• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

Email notification via Paypal. Mockingbird usually adds the tracking number to the Paypal transaction when your item(s) have been shipped.

Ahh! Gotcha. Doesn't look like mine has shipped yet or maybe it just hasn't been updated. Either way, can't wait! :D

Vyrance

Just received all 4 of my posters about an hour ago, thanks for setting up these commissions Mockingbird! They all look great ;)

Btw, I'm in Florida and got mine. Not sure how the shipping works, but I assume a lot of people should be receiving theirs today

Meier

No MGS for me yet, not sure if Mockingbird is waiting to ship me later since he gave me Paprika early or what. Looking forward to it arriving when it gets here though! :D

LaneDS

Only peeked at the MGS prints (I'm overly paranoid about unrolling them) and man those look completely awesome. Thanks again Mockingbird! Very excited.

Just got home nearly an hour ago, was greeted by the sight of a poster tube chilling by my front door...

First of all, I wanted to say thanks to Mockingbird for making this commission happen. NeoGAF is a fantastic community to be a part of and it's really the people who make it special, so again, cheers for making this happen. Second of all, my God is this this a gorgeous poster... I snapped a few pics but they really don't do it justice, it's really a beautiful piece and I love the red background.

BPn4Sih.jpg

Uq2tDJx.jpg

1mfvQGu.jpg

mkroi8R.jpg

sasari

Bottleneck show tomorrow and something I've hoped for forever, a Trigun screenprint! Loved the previews but now full piece and I can't get on with the ladies... they look so out of place on there, completely different to the rest.

IronRinn

Also, seems like we're slacking off here. So...

Today, Thursday June 12th, on Mondotees Dot Com, at a random time: A few Robocops (just a few) and some Ken Taylors:

2d0b4ab3ca41ff989ffea002_178x533.jpg

Poster by Tom Whalen. 12"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 300. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

ebb9a35f8a5b82a38799d846_533x800.jpg

Poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 300. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

540bdd946039afbe47f7611f_533x800.jpg

Poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

d6f47bd3a16fcade654ef9fa_533x799.jpg

Poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print on metal. Hand numbered. Edition of 35. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $300

513b4a93f7e12c465644f9e4_222x533.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 15"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 375. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

dc8f71008dda5d6ed855a38e_533x355.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 36"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 375. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

f48fcbe8e49970add4ce904b_533x355.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 36"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 375. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

IronRinn

Another piece from that Bottleneck show. Everyone and their mother has done a Totoro print, but people still come up with neat ideas for it:

10402670_689024124502398_1116536455262655696_n.jpg

I've got the original this is the variant off, much prefer it

Yeah, I just saw this was a variant. Seems he did two different sizes on the original, too.

Meier

Another piece from that Bottleneck show. Everyone and their mother has done a Totoro print, but people still come up with neat ideas for it:

10402670_689024124502398_1116536455262655696_n.jpg

Love this! Mondo need an Olly Moss print something fierce. Those Robocops are so boring.. they've really missed the mark a lot lately.

keiichi

Just saw some of the pieces from the bottleneck gallery newsletter.

I really need the Totoro and Wario. Will be setting my alarm for the online preview sale :)

Really need to make it out there one day too.

Rinemie

Neo Member
Alexander Iaccarino still owes me a poster from a paid sub, I've contacted him directly through every possible channel and have been ignored for the most part so I've just given up now.

I won't be buying anything from him anymore so I'd suggest Buy At Your Own Risk. Granted this is through bottleneck the logistical side should be ok.

Sushigod7

Alexander Iaccarino still owes me a poster from a paid sub, I've contacted him directly through every possible channel and have been ignored for the most part so I've just given up now.

I won't be buying anything from him anymore so I'd suggest Buy At Your Own Risk. Granted this is through bottleneck the logistical side should be ok.

Your not the only one I know some other people in the subscription he screwed. They are considering legal recourse because like you encountered he won't return emails, tweets or FB messages. The only way I could get the guy to respond to me about GITS was to post repeated messages on his FB page and pm's. At least with this show Bottleneck can oversee things I trust them =). I still won't buy his stuff though.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Bottleneck are seriously great and friendly dudes, so anything bought at their show you'll definitely get.

Rinemie

Neo Member
Bottleneck are seriously great and friendly dudes, so anything bought at their show you'll definitely get.

I should clarify the "buy at your own risk" meaning purchasing directly from him, he does a pretty poor job with logistics/keeping track of things.

but I agree the guys at bottleneck are great.

IronRinn

Completely missed the part in the email that stated that the preview was tonight. Oh well, may hunt down that Totoro at some point.

Edit: Sucks to hear about people's problems with Iaccarino. I believe that going forward Bottleneck will be handling all the distribution of his stuff, so things should improve.

I've got a sub to Iaccarino's stuff and have no interest in Death Note. If anyone was planning on picking one up and wants to help me offload mine hit me up.

Trasher

Any chance anyone here was in that commission for the Weston print? I love The Good the Bad and the Ugly, and he knocked that print out of the park imo. I need to track one of these down!

Just received my MGS print along with Paprika and the Durieux Vertigo.

Gorgeous!

Thanks again to Mockingbird and JStevenson for all the work!

lupinko

Silly question but what are the dimensions for our gaf commissions again?

Mgs / Kiki / paprika

So I remember what size frames to get.

Glassboy

Thanks Ash and Mockingbird! My MGS, Kiki, and paprika prints arrived and I cannot believe how well they all turned out. My friends are all super jealous of the ninja print. I have to say now that we have a ninja, we are gonna need a MGS 1 villain series. I would kill to see psycho mantis, sniper wolf, revolver ocelot, liquid snake, and raven in this same style. Thanks again and bring on more prints. Especially looking forward to the secret commissions! :)

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Ash Thorp Metal Gear Solid Commission UPDATE:

Tomorrow (7/23/2013) or later in the evening today I will start collecting payments on the Ash Thorp Metal Gear Solid Commission.

Here is a sketch he submitted:

ASH_MGS_COMP_2_zps984b0687.png

I will send a private message to each member with instructions on where to make their down-payment of $20. Payment must be done via PayPal gift option. What will happen is I will be collecting payments from everyone up until July 31, 2013 while checking people off the list and then I will forward the entire amount to the artist. Every cent will be going to the artist.

As payments are made I will mark you off the list as paid.

Once payment is sent to Ash, I will ask for him to make a post on his blog to verify to everyone that I sent him the full amount.

To recap here are the list of people.

If you signed up and you're not on the list it is because I inadvertently missed you. Please let me know and I will add you!

Thanks!

Is it still possible to get one of these? I just saw this in the Pick Up thread and I really want to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom