• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemiMatt

How did Gaf like the Tyler Stout GoTG Vinyl that came out?

I was LTTP and I'm trying to figure out which to get . . . right now I'm debating on getting Rocket & Groot or Quill & Star Lord (Maybe just one of them). But I figure if I were to buy all 4 prints (plus a vinyl) it'll be around 250-300 ish?

Would I be better off just buying the original poster? What do you guys think and how did you like the quality of the vinyl & prints vs the over all poster.

Also bonus pics of my newly framed prints!

IMG_20150208_162512794.jpg

IMG_20150208_162519620_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150208_162331.jpg

olympia

I have a 24 x 36 James White Signalnoise Drive poster. Is anyone interested in trading for it? I also have some original Drive art from Dan Hipp.

Sushigod7

How did Gaf like the Tyler Stout GoTG Vinyl that came out?

I was LTTP and I'm trying to figure out which to get . . . right now I'm debating on getting Rocket & Groot or Quill & Star Lord (Maybe just one of them). But I figure if I were to buy all 4 prints (plus a vinyl) it'll be around 250-300 ish?

Would I be better off just buying the original poster? What do you guys think and how did you like the quality of the vinyl & prints vs the over all poster.

If your a big vinyl fan sure but why not just grab the record without the prints and by the full size poster if your going to spend that much? Handbills are small you'd have to custom frame them together or buy a bunch of little frames etc. If it were me I wouldn't buy a bunch of handbills.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I made a Predator poster you guys! :)
18" x 24" Screen Printed Poster on 100# Holographic Paper, timed edition!

http://www.theyetee.com/shop/detail.php?itemid=POSTER-Choppa

SoBLBxB.jpg

Pretty cool Drew.

If your a big vinyl fan sure but why not just grab the record without the prints and by the full size poster if your going to spend that much? Handbills are small you'd have to custom frame them together or buy a bunch of little frames etc. If it were me I wouldn't buy a bunch of handbills.

Yeah, if you're willing to pay that much, I'd just go for the poster.

The handbills were a nice add-on for the vinyl, but I wouldn't necessarily go for them, unless you're a big collector of Stout handbills.

IronRinn

Today, Tuesday 3/17 at 12pm EST on Bottleneck: Two Pieces by Mark Chilcott

20106a78-9f06-4004-8ad4-c10624f3a037.jpg

"One More Sleep" 12" x 18" giclee print. S/N Edition of 40. $35.00

20a1d4dc-122b-437a-b9f9-2d8ba0bf7ecc.jpg

"Anyone Can" 13" x 17" giclee print. S/N Edition of 40. $35.00

You can also get a matching set for $65.00

DemiMatt

I'm loving that Belafonte, great job on that frame up.

Thank you! It was the first print I framed, and I noticed its a bit more wavy than it should be, is there a remedy for this? It's not super noticeable but something I'd like to fix.

This is a very very good point you bring up, I did not even think of the price / frame or custom frame if I bought multiple prints.

Maybe the Vinyl will be enough, especially since the price of the Poster is so much now. Thanks for the input!

LaneDS

Also bought one. Wasn't familiar with the artist but checked out some of his other stuff on EB and really like his work. I have a good amount of pieces with animals/nature/ruined urban environments/natural landscapes at this point so this wasn't a tough sell for me.

Oh, and thanks for sharing Rinn, otherwise I'd have had no idea. I like when the thread branches out some from the exclusive pop culture focus the title suggests.

IronRinn

Also bought one. Wasn't familiar with the artist but checked out some of his other stuff on EB and really like his work. I have a good amount of pieces with animals/nature/ruined urban environments/natural landscapes at this point so this wasn't a tough sell for me.

Oh, and thanks for sharing Rinn, otherwise I'd have had no idea. I like when the thread branches out some from the exclusive pop culture focus the title suggests.

Yeah, I hear you. I'm actually starting to thin out my pop culture stuff and lean into the straight up art prints. Been taking some hard looks at my collection to see what I can part with.

IronRinn

Badlands by Tomer Hanuka tomorrow on Mondo. Part of their Terrence Malick Director series. On my phone if anyone else wants to post pics.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Badlands by Tomer Hanuka tomorrow on Mondo. Part of their Terrence Malick Director series. On my phone if anyone else wants to post pics.

Badlands by Tomer Hanuka. Type treatment by Avi Neeman. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Badlands (Variant) by Tomer Hanuka. Type treatment by Avi Neeman. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

IronRinn

Laurent Durieux's Shutter Island

tWFMbfF.jpg

Sold through French Paper Art Club. I think they may have been the ones who released the Delort Batman print? Sounded like that drop was a bit of a clusterfuck.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Site had a max of like 23 unique visitors for checkouts at a time, but it wasn't crazy bad. Their shipping was not the best though.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey, did any of y'all get the Gremlins 2 print from Mondo? Just got mine and I'm kind of floored--it's incredible. Some of the best metallics I've seen in a print, and the lipstick red color is fucking perfect.

Hey, did any of y'all get the Gremlins 2 print from Mondo? Just got mine and I'm kind of floored--it's incredible. Some of the best metallics I've seen in a print, and the lipstick red color is fucking perfect.

Got a variant. They forgot to make the "Gremlins II: The New Batch" part glow:

fv4gU8k.jpg

Their response was basically: "Yup. Oops"

Filthy Slug

Got a variant. They forgot to make the "Gremlins II: The New Batch" part glow:

fv4gU8k.jpg

Their response was basically: "Yup. Oops"

I actually think that still looks cool as hell with just the cut-up New York. The only thing I wish the print had was a Rambo Gizmo.

I just picked up my first art prints from a local Con this weekend. They're small pieces and I need to get them framed but I have no idea about the art behind picking the right containment. Can I ask for advice/opinions in this thread?

IronRinn

I just picked up my first art prints from a local Con this weekend. They're small pieces and I need to get them framed but I have no idea about the art behind picking the right containment. Can I ask for advice/opinions in this thread?

Framing has come up in here on occasion if you search through, but there's a whole dedicated thread over on EB. Maybe more info than you need. Two big things are use acid free material, and if you're not swapping out prints on a regular basis, make sure the art isn't touching the glass.

IronRinn

Available tomorrow at 2PM EST on Daniel Danger's store: The conclusion to Danger's epic trilogy (at least that's what I'm saying because I don't have room for more) "…and sometimes you go to that place we do not know, and sometimes you come back, and sometimes you don’t.”

tumblr_nlocx0UkAv1rt9rulo1_500.jpg

24" x 36" 5 color screenprint, signed and numbered edition of 200, $60.00.

There will also be a red and black variant:

Screen_20Shot_202015-01-20_20at_2011.04.36_20PM_400w.png

24" x 36” four color screenprint, signed and numbered edition of 100, $70.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom