• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every pre-paid Metal Gear Solid , Paprika, and Majo print has now been shipped unless you asked for local-pickup.

If you pre-ordered and have not received shipping confirmation please contact me.

I will start contacting people on the waiting list tonite or tomorrow.

Everyone that wishes for a MGS Re-drop should have been contacted via PM. If I missed you please let me know.

Moving on, #4 should be printed some time after SDCC.

Cheska

Hey guys, did anyone miss out on Upstream Color by Tong? I'm selling mine at cost + shipping. Still in the original mailer, finally done hanging everything in the room and this is one the casualties that will have to go. I'll also throw in a damaged (some of the border faded away) JJ Harrison Ducktales in for free. Just shoot me a PM.

Meier

Laurent Durieux, Tim Sale, Phone Booth Gallery announced today for MondoCon. Also a store from LA called Secret Headquarters will be selling stuff.

7/1/2014:

This Island, Earth by Ken Taylor

8efd51ebc59af738e5a9c31c_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

This Island, Earth Variant Edition by Ken Taylor

9b0e81acae4bdd876f43a021_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Predator by Ken Taylor

c033e60e73ffc7ef34b38727_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 400. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

Predator Variant Edition by Ken Taylor

01ab7052239dfd3a42c3e15d_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Ken Taylor. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $80

7/3/2014:

The Goonies by James Flames

6250fdf1a8d3be71e746bdde_533x800.jpg

Poster by James Flames. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

The Goonies Variant Edition by James Flames

374ecae6c08879791b6f161a_533x800.jpg

Poster by James Flames. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

LaneDS

This is another case of me getting really excited reading the subject line followed by me being really underwhelmed once I opened the e-mail.

Sushigod7

Nice to see a different approach to the film but not enough for me to buy it. So many more memorable scenes I would have loved to have the kids overlooking the bay with the cabin on the right kids overlooking the bay on the left set in landscape. This is just to plain for me.

Risible

Yeah, it would be an impressive feat to meet or even exceed the loveliness of the Ortiz print.

The metallic inks are so sweet on that print.

I actually snagged two copies by mistake when it came out, and was pissed at the time as I hadn't planned to spent the money. Now I'm thrilled that I have them as my kids love the movie, plan to frame them up for Christmas as a present for the boys - got an awesome Totoro print from Bottleneck for my daughter :).

I actually snagged two copies by mistake when it came out, and was pissed at the time as I hadn't planned to spent the money. Now I'm thrilled that I have them as my kids love the movie, plan to frame them up for Christmas as a present for the boys - got an awesome Totoro print from Bottleneck for my daughter :).

Part of me is jealous of you owning two of those beauties and another part of me is mentally applauding you for being an awesome parent. The rest of my brain is thinking about sleep, sex, and cake.

Risible

Nice to see a different approach to the film but not enough for me to buy it. So many more memorable scenes I would have loved to have the kids overlooking the bay with the cabin on the right kids overlooking the bay on the left set in landscape. This is just to plain for me.

As a huge fan of the Goonies I can think of so many more scenes you could portray that would still convey a sense of adventure. Hell, the kids in the attic looking at the map they just found would give that "kid" sense of wonder and still be more exciting than Flames' poster. Or maybe all of them on the porch of the house watching Chunk do the Truffle Shuffle. I could come up with ideas all day :).

Risible

Part of me is jealous of you owning two of those beauties and another part of me is mentally applauding you for being in awesome parent. The rest of my brain is thinking about sleep, sex, and cake.

You have no idea how much willpower it takes to give those two posters away to them. t's only the fact that I really love them that allows me to do it :).

I recently bought Ortiz's The Thing and Alien from an EB forum member as some of my first posters, and then decided to pick up his Gremlins AP and Aliens to complete the insanity. if I was into The Goonies I would probably own that print by now too.

Vyrance

Anyone that can recommend a good flat file? I don't want to spend anything crazy, maybe $400 at the absolute most. But don't know very much about poster storage, so figured I'd ask here first!

Cheska

Anyone that can recommend a good flat file? I don't want to spend anything crazy, maybe $400 at the absolute most. But don't know very much about poster storage, so figured I'd ask here first!

Scour Craigslist, it's the only place I've seen them for $400 or less for a good quality one.

Meier

I never posted my Totoro print!

Fantastic.

Mockingbird, I got my MGS print! The post office redelivered it after some time -- it looks beautiful. Almost wish I had gone with the standard after seeing the metallic inks on the other, but what a beauty this is. Kudos on going with the red paper itself. That's a really nice touch!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Wow, Goonies went way faster than I thought they would.

Glad I didn't slouch on it. Picked up a reg for a friend who's overseas right now.

Fantastic.

Mockingbird, I got my MGS print! The post office redelivered it after some time -- it looks beautiful. Almost wish I had gone with the standard after seeing the metallic inks on the other, but what a beauty this is. Kudos on going with the red paper itself. That's a really nice touch!

Awesome! Thanks for the update. And I'm glad you dig it in person =)

Both of the posters actually have the same amount of metallics. The Silver one is just more visible because of the paper but the red paper itself has metallic elements as well.

Here is a preview of Game & Print Club Print #16 by Bobby O'Herlihy.

unnamed1_zps1a78ff7f.jpg

And here is the last release, most like: Game & Print Club Print #17: I Will Fight Beside You Until the Very End by Elia Fernandez -- This contains MAJOR SPOILERS for Xenoblade Chronicles. It is not advised for you to view it unless you've made it past Prison Island in Eryth Sea -- http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/...FightBesideYouUntiltheVeryEnd_zpsf2f9b1c1.jpg

Elia's work doesn't scale down very well when you re-size, so I'll have close ups later.

You're shutting down Game & Print Club Mockingbird?

Most of the franchises I've already put out prints for and I figure 17 prints is already a lot for people to collect. I might do more but the releases will be few and far between. Maybe on special occasions like with Splatoon's release or something.

omgkitty

Most of the franchises I've already put out prints for and I figure 17 prints is already a lot for people to collect. I might do more but the releases will be few and far between. Maybe on special occasions like with Splatoon's release or something.

What about the one that was supposed to be coming soon? You know which one I'm talking about.

Also, now that all the Fancy-Poster GAF commissions have shipped, just want to say thanks to everyone for being extremely patient throughout the whole process. It actually took 11 months for everything to be completed -- which was much longer than expected. Thanks for putting your trust in me to handle this stuff as well!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o

Well then I guess I have to make sure I get these two coming up then! Can't pass up the chance to complete the set.

Thanks as always for your work in getting these and the NeoGAF commissions done.

Sushigod7

+1 for Splatoon!!!

Also your link is broke on that last print. Photobucket didn't like it. I think Kitty is referring to the Ico print that was in planning stages.

Also, now that all the Fancy-Poster GAF commissions have shipped, just want to say thanks to everyone for being extremely patient throughout the whole process. It actually took 11 months for everything to be completed -- which was much longer than expected. Thanks for putting your trust in me to handle this stuff as well!

Also a big thank you to you which made this amazing project possible we are all in your debt for it.

Worth the wait? I'd say so!

i7XVqCdqqXAn3.jpg

iuV1J1cni56OC.jpg

ibxHchw00lsVbJ.jpg

i28Y0jo9Xcgr2.jpg

ii48Bn3TVNhpd.jpg

Thanks so much to Mockingbird, these are truly amazing works. One small issue is that I seem to have ended up with a different colour selection for Gray Fox to the one I had originally requested, but I'm more than happy with the red version - it punches with so much vibrance, I have no desire to part with it whatsoever. Can't wait to get them properly framed...

keiichi

Thank you so much for everything MB.

Worth the wait? I'd say so!

i7XVqCdqqXAn3.jpg

iuV1J1cni56OC.jpg

ibxHchw00lsVbJ.jpg

i28Y0jo9Xcgr2.jpg

ii48Bn3TVNhpd.jpg

Thanks so much to Mockingbird, these are truly amazing works. One small issue is that I seem to have ended up with a different colour selection for Gray Fox to the one I had originally requested, but I'm more than happy with the red version - it punches with so much vibrance, I have no desire to part with it whatsoever. Can't wait to get them properly framed...

Sending you a pm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom