• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent a pm anyways with the details.

Thanks again for your help and like I said in the PM, hopefully I get a reply.

It's funny, I always liked Hawkeye from the comics and loved him in EMH but for some weird reason, he turned into my favorite character from the movie - despite having very little screen time.

Edit: Been in contact with the Hawkeye artist and I've managed to secure a print. Thanks again for all of your help!

Tyler Stout said:
06.22.12 - - - -
lotto is closed (actually it closed 20 minutes ago), sarah is picking names, verifying addresses etc. should be sending out emails by 1PM today. thanks to all that entered, i wish i had more posters to sell.

How the lotto works:

FRIDAY, MAY 27, 2011

Poster Sale Info
so, a bit of the 'behind the scenes' of this poster sale, how it works.

if you entered you had about a 1 in 10 chance of getting picked. the way we pick is....out of each 100 submissions we pick x amount. people picked are from all over the world, places like japan etc, so we have to give them some time to either pay or decide not to. if they do decide not to, then we'll send out a few more emails. i'll announce it on my site.

on the rare occassion where we pick a winner and they don't see it in time, if they email us within a reasonable amount of time afterwards, we'll try to work with them. so don't worry about missing an email. the email we send the notification to is your submission email.

we go through the emails and look for duplicate names and duplicate addresses, but there's nothing to stop someone from having their sister or boss or whoever entering as well. i will say truthfully though that no one location gets a lot of people picked, they're spread out all over the world, that's just the way it ends up.

its certainly a lot more work than a random sale but it also seems to spread the posters out more. which is why we do it, to be as fair as possible. the extra work is just a bonus!

as always, i appreciate any interest in my posters and try to be as fair as possible, and the overall feedback i get it pretty positive. if you have negative feedback send it to sarah.

thanks again, and Keep Watching The Skies!

lush

1/10 chance eh? On 1100 prints. Damn.

Hopefully the emails go out soon.

edit: Nevermind, those numbers were for the Kill Bill poster lotto. Odds should be decent then I hope.

omgkitty

1/10 chance eh? On 1100 prints. Damn.

Hopefully the emails go out soon.

edit: Nevermind, those numbers were for the Kill Bill poster lotto. Odds should be decent then I hope.

I can almost guarantee you that our odds are worse than that for this one.

agzaker

Neo Member
Nothing...0/4 for me on stout lotto's! I feel like an online drop would give me a 25-50% chance. Lotto's decrease that to 3-5%!!

I got one. My first lotto. And I got one. I'm at Disneyland so I didn't get to check right away and the Variant is already sold out, but I got one. Dont hate me guys.

I got one. My first lotto. And I got one. I'm at Disneyland so I didn't get to check right away and the Variant is already sold out, but I got one. Dont hate me guys.

More like congrats is in order dude. :)

Sucks about the variant, but I was toying with the idea of picking up the original version if I had one. It's the pops of color that draw me in, especially since it was the fastest way of finding Son of Coul in the poster.

I know right? I got that other Avengers poster too. This is amazing.

Wasn't there something happening posters-wise in Disneyland? Or was that DisneyWorld?

Yes. You can go to wonderground gallery in downtown disney. They have exclusive open and limited editions of some prints, including these two below:

mickeySMALL.jpg

MonstersInc3Small.jpg

ScottReifsnyder_HereKittyKitty.jpg

Info here: http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_wondergroundgallery.html

No Avengers but did win Auction for a print I've been wanting for a long time:

7422644344_e349bc0b16_z.jpg

Price got ridiculous but the guy who beat me retracted his/her bid and I got it for a decent price. Love James' stuff

Ooooh... going to put my Annual Passport to good use while there. Those look fantastic.

Yeah, but the pricing is in line with Disney stuff. Limited edition giclee on canvas is $175 for Mickey and $275 for Monsters Inc. Open editions are all $39,99. Annual passport holders get 10% or 20% off depending on which passport they hold.

Yeah, but the pricing is in line with Disney stuff. Limited edition giclee on canvas is $175 for Mickey and $275 for Monsters Inc. Open editions are all $39,99. Annual passport holders get 10% or 20% off depending on which passport they hold.

I have the premium so 20% for me. Not too sure if I'll see something I like, but I never know until I'm there. :)

They had some matted prints available and a BEAUTIFUL B&W J Scott Campbell print of The Incredibles that was $350. A little too much considering my other poster purchase today!!

They had some matted prints available and a BEAUTIFUL B&W J Scott Campbell print of The Incredibles that was $350. A little too much considering my other poster purchase today!!

So did you end up buying anything?

There is also another gallery that sells Shag Disney stuff, but I'm not sure where it is...

Wow. Ur the man just for trying. IM so happy i don't know what else to say :)

Bad news, guys :( My friends who went to the screening said they were sold out. Apparently people have been waiting just about all day for them. So sorry, man, I gave my roommate/friends $750 to try and get as many as they could.

I'll be happy to help anyone out, if I can, to get some of these Austin posters, though. The Thing was just in super high demand.

To be determined:

You're Already Accepted! by Dave Perillo ( http://montygog.blogspot.com/ )

greendaleSMALL.jpg

Signed/Numbered, Giclee.

Details: Hey, Dave Perillo did this piece for tomorrow's Community art show in L.A. but was not timely enough to get it sent in and printed for the show.

However, if there is enough interest, Dave can do a small run of giclee prints.

If you're interested in purchasing the print, please reply here and I'll gather up the names and send 'em on over to Dave. Names will be gathered on both here and Expressobeans. Thanks!

6/25/2012:

Ampule Chamber by David Levy

PRM01P.jpg

Prometheus Concept Art by concept artist David Levy
Giclee print on watercolour paper
13″ x 19″ (paper size)
79 piece edition
$89.00
limit 1 per customer

How to buy online + in-person REQUIRED :

http://darkinkart.com/category/comic-con-2012-exclusives/

This piece is for Comic-Con ATTENDEE pre-order for pickup only beginning Monday June 25th and ending Wednesday July 4th. Orders must be picked up at our booth (#5629) at the San Diego Comic-Con. Orders not picked up will be refunded and will not be shipped. Please bring your receipt to the booth when picking up. If you wish to have a friend pick up for you, that is not a problem, just make sure your friend has your receipt. Non-Attendee pre-orders will begin on Wednesday July 11th.

The Return of Master Chief by Gabriel Garza

HLOGP11_outline.jpg

Halo 4 concept art by Gabriel Garza
Giclee print on watercolour paper
13″ x 19″ (paper size)
50 piece edition
$89.00
limit 1 per customer

How to buy online + in-person REQUIRED :

http://darkinkart.com/category/comic-con-2012-exclusives/

This piece is for Comic-Con ATTENDEE pre-order for pickup only beginning Monday June 25th and ending Wednesday July 4th. Orders must be picked up at our booth (#5629) at the San Diego Comic-Con. Orders not picked up will be refunded and will not be shipped. Please bring your receipt to the booth when picking up. If you wish to have a friend pick up for you, that is not a problem, just make sure your friend has your receipt. Non-Attendee pre-orders will begin on Wednesday July 11th.

+ There will be a Disney Pixar Brave piece for sale at the con as well!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
To be determined:

You're Already Accepted! by Dave Perillo ( http://montygog.blogspot.com/ )

greendaleSMALL.jpg

Signed/Numbered, Giclee.

Details: Hey, Dave Perillo did this piece for tomorrow's Community art show in L.A. but was not timely enough to get it sent in and printed for the show.

However, if there is enough interest, Dave can do a small run of giclee prints.

If you're interested in purchasing the print, please reply here and I'll gather up the names and send 'em on over to Dave. Names will be gathered on both here and Expressobeans. Thanks!
I definitely want the community one!

TommyT

Was pretty crazy to see the wait/line for "The Thing" posters downtown in Austin Friday. We happened to eat at the iron cactus when I saw the huge line for Alamo Drafthouse to get the posters.

Anyone from here out there?

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone interested in a Whalen Toy Story print? I just moved and would love to hold onto it, but I could use the cash (moving into and furnishing a new place is expensive!)

Mine just shipped.

I'll eventually try ebay and expressobeans, but I wanted to give GAF first dibs.

Posting this once more to see if there's any more interest, otherwise I'm headed to EB or ebay.

omgkitty

Did anyone here go to the A Distant Winter show on Saturday? I really want a set of the handbills from the show. Some guy on EB said he would give them to me for free because he wasn't trying to profit off of them, but he's trying to screw me over saying someone else also sent him a message after me and offered more money. Just thought I'd check on here to see if anyone else went and had an extra set.

Pre-order new officially licensed Drive and Insidious posters here via kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17501467/drive-and-insidious-movie-posters-by-dzxtinkt-orig

Hmm... I'm not sure if I really like the Variant more than the regular 'Drive' print, but being that there's only 50 available, I may as well pick that one.

EDIT: God dammit. I debated with myself and now (of course) I went with the option for both 'Drive' posters. I'll see which one I like more and maybe sell the other. Or I'll be a total weirdo and have 2 'Drive' posters...

UP NOW:

"CALL THE BANNERS" - Regular edition - 3 prints - PRE-ORDER WAVE TWO by Rhys Cooper

GAME-OF-THRONES-BANNERS-DISPLAY-WAVE-TWO-STORE.jpg

*AVAILABLE 26TH JUNE for a limited time release*

"Call the Banners" series. - WAVE TWO
This is for the second lot of 3 of the regular edition banners in the series.
What is dead may never die!.

Each banner print is
12 x 38 inches
heavy art paper stock
4 cols with metallics
All prints signed with matching edition numbers

Edition size will be partly determined by pre-order demand.
Please note that this is a PRE-ORDER and therefore have not been produced yet, they will be soon but it may take a few weeks to arrive so I thank you for your patience.
Orders will be sent out after Wave Two has been produced. If you purchased Wave One as well I'll do my best to match the numbers and refund the difference in the shipping.

Please not that if you already purchased either of the Banners subscriptions you will be getting these three and will not have to reorder.

You can not combine orders on this so please keep it separate from other orders otherwise it will be refunded.

$90 + shipping from australia

How to buy online: http://studioseppuku.bigcartel.com/...s-regular-edition-3-prints-pre-order-wave-two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom