• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasari

Loving Ico #5, can't wait to see it in person.

Thought Bubble is giving me a nightmare, can't go now so we're out a fair bit of cash for the tickets and travel etc and impossible to get a PB for the Ferguson Guardians print. Have found a kind person to cover any 5x5s at least.

Offered £100 tip for the Ferguson too :(

keiichi

tumblr_ne9u64iGA51rr18wao1_400.jpg

"Tomorrow, we will be putting these 12 one-of-a-kind metallic prints from Tom Whalen, available for the first time, online. They go up at a random time and are $150 each (same price as recent solo show). In addition to these new releases, we will have VERY, VERY limited quantities of each paper print from “Bust’d” restocked on the website. Some were held for complete sets, and we weren’t able to set-up a full set correctly online for purchase, so we will be putting those few copies up of each individually at the same time. Big day! These will NOT be available in store at all.

Good luck and stay tuned to our Twitter (@galleries1988) or Facebook page for the sale announcement tomorrow."

http://g1988.tumblr.com/post/101355404760/tomorrow-we-will-be-putting-these-12

These are up http://nineteeneightyeight.com/collections/tom-whalen-bustd

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Well the blue is still up and looks amazing in person :p

Yeah, I'd say blue is dominant for the Fantasia and red for the We Can No Longer Protect You. They all look dope in person, but those are the ones that popped most for me.

Sushigod7

Hope I can snag one of these since the other folks got the drop on it not a large run. I missed Mead Street which was amazing as well.

Sushigod7

I'm still kicking myself for passing on it during the preview sale. What a fucking idiot I am.

Same here and it really hasn't been for sale in the aftermarket either. I do really like how this is horizontally set though its completely full of awesome color.

wesleysnipes

Neo Member
Hey everyone. New to this board. Did anyone try to get the Back to the Future from Mondo today? My first experience with the new site and it seemed like it sold out in 1 second.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
In all likelihood they're sold-out now, but you shouldn't stop trying until they're completely sold out. Right now there's 5 left in people's carts.

IronRinn

This drop on Mondo's new site has been interesting. Has been showing "Sold Out" for me the whole time. I guess it does allow for holding the item in your cart for a bit.

Yeah that was certainly a weird one.

I will say that I got in right away and it was honestly the smoothest drop I've ever seen. Literally no hang-ups or waiting for calculating shipping at all.

Weird to see Mondo with a cart system. Who would have thought we'd ever see the day?

just a small ico update. the file is with the printer but work can't be started on it right away due to other projects being ahead of queue. I don't expect they will be able to get to it until a few weeks from today.

that's all for now.

boraaa

Neo Member
just a small ico update. the file is with the printer but work can't be started on it right away due to other projects being ahead of queue. I don't expect they will be able to get to it until a few weeks from today.

that's all for now.
Yo, r u going for the Whalen drop next thursday? :)

Got this bad boy as a birthday gift:
qQfwODA.jpg

Signed by Guillermo Del Toro
Bought a frame from amazon that should be coming in on Wednesday.
Wish I could get it custom framed, or custom frame it myself, but I dont have the time or the money :(

Meier

My friend and his fiancee were in town visiting so we took them by the Mondo Gallery and got a little sneak peek of the new prints that will be released on Friday. Very nice stuff -- 2 new releases + variants (only saw 1 of the variants).

I love my Iron Giant t-shirt by the way for those who are on the fence. Fits well.

LaneDS

My friend and his fiancee were in town visiting so we took them by the Mondo Gallery and got a little sneak peek of the new prints that will be released on Friday. Very nice stuff -- 2 new releases + variants (only saw 1 of the variants).

I love my Iron Giant t-shirt by the way for those who are on the fence. Fits well.

"By Hogarth" or something else? Bought one (in gray) yesterday along with the deer print which I was kind of iffy on, but I think it'll look nice framed on my desk at work or something.

The girlfriend is teasing that she got me a print for our two year anniversary, which I guess she was so confident I will like that she spent the money to get it framed right. Excited and curious to see what it ends up being and will feel a little badly if I'm not blown away by it, given the cost involved.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

Friday or tomorrow?

IronRinn

Mondo. Tomorrow. Thursday November 13th:

Methane_GhostRider_final_grande.jpg

Ghost Rider by Methane Studios. 18"x24" Edition of 240. Signed & Hand Numbered by Methane Studios. Printed by Methane Studios. $40

Methane_GhostRider_variant_final_grande.jpg

Ghost Rider (Variant) by Methane Studios. 18"x24" Edition of 115. Signed & Hand Numbered by Methane Studios. Printed by Methane Studios. $60

NEW_STORM_FINAL_with_logo_REDUCED_grande.jpg

Storm by Neal Russler. 18"x24" Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom