• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinemie

Neo Member
Thanks Ash and Mockingbird! My MGS, Kiki, and paprika prints arrived and I cannot believe how well they all turned out. My friends are all super jealous of the ninja print. I have to say now that we have a ninja, we are gonna need a MGS 1 villain series. I would kill to see psycho mantis, sniper wolf, revolver ocelot, liquid snake, and raven in this same style. Thanks again and bring on more prints. Especially looking forward to the secret commissions! :)

XD, there was a Vulcan Raven, Psycho Mantis mock-up awhile back. I'd like to see those too.

Sushigod7

Hey guys there is a raffle going for a buddy and artist Tony Diaz. His Mom is very ill and needs hospice. He is raffling off a couple original prints each raffle ticket is $10 PM me for the email address to send the money into. It will go direct to him. Here are a few prizes for the raffle and his message.

"hey every one!! my mother is currently sick with Stage 4 Breast / Brain cancer. I am hoping to raise some funds to help cover future medical expenses. My brothers and Aunt are taking GREAT CARE OF MOM!! But i would like to contribute in other ways as well, and i think this is something Mom would like. So i am RAFFLING OFF MY SPACEMAN SPIFF ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA ILLUSTRATION, and my TOTOROS DREAM RIDE ORIGINAL ILLUSTRATION and MY SPACEMAN SPIFF LIMITED EDITION #1 SCREEN PRINT as well. Every little bit helps. Raffle will stay open till FRIDAY JUNE 20th at which time names will be drawn out of a tube and posted via video. Rules: 1. 10 bucks a entry (enter as many times as you want). 2. Send the entry loot to PM ME FOR EMAIL. 3. Use " WE LOVE YOU JOANNE " as the subject. 4. Note you entered in this thread so I can make sure all is GTG. Thanks peeps.
PS PLEASE DO NOT USE RAFFLE , LOTTO OR ANY OF THE LIKES IN THE COMMENTS WHEN USING PAY PAL
i36Grvp2lmdjX.jpg

i0AvHIUSEjNT8.jpg

GRRRRRR. Sent a couple of PMs. I know you're busy Mockingbird but I want one! :p

Ah, sorry. I posted it a few pages back but as long as you send a pm you're fine. I'm leaving all the requests to get one as without a reply so it'll be easy for me to just scroll through them when the time comes. I can't start accepting new orders until I'm done shipping all the pre-orders. I think I still have around 30+ to go in terms of shipping.

6/17/2014:

The Grand Budapest Hotel by Vania Zouravliov

919e07cfe62cfc3e3d705290_533x800.jpg

Poster by Vania Zouravliov. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Fargo by Matt Taylor

acb40863aab80accad0936d6_533x711.jpg

Poster by Matt Taylor. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 245. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Mockingbird was able to get in touch with an artist who is taking commissions, and we are going with the artist who did this piece:
0Kf2VFol.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=32787024

For the poster, I was thinking of using San Marco Square as the background:
68n6eKRl.jpg

With perhaps the main three characters (Akari, Aika, Alice) in the foreground somewhere in a gondola. Does that sound like a plan?

That art style is fucking amazing (although Akari's eye color looks wrong. might just be a stylistic thing).

Yeah, that sounds amazing.

Mockingbird was able to get in touch with an artist who is taking commissions, and we are going with the artist who did this piece:
http://i.imgur.com/0Kf2VFol.jpg
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=32787024

For the poster, I was thinking of using San Marco Square as the background:
http://i.imgur.com/68n6eKRl.jpg

With perhaps the main three characters (Akari, Aika, Alice) in the foreground somewhere in a gondola. Does that sound like a plan?

Sounds good to me

V_Ben

Banned
That frame is perfect, man.

...I really wasn't feeling that Budapest Hotel. I don't know why I haven't loved Mondo's stuff for a little bit.

Duuke

Ah, sorry. I posted it a few pages back but as long as you send a pm you're fine. I'm leaving all the requests to get one as without a reply so it'll be easy for me to just scroll through them when the time comes. I can't start accepting new orders until I'm done shipping all the pre-orders. I think I still have around 30+ to go in terms of shipping.

Thank you!

Fletcher

Received my MGS print. Thanks so much Mockingbird and Thorpe. Turned out really great. I was a tad bummed at first I didn't get the regular, but this red variant in person is something else. Great work!

IronRinn

On sale today, Thursday, June 19th at a random time on Mondo: Ken Taylor Part 2: The Tayloring:

4870d170750b56ff512fff85_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 350. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

449be829def19486798c1750_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

9f41a9040f5332ee271a7fe2_533x321.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 21.5"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 375. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

e712bf88602a2fc59aeb056a_533x321.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 21.5"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 200. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

48950ef5a9b7670f11d671d0_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 350. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

7bf53af52675a1dadbbf878c_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

Meier

I'd love a good Children of Men print, but that one isn't going to cut it.

Ken is so talented but I was thoroughly underwhelmed by most everything in his show sadly -- I didn't even bother to go to the gallery. :( Seemed to me that he must have had some major limitations due to likeness licensing, etc. on some of them. Others just didn't do it for me.

Shipping update for MGS.

I think I have about 15 or less orders to ship. Of the those, 3 are domestic and the rest are international. Going to search around but I'm currently out of tubes, so the majority of the remaining orders will be going out next week as the final wave when the tubes I ordered arrive mid-week. I'll try and scrounge some up in the mean while, so some few will be going out before then, hopefully.

Most of the time I'm packing these late at night as -- I think a lot of people got their confirmations after midnight for shipment in the morning.

Anyways, sorry for the wait, though it did meet my estimate of taking approximately 1 month to get everything out. In terms of how the order of shipment is determined it goes by how much I like you.
Just kidding. It's going by order of payment -- hence why mostly internationals are left.

Update on 空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (The Town of Daydreams) by Hebitsukai

I went in to Eclipse to check out the sample paper and it's a paper with a light iridescent effect on it. Should make the piece very interesting when printed =) Also hoping to impress with this. Eclipse is currently busy due to the project below so because of the I think the expected print date is after this is done.

Batman 1966 - "The Delegation of Evildoers" by Shag

1.jpg

Artist: SHAG
Title: The Delegation of Evildoers
Medium: 21 color, hand-pulled silk screen serigraph
Image Size: 21” x 36”
Paper Size: 24” x 40”
Edition Size: 150 pcs signed and numbered

This is a PRE-SALE for San Diego Comic Con. Your order WILL NOT SHIP until AFTER SDCC is finished...around July 29th orders will start to ship. Your card will be charged in full now for your purchase.
$500
PLEASE BE SURE OF YOUR PURCHASE, AS ALL SALES ARE FINAL

How to buy online: http://huckleberrydirect.bigcartel.com/product/batman-1966-the-delegation-of-evildoers

suplex

Got my MGS shipping notice, woo!

Think I might have to get the Englert Little Mermaid for the future kids room.

Gonna pick up my Geddes Ascent after work today too, stoked!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
How you all framing the MGS print? (For cheaper)

I have an 18x24 frame but the print is just slightly too big. I almost need a 18.5x24.5" frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom