• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get one of the Minimal versions of the DD piece. Can't wait to see this thing in person.

I grabbed a minimal variant of the "Definitely not a Fantasia Print" and it's so damn cool.

Here's an enormous picture:

j2x9ZnZ.jpg

Sushigod7

Wish I would have picked up the Danger Fantasia print looked amazing but was worried about spending and didn't =( Looks great.

On a separate note got my Zelda Yan thought it needed some color =)

edit: and some gold leaf lol

teeg

Wish I would have picked up the Danger Fantasia print looked amazing but was worried about spending and didn't =( Looks great.

Wow that looks Awesome!
What did you use to color it in? Markers? Paint?
Thinking I'll do something similar with mine.

Sushigod7

Thanks guys! Yeah Prismacolor markers and metallic acrylic paint for belt buckle and sword. Gold leaf on the triforce and corners too. Was pretty fun to play around with.

If you guys want I can give you the color codes for the markers. I had a few of them already but did buy some.

Natlebug

Neo Member

If that's how they originally came I would have bought that. Amazing work, I especially like the gold leaf.

Trasher

Can I mail mine to you and get the same treatment? lol

Natlebug

Neo Member

Such a beautiful print. I have mine at the framers currently, I should have it back next week. I did a 3" black mat with a 3/8" teal mat under that and a matte black frame. I really hope it turns out as well as I hope it will. It's one of the first pieces in a while I've been extremely excited about framing.

omgkitty

I like the attempt to use appropriate weights that started with Ghost in the Shell and ended with Looney Tunes.

Looks rad though, really.

Haha yeah I made sure to get that in there, but the Looney Tunes I had sitting out, plus Korra which I'm currently watching
Ugh season 2 sucks.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I've got to get my ass to the framer, high-priority stuff (like the GitS) are just sitting around. But then I have NYCC to worry about next week. :\

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know of a good place to have framing done in Chicago?

Where is the Venn diagram of Joshua Budich fans, anime fans, and SF residents?

Joshua Budich solo show at Spoke Art gallery in San Francisco.
Exclusively Akira, My Neighbor Totoro, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke and Cowboy Bebop.

Otaku Obscura debuts Saturday, October 4th from 6PM – 10PM, the artist will be in attendance. The exhibit will be on view through October 24th. Online sales will begin Monday, October 6th via our online store.

http://www.spoke-art.com/2014/09/27/joshua-budich-otaku-obscura/

Chrome Yellow Preview

I can tell this is going to end up being an expensive month.

Trasher

Anyone go to the BNG show tonight? Looked like it was awesome. I'll hopefully be snagging stuff from the online sale tomorrow.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
It went fast and I heard it was busy last night probably only a few of them left. My favorite in the show period followed by the Usagi OG.

Show was packed the fuck out--it was really great. The Usagi was dope, as was the James Jean piece.

Risible

FancyPosterGAF I am in near tears, visiting home to find out what happened to my Jock print.

I have no idea how this stain happened considering it was in its frame.

http://i.imgur.com/Bg7mMSG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d29KgZ9.jpg

:'(

I have no plans to ever sell this but this is truly heartbreaking.

I don't ever recall that stain and my older pics never showed such a thing.

;_;

That can be easily fixed. Go to expressobeans.com and look up some of the various restorers, they do great work and something that small would be very reasonable I'm sure.

lupinko

That can be easily fixed. Go to expressobeans.com and look up some of the various restorers, they do great work and something that small would be very reasonable I'm sure.

Oh really? Shows that I'm still a FancyPosterGAFfer in training,

Thanks! I'll look into it. :)

The Martin Ansin GITS poster is so dope, but the hipster in me would rather Budich's effort on my wall. It has that Lichtenstein-esque pop-art vibe, and also kinda hits the existential theme of GITS on the whole with Motoko's little quote. Love it.

That Princess Mononoke is gorgeous too. Never knew Joshua Budich could switch up his style like this, though I'm a casual when it comes to prints/posters, lol.

IronRinn

Daniel Danger drop today was a mess, but I managed to get one. I never realized how stressful purchasing an Expresso Beans Dot Com Art of the Week award winning print could be.

ohkay

Daniel Danger drop today was a mess, but I managed to get one. I never realized how stressful purchasing an Expresso Beans Dot Com Art of the Week award winning print could be.
I'm glad I got a PB for it at Mondocon after reading how bad the drop was. It's definitely my favorite print of this year (but I'm still waiting on an Ansin GITS so this may change)

LaneDS

The Martin Ansin GITS poster is so dope, but the hipster in me would rather Budich's effort on my wall. It has that Lichtenstein-esque pop-art vibe, and also kinda hits the existential theme of GITS on the whole with Motoko's little quote. Love it.

That Princess Mononoke is gorgeous too. Never knew Joshua Budich could switch up his style like this, though I'm a casual when it comes to prints/posters, lol.

As dumb a reason as it may be, the reason I won't seek out the Ansin GitS is the exposed lady bits in it. I'd just feel strange framing and hanging that one, but I do think it looks absolutely stellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom