• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Just dropped off my Ico (and MGS) at the framing shop. My wallet definitely felt it, but I figure these being GAF commissions I can spend a bit extra to make them look fancier.

Props to Mockingbird for getting me the same edition number on both prints also. :)

Looking forward to the next commission.

Cool! What you doing for your MGS? I've always been interested in how everyone's framed theirs but I don't think anyone's shared it!

Show us your MGS framed guys!

When I was in Disney, I ordered one of their high quality attraction posters at The Art of Disney, well today it showed up, and damn did their shipping job totally fall apart...

16567538931_323a7b235b_c.jpg

16568092052_f0850832d2_c.jpg

16568087912_9218b03fb4_c.jpg

One end cap totally bent and barely hanging on,the other gone completely. I didn't even open it yet, I don't even want to know what kind of shape the print is even in.

IronRinn

When I was in Disney, I ordered one of their high quality attraction posters at The Art of Disney, well today it showed up, and damn did their shipping job totally fall apart...

16567538931_323a7b235b_c.jpg

16568092052_f0850832d2_c.jpg

16568087912_9218b03fb4_c.jpg

One end cap totally bent and barely hanging on,the other gone completely. I didn't even open it yet, I don't even want to know what kind of shape the print is even in.

Shit, whoever delivered that tube jacked it up. Yikes.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Damn, looks like that tube was Hulk Hogan leg dropped. What was the actual print?

The print is completely ruined. It has a solid 7-8 hard creases running through the entire piece. The good thing is that the customer service is really good, and all I had to do was email a few pictures and they'll send me a replacement ASAP.

15953948033_7b0a5255c0_c.jpg

16386515968_489abe9c7d_c.jpg

Ico Shipping Update:

If you paid prior to (but not on) December 5, 2014, your order has shipped and you should have received tracking information.

Currently out of tubes and just waiting for the tubes to come in.

Yeah sorry for the delay. Unlike the metal gears the boxes I get are only 10 tubes per box as opposed to 20 (because these are 4" tubes as opposed to 3" tubes) and I can only have so many boxes here at once cause they do take up space. I usually order them before I run out but I timed this order off by a bit.

I have about 50 orders left to fulfill for both shipping and local pick up combined.

IronRinn

Yeah sorry for the delay. Unlike the metal gears the boxes I get are only 10 tubes per box as opposed to 20 (because these are 4" tubes as opposed to 3" tubes) and I can only have so many boxes here at once cause they do take up space. I usually order them before I run out but I timed this order off by a bit.

I have about 50 orders left to fulfill for both shipping and local pick up combined.

Time to replace all your furniture with furniture made from tubes.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Man. That thing is slick. I assume the final print doesn't have the web page address on it also?

Almost positive it won't--I have a few of his pieces and that doesn't appear anywhere on 'em. Probably just a watermark of some sort on that one version of the pic.

Is there anything I should be aware of when it comes to glow-in-the-dark prints? Looking at the boss fight kickstarter if the dark print is worth it I'd like to get the Metroid one that way but wasn't sure if there are any drawbacks to getting a print done that way.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

newjeruse

Thanks guys. Hard to tell from that picture, but the matte is felt, which works well with the texture of print.

The next print I'm framing is Ico, which I can't wait to open.

All upcoming Fancy Poster GAF commmissions with the exception of one have been cancelled. There's a reason but I can't say why yet. The one that's left will be the last Fancy Poster GAF commission I will be doing for the foreseeable future. I expect the last one to be done at the end of the year. Oh, there's also a possibility that this last one may be cancelled as well, but if it proceeds it will proceed as stated prior.

LaneDS

Aww man, hope all's well. Let us know if we can help somehow, obviously depending on what's up.

Regardless of the future thanks again for making some really awesome things happen for all of us.

Meier

Dang, echoing others -- hope everything is okay!

I wish Mondo still did drops during the Oscars.. kinda fallen out of love with them in the past few years. :( Great releases are few and far between.

Sushigod7

Dang, echoing others -- hope everything is okay!

I wish Mondo still did drops during the Oscars.. kinda fallen out of love with them in the past few years. :( Great releases are few and far between.

Yeah that was fun I only got to do the last one but had fun watching the oscars while F5'ing. I'm not even watching tonight.

Dreweyes

Dang hope everythings ok, MB! I've got some screenprinting buddies who could probably help with production & shipping of any future comissions that were planned. Shoot me a PM if thats something youre interested in! Cheers!

Leunam

All upcoming Fancy Poster GAF commmissions with the exception of one have been cancelled. There's a reason but I can't say why yet. The one that's left will be the last Fancy Poster GAF commission I will be doing for the foreseeable future. I expect the last one to be done at the end of the year. Oh, there's also a possibility that this last one may be cancelled as well, but if it proceeds it will proceed as stated prior.

Well I'm sure everyone will completely stand behind your decision no matter what the reason. Keep us updated so we don't worry about you.

Fletcher

Received my Ico yesterday and it's awesome. Thanks so much for putting these together, MB. Hopefully all is well and I appreciate the effort you have put into these!

Oh wow. Thanks very much for all the well wishes and concerns. I really appreciate it.

I suppose the message I wrote was king of cryptic but the reason is not bad in any way. I just unfortunately can't say what the reason is at this moment =)

In a few months though, I'll be able to explain everything thoroughly. The last Fancy poster gaf commission at this moment is still proceeding as posted previously, so no worries there =)

Thanks once again. Love Fancy Poster Gaffers!

Filthy Slug

Oh wow. Thanks very much for all the well wishes and concerns. I really appreciate it.

I suppose the message I wrote was king of cryptic but the reason is not bad in any way. I just unfortunately can't say what the reason is at this moment =)

In a few months though, I'll be able to explain everything thoroughly. The last Fancy poster gaf commission at this moment is still proceeding as posted previously, so no worries there =)

Thanks once again. Love Fancy Poster Gaffers!

Awesome.

Yo, did you already say what the last commission is going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom