• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
10/10/2014:

Greetings from Arendelle by Dave Perillo

wdint795ss.jpg

Officially licensed 18"x24" screenprint. Run of 500. $50

How to buy online: http://www.darkinkart.com/

10/9/2014:

Ghost in the Shell by Martin Ansin

4459003ec8ce7ac33745aea5_533x800.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Spider-Man Vs Doctor Octopus by Mike Sutfin

00f5ac060cbc006b19d6be6a_533x344.jpg

Poster by Mike Sutfin. 36"x23.25" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Iron Giant by DKNG

4058426f250302b3147ac973_533x711.jpg

Poster by DKNG. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 260. Printed by DKNG. $40

Carnage by Randy Ortiz

221f76acae570f5378cd928c_533x355.jpg

Poster by Randy Ortiz. 36"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Riptwo

I've been on an unlucky streak with the last few Mondo releases that I liked after a long run of successes. Let's hope I can break it tomorrow. If anyone winds up with a GitS tomorrow and doesn't want it for some reason, give me a shout!

Zozobra

So I see that someone already has two of the GitS regs up for sale on eBay. I guess it's possible this person somehow got them already in advance, but otherwise it got me thinking that surely people have devised scripts for their browsers to auto-buy these posters when they drop.

That's probably not a guaranteed print by any means, but it just seems unfair to us F5'ers who already have the odds stacked against us. I remember reading somewhere Justin saying their current system was they best option, but why wouldn't they implement some sort of a lotto system like how Stout does with his drops? Like have a 10-minute window where people can submit orders and then randomly fill 325 of those orders, while maintaining the 1-per-household rule?

#postershowerthoughts

Sigma722

So I see that someone already has two of the GitS regs up for sale on eBay. I guess it's possible this person somehow got them already in advance, but otherwise it got me thinking that surely people have devised scripts for their browsers to auto-buy these posters when they drop.

That's probably not a guaranteed print by any means, but it just seems unfair to us F5'ers who already have the odds stacked against us. I remember reading somewhere Justin saying their current system was they best option, but why wouldn't they implement some sort of a lotto system like how Stout does with his drops? Like have a 10-minute window where people can submit orders and then randomly fill 325 of those orders, while maintaining the 1-per-household rule?

#postershowerthoughts

It's been gone over and over. Their system is not the best, but as long as things are selling out they don't care. It's, in Justin and co.'s opinion, the best system for handling the load.

There was an article saying that they were going to be using a new system this fall, but I'm starting to think that was just someone misquoting, and being confused.

ZetaEpyon

Of course the GitS regular would go up on a day when I'm going to be away from any connection for the bulk of the day. Not that I'd have been able to get one anyway, with Mondo's system.

IronRinn

I had a feeling they were going to be jerks and put the GitS up last. Managed to grab one, but I was white-knuckling it there waiting for checkout to complete.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to snag one!

This is the first time I've bought a print before seeing the actual subject matter. It's just too beautiful to pass up! I should probably watch the movie and/or series now, though.

I think the foil is pretty slick and all in the variant, but I'm not sure if I'd like it framed on a wall (I'd be worried it would look too gimmicky/cheap), so I'm happy this one is printed on normal paper.

Got scared for a sec when calculating shipping, the JS was acting odd and I wasn't seeing the normal calculation overlay prompt, but it wouldn't let me click on the button again, so I refreshed the page and tried again, watching the Chrome network dev tool tab to make sure. Even the receipt generation seems buggy and took a while for mine.

If anyone at Fancy Poster GAF ever wants to buy a game, I can get 20% off at best buy since I have the Gamer's Club Unlocked. I can order and have it shipped to you or you can do local pick up =) Only thing is, you won't be getting the rewards points.

boraaa

Neo Member
If anyone at Fancy Poster GAF ever wants to buy a game, I can get 20% off at best buy since I have the Gamer's Club Unlocked. I can order and have it shipped to you or you can do local pick up =) Only thing is, you won't be getting the rewards points.

Sweet deal man :D

Fuck, I missed the GitS. I was calculating shipping too.

Aye. I think one of the shipping calculation servers was hosed today. Spent over 1 minute calculating shipping and then got redirected to sold out. Wtf. They gotta fix their crap. Most drops shipping takes a handful of seconds to calculate.

Also remember Mondo likes not satisfying everyone. They don't make good art for people to enjoy. They make good art for a handful of people to enjoy. Wish they would go back to unlicensed prints so they wouldn't have a valid excuse for it.

Also how's the Eng commission? Excited about it still.

IronRinn

Been bugging me all morning: Now I want an Ansin print for Perfect Blue.

Really, I just want a good print for Perfect Blue.

That is all.

ambientSpecies

Neo Member
Been bugging me all morning: Now I want an Ansin print for Perfect Blue.

Really, I just want a good print for Perfect Blue.

That is all.

Yeah, I'd love a good Perfect Blue print too. I want that Ansin GitS print but I already bought the Eng one a couple months ago and I'd feel weird with two posters of the same material.

boraaa

Neo Member
any of you guys planning to hit up comikaze? personally waiting for tickets to go on sale for pax prime, wondercon.. probably going to volunteer for comic con again.

after mondocon, realize that i'd rather meet artists, rather than spend time in multiple panels or movie promotions

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm fucking floored by that piece. Good call on ICO + Eng, fellas.

Ico looks good. Not sure which to pick, or both. What is the timeline for choosing/payment?

Payment won't be for a while, but I need to know within 48 hours regarding whether or not we'll proceed with the variant. So please let me know asap on reg, var, or both. If the number of variant potential buys exceed 50 it will proceed and Kilian's part of this will be completed.

Bii

Damn, I kind of want both.

I think I like the variant more...then again, I'm looking at the pics from my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom