• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Maybe it's the post-con malaise, but I didn't notice the title for a good minute.

I'll need time to figure out which one I'd want. Hmm....

LaneDS

I like the regular more (fits the tone of that game better). Here are some nitpicky comments, but let me state that overall I think it's great... just drumming up discussion:

Not sure why Yorda's hair is brown instead of the gray/silver tone it was in the game. Both Yorda and Ico look a little off to me, but that part stood out most.

I also think the title blends into the background a little too well, and not in a good way. That happens on both the regular and the variant, and I think has something to do with the color used for it.

IronRinn

I like the regular more (fits the tone of that game better). Here are some nitpicky comments, but let me state that overall I think it's great... just drumming up discussion:

Not sure why Yorda's hair is brown instead of the gray/silver tone it was in the game. Both Yorda and Ico look a little off to me, but that part stood out most.

I also think the title blends into the background a little too well, and not in a good way. That happens on both the regular and the variant, and I think has something to do with the color used for it.

I actually like how well the title blends in. Agree about Ico and Yorda. Her hair should be gray (and shorter?) and I think the issue with Ico is that he should be shorter than Yorda, right?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

I actually like how well the title blends in.

Yeah, I agree with IronRinn, I think the way the title blends in is perfect, and I'd rather it this way than something that stands out. The ICO doesn't draw my attention to it, which is the way i'd want it to be, and fits into the architecture perfectly,

omgkitty

Seeing how Eng almost always goes for the original titles on his prints, I find it strange in this instance for him to create his own. I guess he thought the titles would be too small in that format which would look strange at the bottom of the print? Honestly like the art print idea with no titles.

Glassboy

Both. But I'd be interested to see I yordas hair could be fixed and also the length of the windmill blades. Not a deal breaker but both are noticeable. I like the variant with titles

Both. But I'd be interested to see I yordas hair could be fixed and also the length of the windmill blades. Not a deal breaker but both are noticeable. I like the variant with titles

Pretty sure this can be done.

To everyone else:

I really need the reply of:

Reg
Var
or both.

So please post here or email it asap.

LordCanti

Reg

I agree about Yorda and Ico BTW. Ico needs to be shorter and it would be nice if her hair was the right color. Other than those things it looks really good though. I like the variant, but the game takes place mostly in daylight so it doesn't really fit.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
The title on the variant doesn't work for my tastes, so it's an easy decision. Variant without the title might make me flip my decision, but since that option isn't on the table:

Regular

Edit: I also get the impression that the windmill blades are a stylistic choice. Getting Eng's thoughts on that would be helpful.

HTuran

Regular for me, looks great!

Seeing how Eng almost always goes for the original titles on his prints, I find it strange in this instance for him to create his own. I guess he thought the titles would be too small in that format which would look strange at the bottom of the print? Honestly like the art print idea with no titles.

Definitely agreed on this front. My ideal choice would actually be the regular without titles. It's so obviously ICO, and I feel having the title that large at the bottom detracts from the art.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I think that the ICO title blends really well into the regular. Not as much in the variant, which is why I'd rather that one have the title removed.

Hey all, if there's a better place to go for frame advice, let me know!

I've got my living room cleared out, and I'm looking to finally frame and hang the prints I have. I know absolutely nothing about framing, but I've built up the following shopping list on ezeframe.co.uk
0R4jEh4.png

Is there anything I'm missing, and is framing myself with these supplies something I can do with no prior experience? Am I better off trying to find a framer? I'm hesitant as I imagine it will jack up the price ALOT.

Also, feel free to criticise my frame mockups: https://imgur.com/a/COYPe

Regular for me!

I'll echo the sentiments about the windmill proportions and Ico/Yorda's proportions. Yorda is taller than Ico, but here they look around the same size even though she's closer to the foreground.

The hair seems darker compared to Yorda's screenshot hair color, but if that's the best color in the palette then I can shrug it off.

Glad the loveseat is in there and I felt the witch in the shadows was a great touch!

Glassboy

My plus one is also both reg and variant. Also, I didn't mention in my last post how much I like the print. Killian killed it and thank you mockingbird for putting this together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom