• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b3b0p

I know we have some Cowboy Bebop fans, so figured I'd show you guys this since I seemingly missed it last weekend on IAM8BIT's site:

72dpi_Nimit_Malavia-Cowboy_Bebop_II_1024x1024.jpg

I saw it. Picked it up asap. :D

Mondo is killing me with these Batman posters. I was able to grab Batman Beyond and A Death in the Family but lordy, that Heath Ledger Joker was barely up before it was sold out. I really need more of Edminston's stuff in my collection. Also, they need to do more of those Batman: The Animated Series title cards as posters.

overcast

Isn't this a pre order? Another question, do you think it's limited? As in, will I be able to order it when it releases in 2015. Huge animated series fan, but I don't have much money right now (because of other purchases).
Fuck that's gorgeous. This thread is dangerous.

Updates on Commissions:

------------------

Fancy-Poster Gaf Commision #1 Special (Presented by firehawk12): Akari & Aria by Jasmin Darnell

Hand-numbered, limited edition 8"x10" giclee. Paper is still to be determined. Estimated at around $18 + shipping. Printed by either Giclee Today or Disney Fine Art/Collector's Edition.

1. firehawk12
2. darkblade77
3. cajunator
4. Mr.Jeff
5. Mockingbird
6. Haly
7. AmethystEnd
8. umbra
9. ZachDeKoromaru
10. Lambtron
11. Chariot
12. MikeHattsu
13. Theonik
14. wonzo
15. SDBurton
16. Mokoi
17. Scrooge McDuck
18. omlet
19. Kurt (who is not on GAF).
20. phoenix296

Scan248_zps19a0a0ab.jpg

some adjustments will be made per suggestion of firehawk. then will go into coloring.

---------------------

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #5 -- Ico by Kilian Eng ( http://dwdesign.tumblr.com )

Files are in the process of being separated. Going in tomorrow to finalize and approve some details with the printer.

-------------------

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #6: Mikasa Ackerman (ミカサ・アッカーマン) by Craig Drake ( http://craigdrake.tumblr.com )

CANCELLED because of good reasons.

Instead, it has been potentially changed to following:

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #6: Lucina (ルキナ) by Craig Drake ( http://craigdrake.tumblr.com )

Feel free to sign up if interested.
------------------

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #7: Done. Will reveal later. Currently at the printers for approval and quote.

Because of Dragon Age and Smash Bros, I've spent my allotted free funds (trying to go the Dave Ramsey way with my finances). Do wish I was able to get this print. My wife and daughter are going to move in with family so we can save up for a down payment on a new home :) so that also means I'm cutting down the number of Hot Toys and posters I'm buying. When we move into a new place, I'll make sure my art studio / office is looking right :)

Invoices for Ico will go out tonite.

The printing cost will be $80 per person + $15 shipping. If you're wondering why the cost is high, the printing cost includes: paypal fees + separation cost + printing cost for 21 colors + a more expensive paper being used (2-play museum board) +shipping cost for Kilian's personal copies. If you're doing local pick up it's only $80 that you have to send via gift payment.

The prints should be on-hand around December 20th and I believe I can ship them all by the year's end.

The printing cost will be $80 per person + $15 shipping. If you're wondering why the cost is high, the printing cost includes: paypal fees + separation cost + printing cost for 21 colors + a more expensive paper being used (2-play museum board) +shipping cost for Kilian's personal copies. If you're doing local pick up it's only $80 that you have to send via gift payment.

The prints should be on-hand around December 20th and I believe I can ship them all by the year's end.

$95 plus the $30 we already paid? For an edition of how many?

teeg

The printing cost will be $80 per person + $15 shipping.

Wow... Not gonna lie I honestly wasn't expecting this print to cost $125.

Just throwing it out there that if anyone is interested in my spot then PM me and we can work out the details. I just can't swing that kind of money for a print right now.

Fletcher

I'm ok with the cost as I fully understand the cost to print and the quality we should be expecting. I trust the decisions you made to ensure these prints look as good as they can and hate the idea of people backing out of this and putting you in a shitty position, considering all the leg work you are doing on these things.

To answer the question I would prefer the $90 screen print route than the giclee.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
With the amount of colors involved, this came as no surprise to me either. I'm a little surprised at the blowback, but I'm guessing that there's quite a few in the group that didn't/don't know how much this can cost for quality work.

I'd be willing to pay the full amount, but if that's not an option I'd rather go with the lower cost screen print than a giclee.

If giclee is what the crowd wants, then I'll go for that too.

If you need someone to help pick up some prints to offset some people backing out, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

rerem

Neo Member
I'm fine with the current projected cost.

If people are balking, I'd much rather we try to find a less expensive screen printing company than go the giclee route.

LordCanti

I'm not picky at all so the cheaper option would be fine with me. I'll be paying either way but I honestly won't notice the difference once it's framed and on my wall. There's probably a higher chance of it getting printed at all if we go for the cheaper option, though I guess we'll find out tomorrow when people wake up and see their e-mails.

Edit: Saw the new e-mail. That's closer to what I assumed it would cost (as someone that has never done a commission before).

Salamando

*reads new email*

Well that's certainly good news! I was all for the fancy printing before, even moreso now. Figure if you're going to do something, do it right.

Kenpachi

Im interested in the Lucina art piece
Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #6: Lucina (ルキナ) by Craig Drake 
1. Bii
2. Einbroch
3. Kenpachi

As for the Ico print i may be able to pay for the printing, just wish it was a bit less costly.

LaneDS

Totally fine with the cost. Thought it was clear early on that costs would be high given the quality of the printing and the number of colors used. Happy to be a part of these commissions and don't mind an associated premium.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm fine with the high quality. My initial post was just the surprise at the high cost, not that it wasn't worth it or that Mockingbird was not being honest. I made a commitment and won't back out.

Fine with the cost as well. I'll reply through email later as well.

And mirroring the others, if that's FE Lucina I'm down for that one as well. :)

Cheska

Fine with the costs as well!

When will payment be due? Maybe in the future we can have an additional invoice sent out in the middle of the process? It may help some people to pay in smaller increments.

The revised price is rad, echoing most others in here. 15 shipping anywhere? If so, I'll get you to send it to a friend directly since I was gonna get this as a gift for the guy anyway.

I'd rather the screenprint route than the giclee route, but I would prefer to not let Mockingbird go into the red on this. If we have to go giclee to avoid Mockingbird paying heavily out of pocket for people who are bailing out, then I think we should at least consider it. The guy's been nothing if not honest and forthright, so watching him eat several hundred bucks is shitty.

I second rerem's thoughts on a cheaper company if needed as a preference versus the giclee idea, though.

Jhriad

For some reason I wasn't expecting it to go to the printer until after the New Year. I'm fine with the price even if the initial quote was more than I was expecting from an 18x24 print. Looking forward to it. :)

Clipjoint

Agreed, it would be such a waste not to make this a screenprint.

I'm happy to pay extra to offset the cost of anyone dropping out. Lord knows I've paid more for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom