• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gosufailure

Neo Member
Anyone know of any great Street Fighter fancy posters?

Udon produces some pretty killer art work but I haven't seen any of it in large format on good stock.

LEGO Memories (Or a Man-Child's Recollection of the 80's Through Lego) *art by Dan Shearn

Opening reception Friday 6/20/14 7-10pm
Online sales 6/21/14 ~1pm Pacific

Hero Complex Gallery
2020 South Robertson Blvd.,
Studio D
Los Angeles, CA 90034

http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/pages/lego-memories

-Dan has created over 60 new pieces for this show, so be sure to come and see his creations in person. And the best part is that most of the pieces in the show are only $20 so they make for great gifts for the LEGO minifig fan in all of us!-
bUF6V7h.jpg

n35nzt7.jpg

5QmZPIM.jpg

Riptwo

Anyone know of any great Street Fighter fancy posters?

Udon produces some pretty killer art work but I haven't seen any of it in large format on good stock.

Udon always have some nice prints at conventions, and I see that some are available on their webstore. I seem to recall that there was a batch of great SF prints released around the 25th anniversary, but I can't recall who sold them. I'll keep looking around in case any are still available.

Edit: Looks like it was Cook & Becker, and they still have prints available (probably because of the insane pricing). Check 'em out here!

Just thought I'd post some positive feedback from a recent purchase off Cheska. Sold the print to me at cost and shipped off quickly, hard to beat that.

Meier

I think mine was lost perhaps. :( It got here to Austin on the 18th and was out on the truck for delivery.. 2 days later it was delivered to Georgetown, TX (a suburb about 35 miles north). USPS will call me back on Monday with more info. Total BS..

ysFIJzU.png

LaneDS

Anyone framed their MGS commission yet that could show pictures? Going to the framer's today for The Elk Guard but think I want to frame either the regular or the variant (can't decide which I like better still) and would like to see how others have framed theirs.

Bii

Anyone framed their MGS commission yet that could show pictures? Going to the framer's today for The Elk Guard but think I want to frame either the regular or the variant (can't decide which I like better still) and would like to see how others have framed theirs.

Frame one now and just swap it out every few months with the other. Of course, how you pick your colors to accommodate both would be interesting.

I haven't framed mine yet but it'll go in my son's room once it is.

Sushigod7

Not yet they are just sitting here being amazing not on the wall yet =(

I think mine was lost perhaps. :( It got here to Austin on the 18th and was out on the truck for delivery.. 2 days later it was delivered to Georgetown, TX (a suburb about 35 miles north). USPS will call me back on Monday with more info. Total BS..

ysFIJzU.png

Crap. Let me know. If this isn't a guaranteed insurance win USPS is broken.

I have a replacement so don't worry there.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

Haven't framed mine yet, but when I eventually do the end goal is for it to look something like this:

suplex

I'd love to get that Super Turbo box set.

This is my favorite Street fighter related poster. I bought the cps2 cart on ebay way back and it included one even though it wasn't advertised. I think I'm gonna get it framed up nice soon.

5Bnh4EQ.jpg

There was also a Street Fighter print in that Lego show.

I emailed Stout and asked him the chances of a Street Fighter print from him after he posted a SF link on his site, he actually responded and said it was a possibility.

As you can see, I'm a huge SF nerd, if anyone ever tries to commission something let me know!

Meier

Picked up my Hannibal prints on Saturday -- they're both stunning. So excited about them. Didn't realize how big they were though til I got em.. monsters (no pun intended).

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey guys, I found a sticky smudge on one of my framed pieces and want to clean it off. It's museum glass, so is there any specific cleaner I should use? Currently, I have ammonia-free windex (it says there's vinegar in it) but I'm finding a bunch of conflicting stuff online about what specifically to use.

Any help would be appreciated, homies.

LaneDS

Hey guys, I found a sticky smudge on one of my framed pieces and want to clean it off. It's museum glass, so is there any specific cleaner I should use? Currently, I have ammonia-free windex (it says there's vinegar in it) but I'm finding a bunch of conflicting stuff online about what specifically to use.

Any help would be appreciated, homies.

I'd also like to hear folks opinions on this, including cleaning conservation clear glass.

Risible

I recently purchased this Hannibal poster and I'm looking into framing it. I read to use UV filtered plexiglass and an acid free backing board.
Does anyone have experience with frames from American Frame or Hollywood Poster Frames?

I've used American Frame a bunch of times and have been happy with them. I just got an order delivered from them tonight, actually :). I'll post pictures once I frame up the poster so you can get an idea of the quality.

Risible

Apologies for the crappy phone pic.

I chose a white mat because my plan is to swap various posters out over time and I didn't want colors to clash. I used acid free board but not UV glass to keep costs down - the posters won't be exposed to direct sunlight or even much indirect sunlight. I also chose a thin mat border because otherwise you go into the "oversize" category and that adds even more cost.

As you can see from the post timestamps it took me less than an hour to frame the poster.

All total I paid about $145 for the frame. It was less than that, but they had a free shipping over $125 deal, so by throwing in some hanging hardware I got the hanging kit for free basically. There's also an oversize shipping charge that takes effect regardless of the free shipping offer :(.

6/26/2014:

Catwoman by Ken Taylor

4a295595f7ee27cfd764b49a_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Catwoman Variant Edition by Ken Taylor

7497a22c391bfbaf0ce055db_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $80

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Frankenstein by Ken Taylor

cfc5a05494912a749e98faaf_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 375. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Frankenstein Variant Edition by Ken Taylor

ccfbc2267e4b2e897f4b3ee4_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

omlet

Dreweyes

Wow lots of great ones I'd love to grab a few, where are the details for them at or where will they be?

Thanks! I think this is the final info: 5" x 5" Giclée timed editions, numbered (maybe signed, still looking into that possibility) Available 7/7/14 - 7/14/14. $10 for 1 random, $35 for 4 random (no duplicates on multiple orders as far as I know), $135 for complete set (comes with secret print too!)

If this does okay, I'd love to make a series 2 with villains, and would love to hear requests from you all of who you would like to see in the next batch! :)

Sushigod7

Thanks! I think this is the final info: 5" x 5" Giclée timed editions, numbered (maybe signed, still looking into that possibility) Available 7/7/14 - 7/14/14. $10 for 1 random, $35 for 4 random (no duplicates on multiple orders as far as I know), $135 for complete set (comes with secret print too!)

If this does okay, I'd love to make a series 2 with villains, and would love to hear requests from you all of who you would like to see in the next batch! :)

Ahh bummer only randoms? Might try for a 4 pack and buy the others I'm looking for. I definitely want that Snake thats my favorite.

LaneDS

Sweet! One complete set sold here at least, and will start thinking of villain ideas (Mother Brain immediately came to mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom