• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

That was appropriately over the top.

Today, Friday, April 24th 2PM CT on Posterandtoys, signed AP editions of The Hobbit by Nicholas Delort:

Delort_HobbitSmaug_finalsml_1024x1024.jpg

Regular edition of 40, 24" x 36", $60.00.

Variant edition of 23, 24" x 36", $90.00

A note about the regular edition:

Mitch said:
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to get these posters signed, they were shipped to France and back. On the return trip, the regular version sustained a bend near the top corner. Because of the dense image, it is NOT visible from the front of the poster. It is also quite minor, but we believe in full disclosure. This ONLY affects the regular edition, the variant arrived perfectly.

vrD3EaY.jpg

IronRinn

Dark Hall Mansion said:
The standard edition will be limited to only 150 prints worldwide, the Variant to 50 prints worldwide, and the foils to only 15 pieces worldwide based on each colorway.

[...]

SHAG’s “The Twilight Zone” standard edition will price at $325, the SHAG Variant edition at $450, and the select SHAG foil editions of just 15 each at $575.
Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, no. Guess I'm not getting a SHAG.

IronRinn

I really like the layout of this, but I know this is just an ad for the show and will most likely just be a normal full print.

Yeah, I agree. He posted some previews, not sure if these are more from the full Midnight Cowboy print or from the Taxi Driver Joe mentioned:

10890959_906630579403482_80999319_n.jpg

927765_477217695759302_160565806_n.jpg

omgkitty

Last one, according to him.

Actually looking at a lot of his work right now, I've realized I really like his art style up close, but then when pulled out, it never comes together for me. Like that Midnight Cowboy image is probably a very small portion of the print.

IronRinn

Actually looking at a lot of his work right now, I've realized I really like his art style up close, but then when pulled out, it never comes together for me. Like that Midnight Cowboy image is probably a very small portion of the print.

Heh, it's weird, I'm almost the opposite. I was a little disappointed that his work wasn't more abstract when I saw it in person. Still think he's really talented though, and I look forward to seeing what he puts out for this show.

Bii

Surprise Fat Bird:
[UR="http://www.sirmitchell.com/product/rose-breasted-grosbeak"]http://www.sirmitchell.com/product/rose-breasted-grosbeak[/URL]
[IG]https://images.bigcartel.com/bigcartel/product_images/156908485/max_h-1000+max_w-1000/RoseBreastedGrosbeak_promoSHOP.jpg[/IMG]

There's also a panda if you're into that type of thing:
[IG]https://images.bigcartel.com/bigcartel/product_images/156908902/max_h-1000+max_w-1000/Red_Panda_promo.jpg[/IMG]

Almost missed out on these. Was at work and checked my e-mail right before I headed out to lunch and was like "shit, I'm already 15 minutes too late". Went to the site, added to my cart, bought it, confirmation e-mail received and then went back to the page and it was sold out. I must have gotten one of the last ones.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Almost missed out on these. Was at work and checked my e-mail right before I headed out to lunch and was like "shit, I'm already 15 minutes too late". Went to the site, added to my cart, bought it, confirmation e-mail received and then went back to the page and it was sold out. I must have gotten one of the last ones.
Fat bird comics-gaf represent!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The foil version of that is seriously gorgeous. Brings out the neo in Neo-Tokyo.

LaneDS

Did not. Probably would have skipped either way (just too dark for me to want to display anywhere) but the text and logos completely killed any interest I had in it.

Schryver

I ordered the Bloodborne print. Not sure if I am gonna keep it but bought one just in case. Pretty surprised it sold out so quickly actually.

Browny

Banned
Just received my Highway 26 - pretty good for international shipping. Sadly I don't have any spare desks in my office anymore to lay it out to flatten, so I'm off for a walk to find out if anyone's been fired recently.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what colour frame to go for? I was thinking white - purely so as not to detract from the piece itself...

LaneDS

Just received my Highway 26 - pretty good for international shipping. Sadly I don't have any spare desks in my office anymore to lay it out to flatten, so I'm off for a walk to find out if anyone's been fired recently.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what colour frame to go for? I was thinking white - purely so as not to detract from the piece itself...

I'd go black over white in this (and most) cases.

newjeruse

Bloodborne print looked too much like an in-game panorama to me. Waiting for something really cool.

Janice Chu has been doing some cool stuff on Twitter.

IronRinn

Available on Arcadium on Tuesday, April 28th at 1pm(!) ET, "Tenor High C" by Kelly Blevins:

154_tenorforweb.jpg

Edit: Signed and numbered edition of 50, 22" x 16" giclee print on 225gm somerset velvet fine art paper. $50.00

That's a great poster, but these foil variants are killin' me. It's probably worth mentioning that foil/holographic/chromium/all that other wacky shiny stuff started over-saturating the trading card and comic book markets of the 90's. Got pretty ridiculous, really burned all the "collectors" who dropped a lot of coin on worthless shiny crap.
While I'm at it, you kids get off my lawn! Grrr!

IronRinn

That's a great poster, but these foil variants are killin' me. It's probably worth mentioning that foil/holographic/chromium/all that other wacky shiny stuff started over-saturating the trading card and comic book markets of the 90's. Got pretty ridiculous, really burned all the "collectors" who dropped a lot of coin on worthless shiny crap.
While I'm at it, you kids get off my lawn! Grrr!

Yeah, some people do it better than others. DHM does some good stuff that isn't too overbearing. If that whole TTCM is foil (which it looks like it might be) that would be...a bit much.

Reminder for those who are interested:

slideshow_1.jpg

IronRinn

Nautilus news:

Friday, May 1st at 7PM (GMT+1): Tom Whalen and David Merveille

"Mon Oncle"

DRhFmrd.jpg

Regular, numbered edition of 150. Seven color 24" x 36" screen print. 50€/$56.00

DcnYCGS.jpg

Variant, numbered edition of 58. Seven color 24" x 36" screen print. 75€/$84.00

"Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot"

N3woxjQ.jpg

Regular, signed and numbered edition of 150. Seven color 24" x 36" screen print. 50€/$56.00

4wcZagl.jpg

Variant, signed and numbered edition of 53. Seven color, 24" x 36" screen print. 75€/$84.00

Almost seems like they flipped the photo for the regular and variant on the second one, but that's what the email says.

IronRinn

Japanese Robots by Shinji Kamura (who apparently worked on Akira and Tekkonkinkreet among others), based on designs by Walter Pezzali, up on Bottleneck today, April 29th at 12PM EST. More info here.

2cb2c108-8091-4130-86fc-81d430a134e2.gif

"Virgile" 22" x 17", numbered edition of 50, $40.00.

73c85461-a5f5-4035-8bd5-af35ac972c39.gif

"Ameise" 22" x 17", numbered edition of 50, $40.00.

f117b7c3-c143-41b3-9b34-6018990b5863.gif

"Frigo" 22" x 17", numbered edition of 50, $40.00.

c4d29b18-e644-49cc-ad57-ab3d4a7e4870.gif

"Esel" 22" x 17", numbered edition of 50, $40.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom