• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god it's the dragons. The GF would have killed me if they didn't do a dragon banner when I get em.

Wonder if the 7th/8th bonus ones will be same style banners.. if so it would leave Martell and who else?

There are LOTS of houses, but Martell, Tyrell, Arryn, and Tully are the major ones since they are warden houses -- the liege lords over the other houses in the area.

Oh my god. Just got Stout avengers in and DAMN. The pictures and jpegs NEVER do his stuff justice. I was blown away by how stunning it was in person. DAMN!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh cool. Anthony petrie just refunded me twenty dollars for shipping. Well that's just swell.

nateeasy

Banned
Here is my small collection. Still working on getting frames for all of them. Does anyone know an online store with custom affordable frames? Sorry about the shitty cell phone pics.

I got these two in today from splitreason.com. Art print by Glen Brogan. Not individually numbered or sign.

d44a222ff484-xl.jpg

760667248d5d-xl.jpg

This is from Voodoocatbox.com 118/200 Willie Nelson signed by Gary Houston

imag0052g.jpg

Next three are from bakerprints.com designed by Kyle Baker

114/118 Great American Taxi. This one actually showed up for free. Not sure if it was a mistake or just a gift from bakerprints.

imag0048h.jpg

39/86 Todd Snider & Great American Taxi

imag0049md.jpg

31/136 Zac Brown Band

imag0050xl.jpg

I would love to add a great Disney/Goofy one soon. Please post in this thread if you see any going on sale.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Here is my small collection. Still working on getting frames for all of them. Does anyone know an online store with custom affordable frames? Sorry about the shitty cell phone pics.

I got these two in today from splitreason.com. Art print by Glen Brogan. Not individually numbered or sign.

I would love to add a great Disney/Goofy one soon. Please post in this thread if you see any going on sale.

Your best bet from custom framing in the US is americanframe.com. All of the times I've used them they've been great.

Nice collection by the way. Not too huge on concert posters myself, but the Willie Nelson one is really nice.

How To Hook Up Your Home Theater

WDGFP01XL.jpg

"How To Hook Up Your Home Theater"
Goofy made a welcome return to the big screen in 2007 with the hilarious animated short How to Hook Up Your Home Theater. The film premiered in front of the Disney movie National Treasure: Book of Secrets, and features Goofy purchasing a home theater system and attempting to hook up the maze of wiring and attachments himself, with predictable results. This individually numbered, limited edition giclée is personally signed by the film's directors Kevin Deters and Stevie Wermers-Skelton.

Limited Edition Giclee on Paper
Printed on acid-free archival paper
295 piece hand-numbered edition
Comes with Certificate of Authenticity
Available framed
Measurements: 13 inches by 19 inches

How to buy online: http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/product/WDGFP01/How-To-Hook-Up....html?cid=

6/25/2012:

That's a Big Twinkie by N.E./Newflesh

IMG.php

18x24 screen print. Hand signed/numbered edition of 84. Featured glow in the dark red inks. Created for the Ghostbusters screening at the Kentucky Theatre on June 20, 2012. $25.

How to buy online: http://www.newfleshprints.com/ @ a random time.

kaskade

Man the avenger's poster's details look amazing. I'm definitely getting the drive vinyl whenever they decide to release it. Any chance that there will be a drive poster along with it?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Rhys Cooper's Rise and Fall of Jesse Pinkman came in. Looks much better in person, as I hoped. I'm definitely keeping this one. I got my Stout Avengers too, but didn't have a chance to open it up before heading back to work.

Good day!

Meier

Anyone interested in trading a Squirtle for a Bulbasaur? Got a great deal on a Charmander via eBay.. feeling like I'd rather have a Bulbasaur instead to compliment him.

Odd thing but I got a super cheap Davis Evil Dead 2 print in my office that had some damage on corner but it framed out. So I put it in a cheap simple poster frame up high on the ceiling corner and the frame after about a week became warped. I didn't think much of it but I had an extra frame in a closet that was flat, put it up and now after a few days, this one is doing the same thing. I usually get good quality frames for my stuff but never had this happen either with this brand of frame nor any other poster in the same type in the house. Any ideas whats going on? Thinking it has to do with where I'm putting it perhaps.... but don't know what it would be.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone interested in a Whalen Toy Story print? I just moved and would love to hold onto it, but I could use the cash (moving into and furnishing a new place is expensive!)

Mine just shipped.

I'll eventually try ebay and expressobeans, but I wanted to give GAF first dibs.

omgkitty

Anyone interested in a Whalen Toy Story print? I just moved and would love to hold onto it, but I could use the cash (moving into and furnishing a new place is expensive!)

Mine just shipped.

I'll eventually try ebay and expressobeans, but I wanted to give GAF first dibs.

How much you want for it? I'm trying to get a Whalen AP, but when I emailed him he said he had a lot of people asking so he'd get back to me.

Mine just shipped.

How much are you looking for?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
http://www.movies.com/movie-news/mondo-struzan-the-thing/8439

6/22/2012

The Thing Screenprint Edition by Drew Struzan

http://images.fandango.com/MDCsite/images/featured/201206/thing-struzan-screenprint.jpg[/IG]

[B]26" x 38" [/B]

[B]Regular - Edition of 440 @ $250[/B]

Variant (glows in the dark) - Edition of 150 @ $350

How to buy: Tickets already sold out for the screening at the alamo but online sales to be announced later.[/QUOTE]

Must. Scrounge. Money.

Sigma722

Actually I looked it up and according to their site they are. http://blog.mondotees.com/2012/03/05/we-are-releasing-the-drive-soundtrack-on-vinyl/

I better be on my game whenever it comes out.

Not sure if that plan will change with them getting the distributor or not..

I wonder if they'd consider doing a random poster with Drive order..

If they drop the poster at the same time as the LP... man, that will get crazy.

I bet the LP comes out this week or next though. Or at least I hope so!

rikichi

FUCK! Theres no way in hell I'll be able to get that print if and when it releases online :(

I bet the LP comes out this week or next though. Or at least I hope so!

It ain't coming out this week or this month... I think they said its been delayed which sucks azz but I'm with you, can't wait for this to be released.

Sigma722

FUCK! Theres no way in hell I'll be able to get that print if and when it releases online :(

It ain't coming out this week or this month... I think they said its been delayed which sucks azz but I'm with you, can't wait for this to be released.

Yeah, but they delayed both Drive and The Beyond because both were supposedly being picked up by a distributor.. But The Beyond dropped last week, so it sounds like they have all of that sorted out.

Meh, I dunno.

kaskade

Does Mondo do a new set of posters every week or do they skip sometimes? I think I'm going on a rafting trip tomorrow but if the Drive stuff comes out I'm going to skip out.

Does Mondo do a new set of posters every week or do they skip sometimes? I think I'm going on a rafting trip tomorrow but if the Drive stuff comes out I'm going to skip out.

Usually every week. You'll know by the end of the day whether there will be a poster release tomorrow. I kind of doubt Drive will be for sale this week, but I'm just guessing.

Meier

Yeah, I bought a ticket to Rashomon to buy a print and then realized it wasn't necessary. I guess they're making it a priority system here though it sounds like.

No way I can afford that. I'll be curious to see what the second hand market will be on those posters.. that's a shitload of money and definitely will discourage flippers..

I have a ticket to the screening, t's just hard for me to justify $250 for a poster that is essentially a "re-do" of the original poster/cover art. I'm honestly disappointed it isn't more unique.

It's beautiful, for what it is...but I can't pull the trigger.

Yeah, I bought a ticket to Rashomon to buy a print and then realized it wasn't necessary. I guess they're making it a priority system here though it sounds like.

No way I can afford that. I'll be curious to see what the second hand market will be on those posters.. that's a shitload of money and definitely will discourage flippers..

When the price is equal to what flippers are going to try and sell it for, it kinda defeats the purpose. Unless your lucky to live in the area to get tickets for priority and going to an event, it really doesn't solve the flipper issue.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
When the price is equal to what flippers are going to try and sell it for, it kinda defeats the purpose. Unless your lucky to live in the area to get tickets for priority and going to an event, it really doesn't solve the flipper issue.

It's a signed Struzan piece with a somewhat low run. That thing is going to flip for much, much higher than $250, or $350.

I have a ticket to the screening, t's just hard for me to justify $250 for a poster that is essentially a "re-do" of the original poster/cover art. I'm honestly disappointed it isn't more unique.

It's beautiful, for what it is...but I can't pull the trigger.

Sorry to hear that but is there any chance you would want to PB for me. THe reg and the variant are a must for me I would be happy to return the favor. I'lll also throw in some extra cash for the help. Let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom