• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salamando

If it's not too much trouble could I see pics of them in the frames please?

sxb1PMk.jpg
This is what mine look like, in frame. Actual image area is something like 3.5" x 3.5". Frames are from Michaels.

I sent a new Ico revision out as well as a new variant proposal. If you didn't get it, please pm me. Please respond here or by email within 24 hours.

Thanks!
I definitely like the new treatment over the old. Variant's a bit more tempting, but money being limited means I have to stick with the Regular ed.

LordCanti

I like the new title on the reg but Ico still needs to shrink a smidge. Other than that it's looking really good.

Just the reg + new title for me please.

Glassboy

Reg and variant and new title for both me and my +1. New title is killer. And the rest of improvements are awesome. The only last nitpick I have is that I wish the mountains in the back extended out a little more. As it looks right now the sky looks like a planet with land mass and clouds. If the mountains extended a little I think it could take that effect away a little. It might just be me though. Again, love the improvements and keep up the good work!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I think I would've preferred it if the new title had the colors from the previous version. Either way they look nice.

I'm still down for a reg.

hermit7

Just picked up the Matt Ferguson TMNT from new York comic con. Thought it looked awesome.

Recently picked up Mike Mitchell fat Kingdom armadillo as well as ordered his just like us Gambit.

Being fairly new to this anyone have any framing sites or anything?

IronRinn

Up now on Posters & Toys:

Mythos-GOORM-Antubanyu_zps260f00d9.jpg

"Antubanyu" Art Print by GOORM 18" x 24" screenprint. Numbered in an edition of 40. $55.00

Also interesting:

"Wait! More! Starting tomorrow, I'll be selling some copies of Richey Beckett's poster for The Wicker Man stateside. It's a 24" x 36" screenprint, has an edition of 220, and will cost $50. The variant has an edition of 70 and will cost $60. They go up tomorrow (Friday, October 17th) at 2pm Central Time."

dc-_-oU8XO7y_ErgmVzOWc2OdBg5xfAq6tRWo0YDQDN3JvijFiN4U7ICy1M9yMQvmY8=s0-d-e1-ft

vf76XATKyNzyB7vcItlIAPr8AlLdJpeXRU6E0IMNLR5fSzA9s0d98yHCGaDn7C8zikg=s0-d-e1-ft

LordCanti

Yorda's proportions stick out more as off because she's the same height as Ico. Ico is much shorter:

UjdRkW2.jpg

I do agree that they're both off, but if I had to pick one to have fixed, Ico being proportional would win.

IronRinn

Yorda's proportions stick out more as off because she's the same height as Ico. Ico is much shorter:

UjdRkW2.jpg

I do agree that they're both off, but if I had to pick one to have fixed, Ico being proportional would win.

In the newer revisions, Eng has made Ico shorter. It's just that their placement on the walkway, coupled with the walkway's perspective, puts their heads at the same height, creating the illusion that they are the same height. That said, the height difference is not as great as in that game image. In Eng's he looks about a head shorter as opposed to the 1.5 or 2 in the game.

Sushigod7

it'll probably be online. Unless it sells out.

The gallery is in Austin.

Yup this, its a crap shoot depending on the run size if it makes it online. DO NOT buy at a high price on ebay next weekend wait it out. Also wait to see if Kevin has AP's he puts on his site. Majority of the stuff at the shows makes it online and doesn't flip for crazy prices.

DemiMatt

Thank you very much for the helpful tips. I've got both the JP & Wizard Of Oz prints and they are by far my favorite. The detail is uncanny!

BigHow

Neo Member
Is there anyone going to the Batman show who can PB me? I normally don't ask, but I'm dying to get my hands on one of those Ansin '66 Batman prints (ever since I missed the drop of the variant during Comic Con) and I'm hoping the regular will be at the show.

Sent out another email. Please reply within 24 hours. Thanks!

I think the new version looks great. Ico's weapon is more noticeable now and the angle better shows Yorda being pulled along by Ico like the game.

Having the characters in a different angle than the world as makes a nice contrast I like. Seems as if they stand out better.

Natlebug

Neo Member
Speculation is that he's doing one for each film in the trilogy.

That'd be amazing, this is something I'll definitely have to pick up. Sadly though I'm sure I'll be paying the ridiculous eBay prices...

On a different note I prefer version 3 of Ico. I like the idea of them arriving at what we are seeing, rather than going across. Both look great and I'd be happy with either though. 3 just makes me think that while we are looking at this huge complicated environment and where to start, Ico thinks the same thing.

Version 3.

I like the V4 too, but I think they stand out a bit too much and at any rate they should be facing the other way, not running towards the ledge...

IronRinn

Man, I feel bad for making Kilian spend so much time on these two little figures!

I think they're better drawn/proportioned in version 4 but the pose/position is better in version 3. It makes it look like the just came upon the castle and are kind of taking it in with us.

I really don't know which to pick.

LordCanti

If they were in a different spot (like the open square to the right of the couch) V4 would be better, but as is it looks like they're running toward a ledge. I do like that Ico is shorter and that Yorda's skin is white in V4 though. Hmm....

Edit: If 3 wins, changing her skin to white like in v4 would be a nice/simple change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom