• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this happened:

17312160915_d3ed2260df_b.jpg

fuck

Meier

It's the first weekend of ACL. Something to keep in mind i.e. hotels. Gonna be a fucking bear if you wait. I won't be able to make it. :(

OMG! Rockin' Jelly Bean x Cutie Honey officially licensed screenprint coming out this sat in Harajuku.

ABSOLUTELY NOT WORK SAFE AT ALL: http://erostika.net/blogpage.php?s|id=101197 NSFW

I think it's the best RJB piece of all time! Wow.
Umm...

Am I being a prude by not being able to imagine someone actually putting this on their wall?

Then again, I passed on a couple of Sex Criminals prints that were far tamer than this, so nevermind :p

IronRinn

OMG! Rockin' Jelly Bean x Cutie Honey officially licensed screenprint coming out this sat in Harajuku.

ABSOLUTELY NOT WORK SAFE AT ALL: http://erostika.net/blogpage.php?s|id=101197 NSFW

I think it's the best RJB piece of all time! Wow.

Yep, that is definitely a RJB piece. Good one too. Dude is talented but, yeah, there is no wall in the house that I would be allowed to hang that on.

Later = not at work. Google Images has no shame.

Google Images has all the shame. Now, if you Bing it, then you're definitely getting fired, maybe arrested.

Browny

Banned
There's some top work in there. If I was a bigger fan (and had a bigger office at work, lol) I'd consider a couple of those - including the one you've posted, Blingaling.

If I had the money, I would have snapped this up in a heartbeat:

Black_Widow_05_web_large.jpg

Love Ken's rock posters, just wish he did more for bands I actually like. I really like that Avett Bros. print but I'm kind of meh on the band.

You don't like sea shanties?
I made the mistake of trying to listen to the first couple of Avett Bros albums, too bluegrass for me. Really do enjoy their newer stuff.

There's some top work in there. If I was a bigger fan (and had a bigger office at work, lol) I'd consider a couple of those - including the one you've posted, Blingaling.

If I had the money, I would have snapped this up in a heartbeat:

Black_Widow_05_web_large.jpg

That's super cool. 600 bones though? Yow!

I've gotta say I was down for the Bebop variant, but the artists recent attitude has really made me not want to support him. Also not sure how I feel about what is essentially a second printing.

IronRinn

You don't like sea shanties?
I made the mistake of trying to listen to the first couple of Avett Bros albums, too bluegrass for me. Really do enjoy their newer stuff.

I've gotta say I was down for the Bebop variant, but the artists recent attitude has really made me not want to support him. Also not sure how I feel about what is essentially a second printing.

They aren't bad, I guess I'm just ambivalent about them.

This is more like the 4th printing of the Bebop, right?

Edit: 5th? 6th? There are a ton of versions of this thing on EB.

Edit edit: I guess there's a smaller, giclee version without titles.

What happened?
Astronomical AP prices
http://www.thatkidwhodraws.com/shop.html
followed by some heavy attitude after the backlash.
It's all goin in the last 3 pages or so of the EB thread
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=130453&start=165

They aren't bad, I guess I'm just ambivalent about them.

This is more like the 4th printing of the Bebop, right?

Edit: 5th? 6th? There are a ton of version of this thing on EB.

Edit edit: I guess there's a smaller, giclee version without titles.
Geez I thought 2 was bad...

Massive Avengers fan so there's loads in that HCG show I want. Went with the JC Richard 'Meanwhile at Avenger's Tower'. Reminded me of his 'Fortress of Solitude'.

Might go back for more later.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Can anyone explain to me whether he needs permission to make prints like that? Or is it covered by fair use or "private commission" or anything like that. As a budding artist myself i'd love to know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom