• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
kSiVmWLl.jpg

Crappy picture aside, I'm glad I finally got the chance to pull these out of the tube to put into a portfolio. Hopefully they'll straighten out after spending them in it.

They look fab by the way. Thanks Mockingbird!

kSiVmWLl.jpg

Crappy picture aside, I'm glad I finally got the chance to pull these out of the tube to put into a portfolio. Hopefully they'll straighten out after spending them in it.

They look fab by the way. Thanks Mockingbird!

Awesome! But I actually recommend flattening them outside before putting in the folio. Put weights on the four corners and the sides. Give it a few days. It would work for the better.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Awesome! But I actually recommend flattening them outside before putting in the folio. Put weights on the four corners and the sides. Give it a few days. It would work for the better.
I don't have room for that unfortunately. Would it be a big problem if I left it in the folio instead?

LaneDS

Looks like dreweyes' blind box series is up!

Time edition running from today through Tuesday July 15th

I'm dumb and only see an option to get notified via e-mail when they're in stock... which seems odd for a timed edition. What am I doing wrong?

Sigma722

I'm dumb and only see an option to get notified via e-mail when they're in stock... which seems odd for a timed edition. What am I doing wrong?

Oh weird. That wasn't the case earlier. Maybe they are holding off a day. Interesting.

Edit: Oh yeah, I guess there was a technical difficulty, so it is being delayed. Woops!

Riptwo

Mockingbird: I just got my MGS variant and Majo C, and they're phenomenal! Once again, thank you for making this all happen. These are some of the coolest prints that I own!

Sushigod7

Taxi Driver fans who haven't acquired Ansin's legendary print should check out this thread: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=140354

it's a Barret Chapman commission (http://mrbchaps.blogspot.com) that is proceeding quite rapidly. his previous work is excellent so I am really looking forward to the first sketches he comes up with, which should be shown soon.

This really shouldn't be billed as a replacement for the Ansin I'm not sure why anyone would say that.

It should be noted and he isn't mentioning he is holding a large number (150) of the run for the gallery opening. He posted this info in a Facebook group, seems shady to me.

This really shouldn't be billed as a replacement for the Ansin I'm not sure why anyone would say that.

It should be noted and he isn't mentioning he is holding a large number (150) of the run for the gallery opening. He posted this info in a Facebook group, seems shady to me.

well it's a new print by a legit artist based on the movie that isn't gonna be a bunch of floating heads. it's enough to get my attention.

the whole thing just started up so I would be patient. having a gallery offer to back it for a full run of 150 just means everyone involved pays a lot less for their print.

7/10/2014:

The Strain by Phantom City Creative

2c6a7dd65bfc03c3e3dda6d4_533x711.jpg

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by Industry Print Shop. $40

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Strain Variant Edition by Phantom City Creative

859e21e2dd7bd90c0bbea320_533x711.jpg

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by Industry Print Shop. $40

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Birds by Sam Wolfe Connelly

64936e8438c67e4a560e9683_533x711.jpg

Poster by Sam Wolfe Connelly. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Meier

I really like that The Birds print.

It's excellent -- I figured Durieux at first. Reminiscent of his style IMO. Both of The Strain prints are completely pointless. They're basically just the artwork/promo images that have been released. $40.. gtfo.

Sushigod7

It's excellent -- I figured Durieux at first. Reminiscent of his style IMO. Both of The Strain prints are completely pointless. They're basically just the artwork/promo images that have been released. $40.. gtfo.

lol I love the FX logo too! haha indeed gtfo

Meier

I posted this on their FB yesterday:

The Birds is lovely and will go fast. At least one, maybe both, of The Strain will be available for a very long time.

Both of them are still available and The Birds sold out fairly quickly (less than 10 minutes it looks like from my text time stamps). Could see it being like a weeks long thing. Who knows, maybe people will snap em up after the premiere tonight.

IronRinn

I posted this on their FB yesterday:

The Birds is lovely and will go fast. At least one, maybe both, of The Strain will be available for a very long time.

Both of them are still available and The Birds sold out fairly quickly (less than 10 minutes it looks like from my text time stamps). Could see it being like a weeks long thing. Who knows, maybe people will snap em up after the premiere tonight.

Unnecessary correction: The Strain premiere is Sunday.

Does anyone have a good guide for framing? I have a few prints now, after a birthday gift and was hoping to do it myself as it's expensive enough without involving a framing service. I'm also UK based, if that changes anything.

Omie

Holy shit, just received a shipping notification for the Gravity soundtrack.

Got mine earlier this morning too! Super jazzed about it. Also picked up Kuk 3 and Umphrey's McGee from the Stout drop.

Hoping to make it out to the Scott C show tonight too.

Today is a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom