• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

I prefer the colours of the variant overall, but as mentioned the regular does fit the game more and the title feels invisible in the variant.

With that in mind, I'll just go for the Reg.

Ok. At this point I believe we'll be proceeding to print the REG only. I've asked for some minor tweaks/adjustments based on the feedback here. Will send the final image when it's done.

Duuke

I'm actually in love with the Variant. It's less noisy and simplifies the artwork a lot. If the variant experimented with the texture and matte/gloss, with maybe a metallic ink or gloss applied to some of the blues, it'd look amazing. I'd take that over the reg. But if there's no demand for it I'm happy with the regular.

Both for me, but it seems it doesn't matter anymore. No love for the variant. :-(

It depends on whether or not it's just a color change fee or if they have to do an entirely new separation on the piece. I will inquire. Still waiting on eclipse for the quote -- I imagine they're especially busy at the moment due to Shag's upcoming solo show in November.

DemiMatt

Question, I have a bunch of the Olly Moss 5x5 prints and I was wondering what frame options people have used? I think I want black but I'm open to other colors, any suggestions are welcomed, thank you!

Lombax

Banned
Evening all,

I figured this was as good a place as any to post this, but I am selling a bunch of pieces from my comic art collection. If this is an inappropriate post please let me know and I will take it down (also I am willing to ship these to members of GAF).

The list:
Original Comic Book Art - Ninja Turtles - Kevin Eastman

Original Comic Book Art - Ninja Turtles - Jim Lawson

Original Comic Book Art - Batman

Daredevil - John Romita Jr. Signed print set

Alex Ross print signed - Norman Rockwell

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animation Cell - Signed by Eastman /Laird

PM me is interested.

Glassboy

It depends on whether or not it's just a color change fee or if they have to do an entirely new separation on the piece. I will inquire. Still waiting on eclipse for the quote -- I imagine they're especially busy at the moment due to Shag's upcoming solo show in November.

If the variant is just the line art for the print that might be dope

Clipjoint

Question, I have a bunch of the Olly Moss 5x5 prints and I was wondering what frame options people have used? I think I want black but I'm open to other colors, any suggestions are welcomed, thank you!

Depends on which ones. I've found some 5x5 frames at both Michaels and Aaron Bros. that have been perfect for the Moss prints.

chibiboy

Neo Member
Sorry for the late reply, but the regular looks fantastic so far! I love the colors and think it's better than the variant. I just don't feel the sense of space with the variant - I think it's the lack of color which gives it much more depth.

I sent a new Ico revision out as well as a new variant proposal. If you didn't get it, please pm me. Please respond here or by email within 24 hours.

Thanks!

LaneDS

Replied to the e-mail, but posting here too.

Vastly prefer this updated title treatment. I didn't like how the first one was colored and textured the same as some other parts of the piece, and I feel this new one does a much better job with what it's trying to do.

Excited that Yorda may get some additional changes too. Thanks Mockingbird!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The new treatment looks great--definitely prefer it to the first one shown.

LaneDS

I know the e-mail says it, but I just noticed how much better Ico himself looks in the second one and hope Yorda gets a similar level of improvement.

Side by side, new one is much improved. Really excited to have this one hanging up in the future!

IronRinn

Replied to the e-mail, but posting here too.

Vastly prefer this updated title treatment. I didn't like how the first one was colored and textured the same as some other parts of the piece, and I feel this new one does a much better job with what it's trying to do.

Excited that Yorda may get some additional changes too. Thanks Mockingbird!

Not sure I quite get this, as the new title is colored and textured like even more parts of the piece!

That said, I like the new title treatment as well, and it's good to see the windmill and Ico/Yorda sizing fixed. Looking forward to seeing Yorda refined a bit more.

Still only a regular for me.

LaneDS

Not sure I quite get this, as the new title is colored and textured like even more parts of the piece!

That said, I like the new title treatment as well, and it's good to see the windmill and Ico/Yorda sizing fixed. Looking forward to seeing Yorda refined a bit more.

Still only a regular for me.

I went back and read what I wrote after posting and found it a bit confusing. I think the first title was trying to be a part of the background but did it in a way I found pretty bland, whereas I think this second treatment is going for the same thing but doing it in a much more interesting way. It's still subdued, but it's clever. Hopefully I explained it a bit better!

Looks even better now. The variant is much better in greyscale, but it feels like there should be color key somewhere to grab the attention (maybe the characters?).

Well, so far I'll stick with the regular one. Let's see if there are more adjustments coming.

Meier

I actually prefer the way the title was done before with it being more pronounced. I like the way he has the bushes, etc. growing on it in the new version but prefer the coloring from the previous one. Both options are fine. I would not specially buy one versus the other.

Jhriad

Wasn't sure what everyone was talking about so I checked my email. Definitely prefer the new title treatment. How much would the variant add cost wise? I'd like a regular and I'm really digging that variant but I'm curious how much it would be... Screw it, sign me up for one of those as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom