• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of any large prints that you could put in a living room/over a couch?

Edit: If I were a wealthy man, I'd get this: https://www.candb.com/en/artwork/34/at-the-edge-of-a-jungle-kilian-eng.html

Save your pennies, C&B is awesome
IMG_5719_zpsd2a6c55c.jpg

(pic is super old, but you get the idea)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
No post on the James Jean? IronRinn, you're already slipping!

http://store.jamesjean.com/products/horse-iv

“Horse IV” is a signed and numbered time-limited edition of giclée prints with a subtle golden iridescent ink screen printed into the background. It will be made available for 24 hours starting at 8:00 AM PDT on Tuesday, March 31st and ending at 7:59 on April the 1st. The edition will be limited by the number of prints sold during those 24 hours and never re-printed.

It's only *cough*$175*cough*
I love Jean, and i'm coming around to this horsey(moreso than Seasons and the Tattoo Sheets he did) but I wish he stuck to the more 2d-drawn looking stuff he does for more of these releases, as opposed to this pseudo-3d looking stuff. Something like Tiger III:
This is easily one of the nicest prints I own, and I'd say it's his best release since his comeback.

I love Jean, and i'm coming around to this horsey(moreso than Seasons and the Tattoo Sheets he did) but I wish he stuck to the more 2d-drawn looking stuff he does for more of these releases, as opposed to this pseudo-3d looking stuff. Something like Tiger III:

This is easily one of the nicest prints I own, and I'd say it's his best release since his comeback.

I'm sad that I missed out on the Tiger III print but I did buy the beautiful Seasons print for my wife. I might buy the new one for my daughter.

suplex

Yea I missed out on Tiger III as well, great looking print.

Picked up the Englert Parks reg, and will definitely pick up the Keyes tiny showcase print.

IronRinn

Tomorrow (3/26) on Mondo:

A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night by Levente Szabó. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by Industry Print Shop. $40

They're also going to have records from the Audyssey pop-up store (where they were also selling the above print) they held a week or so ago, including the soundtrack for A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night

A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night 2XLP. Various Artists. Die-cut jacket with two interchangeable sleeves. Available in Grey & White and Audyssey Version White & Black. $35

IronRinn

Expensive, but pretty nice prints by Brad Kunkle (first time I've heard of him). These are being released on Saturday, 3/28 on his website, and are printed by Static Medium:

11015602_610094035800836_1713234855_n.jpg

"The Near, Far, And Leading" Limited Edition Gold Mark Print, 23.5 x 24" • $325 • Signed by scribing into a 22k gold-leafed mark; gilded by yours truly. Titled and numbered in pencil. Limited edition of 60.

10808799_464621940353978_149037993_n.jpg

"Islands" Limited Edition Gold Mark Print, 17.5 x 24" • $275 Signed by scribing into a 22k gold-leafed mark; gilded by Brad Kunkle. Titled and numbered in pencil. Limited edition of 60.

10952847_899154516817315_1525567591_n.jpg

"Cocoon" Limited Edition Gold Mark Print, 15.5 x 24" • $250 Signed by scribing into a 22k gold-leafed mark; gilded by Brad Kunkle. Titled and numbered in pencil. Limited edition of 60.

IronRinn

More pricey art prints.

MAE Gallery Editions has a bunch of nice stuff, but they have a few pieces by DZO Olivier that I really like. It looks like the store is Big Cartel, but you have to email them to order?

"Gaia Calling 'BioFusion II'" Signed and Numbered edition of 50 w/ COA $150.00.

"Naim" Signed and Numbered edition of 50. Hand-embellished edition of 10 w/ COA $150.00.

"Elemental Biofusion III" Archival Print on Canvas Signed and Numbered Edition: 50 Size: 33" x 12" w/ COA $150.00.

There's also a NSFW portrait that's really nice.

Naim and Biofusion 2. I've seen a lot of pics of hand embellished Biofusion 3s floating around, they look amazing. Not sure if a regular edition will be be available, hope so.

LaneDS

Almost certainly getting that, if I get the chance. Sweet.

The Olly Moss Firewatch set of three prints are shipping now, if anyone also ordered those a while back.

Seems like there's an archive sale every month now. Kind of defeats the purpose of the 1x doesn't it? Not hating on the company, I've bought more than a few pieces from them, but I wonder if the inevitable archive release hurts sales on the drop by removing that sense of urgency?

I heard back from Kiko at MAE gallery. She did say my prints would be reserved but didn't give any further details regarding payment/shipping.

CookBeck

We have one special print from Kilian Eng releasing in about two weeks that is 24 x 36 inch / 90 x 60 cm but it is game related though. Not as big as At the Edge of a Jungle of course bur larger than his usual output. I'll ask him if we would consider doing another really large one. He made At the Edge of a Jungle specifically for an art fair in Germany.

We are actually actively looking for digital artists that work in large formats but it is a challenge.

The difficulty with digitally made art is that large pieces/prints are very technically demanding to make still. C&B ideally prints between 300dpi and 600dpi for instance and with images that are > 10.000 pixels wide or high you're looking at file sizes of 4 or 5 Gigs easily. That's hard on Photoshop to get a smooth work flow.

IronRinn

We have one special print from Kilian Eng releasing in about two weeks that is 24 x 36 inch / 90 x 60 cm but it is game related though. Not as big as At the Edge of a Jungle of course bur larger than his usual output. I'll ask him if we would consider doing another really large one. He made At the Edge of a Jungle specifically for an art fair in Germany.

We are actually actively looking for digital artists that work in large formats but it is a challenge.

The difficulty with digitally made art is that large pieces/prints are very technically demanding to make still. C&B ideally prints between 300dpi and 600dpi for instance and with images that are > 10.000 pixels wide or high you're looking at file sizes of 4 or 5 Gigs easily. That's hard on Photoshop to get a smooth work flow.
Thanks for the insight. Also, welcome to Fancy-PosterGAF! You guys and gals do great work over on C & B.

HarSon, I've been racking my brain trying to think of larger pieces I've seen and I've really been coming up blank (I guess I have good reason now considering the above.) The only piece that readily came to mind was this Daniel Danger piece we mentioned earlier, "And we'll only feel smaller and smaller" which is 30" x 40":

Dark Hall Mansion also put out a massive, 6' long Yellow Submarine print by Alex Ross, but that's to a pretty specific taste. Probably not what you're looking for. Sorry we haven't been of more help.

harSon

Banned
Ah, no problems! I'm not moving into a new place until the middle of Summer, so maybe something will pop up by then - or maybe I'll move forward with that Kilian print :p

Also, I was hoping they'd have some extra 2001 prints for that Distant Lands exhibit, but it was Sold Out on arrival.

I was able to get the Silent Running, Forbidden Planet, Fifth Element and Krypton ones. I might just bite the bullet and cop the 2001 print on Ebay, although the one I currently see is for $110 :\

Edit: Just bit the bullet, and purchased it on Ebay for $79.99

Not the worst markup in the world, and at least I'm able to complete the set I was going for.

Finally found a good Oldboy print. Private commission by Goni Montes. Now I just need to frame it, but I'm undecided on mat color. Any suggestions?

ZiIuDoD.jpg

Also still need to frame this Fallout print, but again, I'm undecided on mat color. Leaning toward white mat on black frame, though.

DFfXy2P.jpg

harSon

Banned
My Matt Ferguson prints shipped. I ended up getting these five:

I really liked the Jurassic Park one, but since these are going to be mounted side by side, it kind of clashed with the others. I would have gotten the Tron one, but I found the glow in the dark aspect of the print to be kind of tacky.

ohkay

Finally found a good Oldboy print. Private commission by Goni Montes. Now I just need to frame it, but I'm undecided on mat color. Any suggestions?

Also still need to frame this Fallout print, but again, I'm undecided on mat color. Leaning toward white mat on black frame, though.
Maybe a dark red for the old boy? And I'd probably go with a plain black mat for the fallout since I feel like a white mat would look kinda washed out with the beige

Got my Ico print from Mockingbird! Looks fantastic. Flattening it now, getting it framed this week :D

So bummed I missed the Parks and Rec Englert reg. If anyone snagged an extra, hit me up.

IronRinn

Joe Carr at Antiquated Press does copper plate etching prints (like Phlegm has been doing). He has a series called Clockworks 13 that is pretty cool (and affordable). More (13, in fact) at the link. Prices range from $35.00-$100.00:

stacks_image_869.jpg

stacks_image_959.jpg

stacks_image_411.jpg

stacks_image_541.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom