• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Mockingbird sent over a progress sketch that the artist made:
j5Jh1Wi.png

Looking good and it appears to be on schedule!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Arrived today. Looks nice (I've since taken the shrink-wrap off) and I'll probably frame it. Shame I don't have a record player though.

Mine should be here soon. I also have the Drive vinyl. How do you frame it? Do you take the record out and frame both, or what? My Drive OST is just sitting on a shelf.

Mine should be here soon. I also have the Drive vinyl. How do you frame it? Do you take the record out and frame both, or what? My Drive OST is just sitting on a shelf.

You can buy frames to display vinyl records so I'll probably just go with a frame like that really.

Maybe one day I'll get a player so that I can listen to it.

Is there anything like that for DVD's? I've got some signed ones I'd like to display, but no idea how.

If you are looking to frame just the slip cover then you could probably get a larger frame and then size it down with a mat. That would be cheaper than custom framing though that is an option if you want to pay a premium.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
If anyone was interested in those Eng Night of the Living Deads, they're "on sale" now. By which I mean, their site is dead and they'll probably resort to email orders.

They need to invest in servers or something.

Sigma722

Hope we'll see more vidja game posters in general from Mondo, that one is lovely!

Probably just a matter of when the money is right.

They've said before that they aren't really into video games, so "something" changed.

Edit: Doesn't hurt that James is in the mix though. Good work dude.

Sushigod7

Hey everyone a guy in another group I'm in is trying to get a commission going with Steve Thomas who recently did this

ioOKFZtYibqNH.jpg

He was hoping to get a Fallout print in the same vein something like this

ibqeab5QuOnmHU.jpg

Would be a 5 color screenprint 12x24 possible variant Quantum Variant if enough were interested cost would be around $25 to 30 and variant would be an additional $12. Let me know if interested he is trying to get up to 40 but its doable at 30 which would be around the $30 mark for everyone.

fallengorn

i'll be at SDCC with playable Sunset Overdrive the whole show. Wooo!

You wouldn't mind being a PB and buying five pieces of vinyl would you?

zDr8H.gif

Actually, slightly bummed they're all just variants and they all just have the main theme. Thought they would all have the main themes for their respective villains.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

zDr8H.gif

Actually, slightly bummed they're all just variants and they all just have the main theme. Thought they would all have the main themes for their respective villains.

collect mondo vinyl myself, I'm afraid! Esp Whalen stuff!

zDr8H.gif

wait it's just same theme? #BIBLETHUMP Mr. Freeze had the saddest theme in the series.

I would pay many many dollars for Bruce Tim illustrated Batman the Animated Series Poster

fallengorn

wait it's just same theme? #BIBLETHUMP Mr. Freeze had the saddest theme in the series.

I would pay many many dollars for Bruce Tim illustrated Batman the Animated Series Poster

I would say Clayface's theme is sadder. Especially at the end of Mudslide, when he dies. I was taken aback at how damn emotional the scene was rewatching it as an adult.

Natlebug

Neo Member
If anyone is going to SDCC, would you be willing to PB Mike Mitchell's Just Like Us Hound print? I love it, but am unable to attend SDCC.

tumblr_n8vasmVOZX1qg8i80o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n8vasmVOZX1qg8i80o2_500.png

Meier

I love the colors and the style of the Boyhood print but don't really care for the art. It's quite interesting looking though -- nice to see a new artist brought into the fold as well.

I love the colors and the style of the Boyhood print but don't really care for the art. It's quite interesting looking though -- nice to see a new artist brought into the fold as well.

Well Hanuka is hardly new to Mondo:

warriorstomercopy_thumb.JPG
fatherblog_thumb.JPG
mirrormirrorblog_thumb.JPG

ravenblog_thumb.PNG
300archive_thumb.JPG
melancholiabluearchive_thumb.JPG
ironfiststomerarchive_thumb.JPG
tomerhanukapsychoarchive_thumb.JPG
hanukafirstblood2archive_thumb.JPG

But yeah I don't think I need a poster dominated by that face. Also I'm still baffled by Mondo dropping posters on the day that a movie is released (nationally). I'd probably be more inclined to purchase had I actually seen the film!

Meier

Well Hanuka is hardly new to Mondo:

<snip>

But yeah I don't think I need a poster dominated by that face. Also I'm still baffled by Mondo dropping posters on the day that a movie is released (nationally). I'd probably be more inclined to purchase had I actually seen the film!

Oops! I didn't recognize his work and his wiki entry doesn't mention Mondo so I figured he must be new. I do remember that Melancholia and the Psycho ones in particular -- looks like most of the others must have been earlier than I started collecting.

They do have a bit of a history of releasing small films' prints on the day of release (or during their limited run) which is a little strange. I've definitely thought the same thing before.. I wouldn't buy a print for a property unless I knew I liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom