm thinking of doing the second part in July (one year after the first one), but i'll need courage... Especially when i'm going away from that style now and i have to do the rest with the proper style to match.

$390 for six prints shipped; so $65 each. That's actually not a bad price. I'm tempted to but feel like I don't have much space to hang them up once I do get them.

Damn I was about to buy one of his us-Europe prints off EB.... But now I kinda wanna see these first. Just ordered Mylar sleeves and good backings too

SoMdef%27.jpg

I still think it's a little messy as a poster..

I was a huge Secret of Mana fan back in the day and yes, this gives me the feels.

I like the details and clarity you've added since the last iteration. I think the only good feedback I can give is this: for me, as a kid, find the literal "sword in the stone" was a huge moment, even if it was just a bum sword in the early level. Seeing the character hold it, then experiencing the "new" active battle system was huge for me.

The sword feels a little lost in its surroundings. I think a little more separation from the water/background would be great.

Again, just my impressions, but to me as a kid, finding an ACTUAL sword in a stone was the first step down the path of awesome that was SoM.

orioto

Good Art™
I was a huge Secret of Mana fan back in the day and yes, this gives me the feels.

I like the details and clarity you've added since the last iteration. I think the only good feedback I can give is this: for me, as a kid, find the literal "sword in the stone" was a huge moment, even if it was just a bum sword in the early level. Seeing the character hold it, then experiencing the "new" active battle system was huge for me.

The sword feels a little lost in its surroundings. I think a little more separation from the water/background would be great.

Again, just my impressions, but to me as a kid, finding an ACTUAL sword in a stone was the first step down the path of awesome that was SoM.

Thx, that's noted :) I'll see what i can do cause it already has white borders! But the water is clear to.

5/8/2014:

Gremlins by Randy Ortiz

359f4636920e72a604f9a449_533x800.jpg

Poster by Randy Ortiz. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 290. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman by Elvisdead

c5610d70defe90fbc4af6914_237x533.jpg

Poster by Elvisdead. 16"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Glow in the Dark ink. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman Variant Edition by Elvisdead

efd72fa0418331d644ef632a_237x533.jpg

Poster by Elvisdead. 16"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Glow in the Dark ink. Edition of 100. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

Creepshow by Mike Saputo

b579bcef700ff024a09cddf6_533x400.jpg

Poster by Mike Saputo. 24"x18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 300. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Creepshow Variant Edition by Mike Saputo

2d7e98dad28c177d5e97469a_533x400.jpg

Poster by Mike Saputo. 24"x18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

orioto

Good Art™
It really does. As a Sega fan, kinda bummed I had to pass on Panzer Dragoon since I was broke at the time but I'm sure you'll eventually release something for a game I really love again.

At least that series will see lots of rpg, from different systems or periods.

DemiMatt

So . . . I just received my Kevin Tong Wizard of Oz and jesus christ, pics never do his work justice. The level of detail and range of colors is so beautiful, tiny glitter specs al through out, such a nice range of greys and blacks in the bottom of it. Will post pics once I get it framed. But man . . . insane.

Zozobra

Was the next GAF-commissioned piece unveiled to the public yet, or is that still a secret amongst those involved in the MGS print? I try to follow this thread pretty regularly, but I didn't see anything...

levere

Neo Member
Yes, they're in Canada.

I was going to order a variant for someone, but it would've been $133 after tax and shipping...

All individual Majo S and C orders have been packed (with the exception of 2 international orders -- whom I've already contacted). They will be shipping tomorrow. If you ordered one of these individually or with Paprika and did not get a shipping notice, please let me know. Thanks!

Riptwo

All individual Majo S and C orders have been packed (with the exception of 2 international orders -- whom I've already contacted). They will be shipping tomorrow. If you ordered one of these individually or with Paprika and did not get a shipping notice, please let me know. Thanks!

I haven't seen a shipping notice for Majo or MGS yet. Any chance of a re-send?

I haven't seen a shipping notice for Majo or MGS yet. Any chance of a re-send?

Ah, that's cause of the MGS hold-up. Those aren't in-hand yet so if you're international and you bought MGS you wouldn't have received an invoice for any item from me yet. The invoice will include both Majo and MGS in one.

Rinemie

Neo Member
Just wanted to say thanks MB, I know i speak for everyone here that we're really excited and thankful for the hard-work you have put in to get us setup with all these commissioned pieces. Plus you are not making anything from this and you're doing it purely as a hobby so if there is anything we can help you out with, let us know. :)

Thanks Rinemie!

Also,

Up now:

Transformers 30th Anniversary Edition by Tom Whalen

photo_5_2__83329.1399898682.1280.1280.jpg

Transformers 30 (Foil) by Tom Whalen - $80.00

Limited Edition Screen Print

24x36 - 9 colors on Holographics Foil

Run Size: 150

Markings: Signed and Numbered

Paper: Holographic Foil

Produced by Acidfree Gallery

Officially Licensed by Hasbro

Printed by D&L Screen Printing - Seattle , WA

Due to licensing restrictions we cannot ship this item to Japan

Limit two per household.

How to buy online: http://www.acidfreegallery.com/transformers-30-foil-by-tom-whalen/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom