• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

I think they're better drawn/proportioned in version 4 but the pose/position is better in version 3. It makes it look like the just came upon the castle and are kind of taking it in with us.

This is the dilemma I'm facing too haha.

If I had to pick one, I'd say probably version 4. I like the character models more, and it looks like theyre coming from the couch.

Egnirys

I like version 3 more. In version 4 the proportion is better however, Ico and Yorda look like they're running towards a ledge. It bothers me and I like the feel of them also experiencing the castle for the fist time along with the viewer.

Meier

As others have said, proportioned far better in 4 but they look better in 3. Either is fine to me though -- each has a strength and weakness.

ohkay

I think 4 looks better proportionally and it's easier to recognize Yorda, but their angle in 3 is better since, like others have said, it feels like they're just entering this place

Sent an email and making a request here as well.

If someone has the game and equipment, can you possibly screenshot/video Ico and Yorda in an angle similar to version 3? Or if you have good reference photos provide a link?

Just post it to neogaf so people will know when it's done and won't have to do the same thing.

IronRinn

Man, people post some blurry-ass screenshots. What the hell:

Ico_and_Yorda_%28PS2%29.png

LaneDS

If we don't have a good image by tonight, I'll fire up the PS3 remaster (which I've been meaning to play again anyway) after work to see if I can get some decent shots. Really cool how much effort and attention is being paid to this element, in any case.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I'm a bit late, but FWIW, I agree with the direction things seem to be going. I think the perspective in 3 is better, but 4 looks more like the characters.

Maaaan, is that what it looked like? It has been a long time.

Ico ran at something like 512x224 IIRC. There were cleaner looking PS1 games.

LordCanti

LaneDS

That site is TERRIBLE. It's very unintuitive and confusing. Just because you can get someone to make you a good poster doesn't mean you can make a good website.

I will give zero shits about the design if it somehow handles drops better than the previous one.

That said, I am not holding my breath.

LaneDS

You guys really thought they would change their carting system? It's never going to happen.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think a redesigned online store front is married to some backend changes, but as I said above I'm not holding my breath here.

Edit: should clarify that all I'm saying is there's a chance the site will hold up to the barrage better. I don't expect the option to reserve things in cart.

lupinko

I think the two from their back looks classier, whereas the other angle invokes the game more but makes it more gamey, whatever the hell that means.

I don't mind either, but from their back, it has that wonder feel to it for me.

Also Yorda on B had better coloring but this is my experience on media of the game. True fans have better judgement given the sentimentality of this print.

Sushigod7

Hopefully the Mondo site update fixes or prevents bots etc from purchasing. There are plenty of tricks out there maybe this will even the playing field.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Hopefully the Mondo site update fixes or prevents bots etc from purchasing. There are plenty of tricks out there maybe this will even the playing field.

The site doesn't seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary. If anything, it's more cleanly structured, which might make it easier. Not that it looked all that hard to begin with. There might be something in the backend though. I guess we'll see if drops get any easier.

My login doesn't work anymore, and the Forgot Your Password link says my account doesn't exist, so I guess our old order history is gone? Set up your accounts now kids, so you don't get bit on the next drop day.

Edit: Took another look. Put the mondocon poster in a cart, looked at the checkout forms all the way up to (but not including) the final "complete my purchase" click. They're using Shopify. No captcha. This is immensely bot-able. Keep your hopes low.

The site doesn't seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary. If anything, it's more cleanly structured, which might make it easier. Not that it looked all that hard to begin with. There might be something in the backend though. I guess we'll see if drops get any easier.

My login doesn't work anymore, and the Forgot Your Password link says my account doesn't exist, so I guess our old order history is gone? Set up your accounts now kids, so you don't get bit on the next drop day.

Edit: Took another look. Put the mondocon poster in a cart, looked at the checkout forms all the way up to (but not including) the final "complete my purchase" click. They're using Shopify. No captcha. This is immensely bot-able. Keep your hopes low.

Oh it's still bot-able. There are different forms, but it's basically the same flow. It's about 6-7 hours to move a script from the old site to this one.

However, there's some murmurs on the internet that Shopify can detect and cancel orders from automated shopping tools, but I can't corroborate that with other sources.

IronRinn

It's kinda bullshit that they couldn't have let us know ahead of time that they would not be importing our old account info. I would have liked to have at least downloaded all that info for when I want to make myself feel bad about how much money I've spent.

Also, I don't use a bot, but all my Hot Tricks don't work on the new site. So it goes.

newjeruse

Fuck. That seems like really poor planning to not allow users to see their order history. It's basically the only way I know which unopened tube is which.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom