• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

UTBNYC is releasing Australian street artists TABBY's first print "How To Be Loved" on Thursday, March 26th, at the usual time, 12PM EST. Regular edition is $100.00, variants are $125.00.

Edit: Looks like you can email them to reserve as well.

tabbygray_1024x1024.jpeg

Screen print on Mohawk Via Vellum paper 24 x 24 inches Signed (hand sprayed signature) and numbered Edition of 50

Screen print on Mohawk Via Vellum paper 24 x 24 inches Signed (hand sprayed signature) and numbered Edition of 10

Screen print on Mohawk Via Vellum paper 24 x 24 inches Signed (hand sprayed signature) and numbered Edition of 10

Meier

IronRinn

Also on sale on March 26th: From Black Dragon Press "The Black Cat" by Vania Zouravliov. Goes up at 3PM GMT.

Brown Regular

1-colour with varnish hand-pulled screen print
Size: A2 (16.5” x 23.4”)
270gsm Colorplan Harvest archival paper
Hand numbered. Edition of 50.
Printed by White Duck Screenprint.
£40

Brown Variant

270gsm Colorplan Harvest archival paper.
Signed, hand-embellished and hand numbered. Edition of 5.
£100

Grey Regular

270gsm Colorplan Real Grey archival paper.
Hand numbered. Edition of 50.
£40

Grey Variant

270gsm Colorplan Real Grey archival paper.
Signed, hand-embellished and hand numbered. Edition of 5.
£100

IronRinn

If you've ever wanted a Josh Keyes print, this might be a good way to grab one: Tiny Showcase is doing a timed release for the World Wildlife Fund (They get $15.00 for each print sold.):

"Turbulence" is a print edition created by Josh Keyes. The image area of the artwork measures roughly 14" wide by 11" tall. With a border for framing, the artwork measures 15" wide by 12" tall. The archival prints are created by Tiny Showcase and ship with a corresponding certificate of authenticity. The archival artwork has been printed on a heavy 290gsm natural white print making paper made from 90% bamboo fibres and 10% cotton.

$50.00, open from Tuesday, March 24 through Tuesday, March 31 at 12pm Eastern Time.

Risible

Love me some Josh Keyes. All of his Tiny Showcase stuff has been great.

Big shout out to LaneDS, who PB'ed for me with the House on Haunted Hill release and got the poster to me lickety-split! You're the best duder! Hope I can repay the favor someday!

LaneDS

Hahaha, sorry guys! Didn't mean to monopolize the thread. Work's been a little slow lately.

I totally appreciate those updates even if I end up not interested in the print, so echoing what fallengorn just said.

Risible- you're welcome / glad it got there in one piece!

Skipping today's DD print. I like it, but I haven't framed the last one I picked up from him (which I like even more).

IronRinn

Nothing to apologize over. Thread needs more action

I totally appreciate those updates even if I end up not interested in the print, so echoing what fallengorn just said.

I for one appreciate it Ironrinn =)

Your not keep up the good work.

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Skipping today's DD print. I like it, but I haven't framed the last one I picked up from him (which I like even more).
This is definitely the weakest of the 3 so far. I still like it, but the first two are incredible.

LaneDS

"we’re gonna wake up, and we’re going to forget" definitely my favorite of his recent releases. Looks great in person too.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
How recent? This is still mine:

“to my only daughter, Abigail born in June. or June born in August, whatever lie you choose"

tumblr_nbymzftQu41rt9rulo1_1280.jpg

Same here. It's fucking stunning in person. It's hard to capture how much that blue radiates with a standard phone camera.

I love the dilapidated houses he's doing, but I just don't know if I'd need all of them, or more than one or 2. I'm secretly hoping for abandoned amusement parks.

IronRinn

Same here. It's fucking stunning in person. It's hard to capture how much that blue radiates with a standard phone camera.

I love the dilapidated houses he's doing, but I just don't know if I'd need all of them, or more than one or 2. I'm secretly hoping for abandoned amusement parks.

No surprise his amusement park prints are some of his pricier ones:

orioto

Good Art™
Are you kidding me? I love your stuff! As soon as I get paid I'm buying a couple prints...amazing. I want to make them my desktop but alas no high res versions (for obvious reasons)

Well i prefer when you buy prints :p But there are 2560x1440 (and 1600) versions here, as for my comment.. i'm studying great poster artists cause i'm trying movie oriented posters and yeah i feel kinda lame :p

Also new one!

WindWaker%27.jpg

Posters (50) : Here

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
No surprise his amusement park prints are some of his pricier ones:

I'm bummed I got into this way after those released, 'cause I love Coney Island and would happily frame those and put 'em up on my wall. Seems like they're a pain to get now.

LaneDS

How recent? This is still mine:

“to my only daughter, Abigail born in June. or June born in August, whatever lie you choose"

tumblr_nbymzftQu41rt9rulo1_1280.jpg

Recent as in, of the three pieces that are in this series that ends today.

Really like the Abigail print too but my Elk Guard print (probably my single favorite print I own) has me covered for the blue house with spirits category.

IronRinn

Recent as in, of the three pieces that are in this series that ends today.

Really like the Abigail print too but my Elk Guard print (probably my single favorite print I own) has me covered for the blue house with spirits category.

Despite my wishes:

danieldanger said:
got a handful of ideas down this pipeline. well see where it goes. bare minimum its a quadrilogy, best case scenario its a room of your house.

LaneDS

To be honest I'm not exactly sure what makes these last few part of a series, since Danger is no, uh, stranger to abandoned houses and vibrant blues and pinks. Maybe I'll look at all three (eventually four+) side by side and say "ah ha" but for now it's a mystery to me/secret to everybody.

Ramirez

Well i prefer when you buy prints :p But there are 2560x1440 (and 1600) versions here, as for my comment.. i'm studying great poster artists cause i'm trying movie oriented posters and yeah i feel kinda lame :p

Also new one!

[IM]http://orioto.free.fr/WindWaker%27.jpg[/IMG]

Posters (50) : Here

Bro, I've had your Electric Sky bookmarked for a month or so now. I made good on my promise today and purchased it. I saw this one as well, and realized it was new, truly incredible stuff! Never stop. :)

I made a Predator poster you guys! :)
18" x 24" Screen Printed Poster on 100# Holographic Paper, timed edition!

http://www.theyetee.com/shop/detail.php?itemid=POSTER-Choppa

SoBLBxB.jpg

Holy shit...this is awesome. Bought it..even tho it said March 23rd/midnight was the cutoff? lol

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
No post on the James Jean? IronRinn, you're already slipping!

http://store.jamesjean.com/products/horse-iv

“Horse IV” is a signed and numbered time-limited edition of giclée prints with a subtle golden iridescent ink screen printed into the background. It will be made available for 24 hours starting at 8:00 AM PDT on Tuesday, March 31st and ending at 7:59 on April the 1st. The edition will be limited by the number of prints sold during those 24 hours and never re-printed.

It's only *cough*$175*cough*

Natlebug

Neo Member
I'll have a Parks and Rec set of both regular and variant with hopefully matching numbers if anyone is interested. I just got a job offer so I have to move, hoping to raise some funds for that. PM me.

IronRinn

No post on the James Jean? IronRinn, you're already slipping!

http://store.jamesjean.com/products/horse-iv

“Horse IV” is a signed and numbered time-limited edition of giclée prints with a subtle golden iridescent ink screen printed into the background. It will be made available for 24 hours starting at 8:00 AM PDT on Tuesday, March 31st and ending at 7:59 on April the 1st. The edition will be limited by the number of prints sold during those 24 hours and never re-printed.

It's only *cough*$175*cough*
Already falling down on the job! No wonder Mockingbird skipped town. Gotta keep doctor's hours to keep up this thread.

That's a damn fine print, even if it is a bit pricey.

Lastly, I want to say: The more people who post shit in here the better. Everyone, myself included, is going to skip on stuff because it's maybe not to their taste, or maybe it's more than they would pay for a print, but other people might feel differently. (That TABBY print, for example. Not my kind of print, but someone else will love it.) The more varied work we can get posted in here the better.

I"ll have a Parks and Rec set of both regular and variant with hopefully matching numbers if anyone is interested. I just got a job offer so I have to move, hoping to raise some funds for that. PM me.
You should have no problem moving the variant. People snapped that one up.

Leunam

Seems like no one has posted a picture of their Ico pieces framed and hung. Is there an agreement not to show it unless everyone has it already or something? :D

IronRinn

Seems like no one has posted a picture of their Ico pieces framed and hung. Is there an agreement not to show it unless everyone has it already or something? :D

MB wanted it to be a surprise and asked that no one post pics until everyone had theirs. I think there are some international GAFers who are still waiting on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom