• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

11142310_851188548308509_1186048433_n.jpg

I never knew how much I wanted a "Mad Monster Party" print until I saw one

Hey all, I got my Skinner Highway 26 in... and I'm just not feeling it. Not going to make the wall, so if any of you missed out and would like mine at cost just shoot me a pm.
20150420_202515_zpslnfzx560.jpg

Update: all gone

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I've heard back from everyone and I think we're ready to go with the printing, but I thought I'd post here one more time in case anyone is interested before everything is finalized:

unnamed_zps4c59f986.jpg

If you are interested in a print of the Aria poster by Jasmin, please PM Mockingbird for the details.

IronRinn

LaneDS

Might actually scoop up the vinyl. I think I have hit my quota of one piece of Journey framed artwork so I'll pass on the Englert, but I like that too.

Hey all, I got my Skinner Highway 26 in... and I'm just not feeling it. Not going to make the wall, so if any of you missed out and would like mine at cost just shoot me a pm.
20150420_202515_zpslnfzx560.jpg

Update: all gone

What about it didn't you like?

Schryver

Oh man. I have been buying a few prints recently but finding this thread and the expressobeans website is going to hurt my wallet. Now I just need a place of my own so I can frame and hang all of my stuff!

The François à l'Américaine by Laurent Durieux I ordered from Nautilus Art Prints in March was delivered today...pleasant surprise, very pleasant indeed.

No pics atm but it is gorgeous. Great paper stock too. My one and only Durieux, would love more but this will do just fine for now.

IronRinn

SHAG is the first guest artist for Dark Hall Mansion's Twilight Zone series:

SHAG-STD_zpsh3phmr2s.jpg

Regular

SHAG-VARIANT_zps3ubthkkf.jpg

Variant

Going to have a foil as well. Measures 22" x 39". So good.

IronRinn

The Vacvvm will have copies of Aaron Horkey and Pushead's Hyperstoic print on sale tomorrow, Thursday, April 23rd at 2PM CT:

2debfea3-fe0d-4768-ba2b-327f098b268d.jpg

47a99766-f727-4d20-a807-4ddd4ccba998.jpg

13 color screenprint measuring 22.5" x 36" with an edition of 183 apiece. $175.00.

LaneDS

Between the Cook & Becker print (plus custom frame), this, the vinyl, and the digital soundtrack... I've spent a lot more on the art and music from the game than the initial $15 barrier of entry to actually play the game itself (which is a really fantastic couple hours!).

LaneDS

Really like Englert, and really like Journey, and felt like I should go for it since I was in front of a PC when they went live.

ohkay

I forgot about it, but I was only looking to pick up the vinyl anyway. JC Richard's is enough Journey for me, even though I like the brighter colors on the Englert, but I can't justify having 2 prints of similar scenes

IronRinn

Really like Englert, and really like Journey, and felt like I should go for it since I was in front of a PC when they went live.
It was the best thing for my wallet, really.

I forgot about it, but I was only looking to pick up the vinyl anyway. JC Richard's is enough Journey for me, even though I like the brighter colors on the Englert, but I can't justify having 2 prints of similar scenes
Once you land a copy of "And I'll Only Feel Smaller and Smaller" you're gonna need the wall space anyway.

Might actually scoop up the vinyl. I think I have hit my quota of one piece of Journey framed artwork so I'll pass on the Englert, but I like that too.

What about it didn't you like?

I think I'm just over foil. Also not huge on screentones. Hard to put my finger on it, just didn't feel like it would ever get framed. Glad to pass it on to someone who will appreciate it more either way.

LaneDS

It was the best thing for my wallet, really.

Totally understand. Trying (and maybe doing an okay job?) to spend less on prints this year considering framed vs. stored.

I think I'm just over foil. Also not huge on screentones. Hard to put my finger on it, just didn't feel like it would ever get framed. Glad to pass it on to someone who will appreciate it more either way.

Makes sense. Haven't owned a foil print prior to this one so I'm hoping when it arrives I'm into it (you got yours fast!). Still considering that Ansin Ghost in the Shell and this'll probably influence my decision to go for that or not eventually.

Unrelated, Mike Mitchell Fat Corgi arrived yesterday. It's dumb and I love it, but the girlfriend does not.

ohkay

Once you land a copy of "And I'll Only Feel Smaller and Smaller" you're gonna need the wall space anyway.
Haha yeah, but it seems like it might be a while before I actually get one

Makes sense. Haven't owned a foil print prior to this one so I'm hoping when it arrives I'm into it (you got yours fast!). Still considering that Ansin Ghost in the Shell and this'll probably influence my decision to go for that or not eventually.
The Ansin looks really great in person

NateDrake

What are the dimensions for the Ico print? I was going to look into some frame options tomorrow, but forgot the measurements & the print is at my house but I'm out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom