• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Holy shit this is what I'm talking about! Iron Giant toy!

BoQTk6XIEAAQeZJ.jpg

Axiom

I would love to get the Electra honestly, I just can't afford it.
I think it looks fantastic and I'm amazed it's not popular.

IronRinn

I would love to get the Electra honestly, I just can't afford it.
I think it looks fantastic and I'm amazed it's not popular.

I think for a lot of people, it's just that their only exposure to the character is probably the movies as opposed to, say, the Miller Daredevil run or Elektra: Assassin.

Edit: Even so, I'm not sure how many people there are who are into the character enough to throw a 24" x 36" print on the wall.

5/23/2014:

Hannibal by Phantom City Creative

81bf73684528ffa7302dfcb5_533x800.jpg

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Hannibal Alternate by Phantom City Creative

71d0b3f3c14d03f4c447ef9d_533x800.jpg

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

MG310

Happy Elektra didn't go quick so I was able to get one. Think it's the first thing from Mondo that I wanted and was actually able to get :D

Got both! Woot. :)

Metal Gear is nearly done I believe.. think he said he was checking on the final details this week?

I have finished versions of each on me. The rest should be done by the first week of June. E3 pick-up is possible.

I guess I'll do an update here:

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #1 & 1A: Metal Gear Solid - Gray Fox by Ash Thorp -- The final UV layer will be applied to the text and then printing will be done. They are scheduling us in while simultaneously working on Shag's stuff and are behind schedule overall, hence why it's taking a while. After I receive the prints I should be able to get it signed before E3.

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #2 & 2A: Majo no Takkyūbin Version S & C by Jasmin Darnell -- Done and on-hand. Individual orders or those that have combined shipping with Paprika should have received theirs by now. For those that combined with Metal Gear it will ship together.

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #3: Paprika by Hebitsukai -- Done and on-hand. Individual orders or those that have combined shipping with Majo should have received theirs by now. For those that combined with Metal Gear it will ship together.

From this point I will be re-numbering the commissions a bit:

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #4: 空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (Daydream Town Theory) by Hebitsukai -- The file needs a bit of tweaking. This will be screenprinted printed with Eclipse Workshop using UV Inks then put through a UV Curing Machine. 17"x14".

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #5: Attack on Titan by ? -- Artwork is still being tweaked.

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #6: ??? by ?????? ??? -- Happening for sure now but pushed back to August 2014. This is the title sent out with the invoice.

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #7: Mikasa Ackerman by Craig Drake -- Expected Summer 2014.

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #8: Undecided by ???????? ???? -- Expected Fall 2014.

I was thinking about doing a small 5"x5" letterpress for Fancy-Poster Neogaffers using 2 colors with art by Hebitsukai, if there's interest in that. The image would depict a poster collecting gamer. I'd like to check it with Evilore first though.

Sushigod7

I was thinking about doing a small 5"x5" letterpress for Fancy-Poster Neogaffers using 2 colors with art by Hebitsukai, if there's interest in that. The image would depict a poster collecting gamer. I'd like to check it with Evilore first though.

I'd be down for that sounds cool.

Any reason why we insist on keeping that one a secret still? I mean most of us know what it is already.

Since it won't begin until August 2014 anyhow, there's no need to talk about it now. Plus, there might be circumstances between now and August that could have an effect on it.

Bii

Had a little surprise in the mail today. I got my Batman: The Black Mirror from Jock.

14258415452_ee06775350_o.jpg

14073937140_b8b1e53aa9_o.jpg
14073986157_822df8a010_o.jpg

Edition size ended up being 155 for the color variant. Not sure what the B/W's size is.

Bii

Timed Release

Mark Englert's
I'm Here to Rescue You: Tatooine Variant | I'm Here to Rescue You: Endor Variant

This 77 hour timed release begins at 10am Sunday May 25th PDT and ends Wednesday May 28th at 3pm PDT.
The edition size will be determined by the number of prints ordered.
12" x 36" prints will be signed and numbered.

As an added bonus, anyone who purchases one of these prints from Dark Ink will have a chance
to receive a randomly inserted golden ticket* with their order.

edit: This is two separate prints. The reg had GID layers for the Endor scene. What do you guys think?

$50

iExI2mN3MgFcf.jpg

$50
ibeya6mJ158SVK.jpg

These are up now.

Also, DISD23 gives a 20% discount, effectively making them $40 each before shipping.

orioto

Good Art™
So just to let you know i've added the high quality art print (240gsm natural white archival paper with archival inks) to my last posters. I'll do that now, 50 185gsm posters (also available on canvas and with frame) and 10 more art prints.

Aside from Rockin' Jelly Bean and Hebitsukai, HR-FM is the only other artist from Japan that puts out screenprint artwork that I know of. That piece looks a tad different than his other works but in a good way.

omgkitty

Really like this Dan McPharlin from the Bottleneck show coming up on Friday:

This HR-FM is neat too

I think a lot of the art there is going to get my attention honestly.

Where did you find these at? Dan McPharlin is one of those artists I obsessed over after I found he did those Pretty Lights covers, and then I feel like he just dropped off the internet and I never saw anything else he did for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom