• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Tong's Comic-Con drops:

7/11/2012:

The War of the Worlds by Kevin Tong

7541423458_aebe0a3c81_o-1.jpg

This is a three color screen printed poster on 18 x 24 inch, 100 lb. white cover paper/signed and numbered in a limited edition of 200. The price is $40.

How to buy: San Diego comic-con starting on preview night.

The Time Machine by Kevin Tong

7541423690_93a5f03dd9_o.jpg

This is a two color screen printed poster on 18 x 24 inch, 100 lb. Lemon Yellow French cover paper and signed/numbered in a limited edition of 200. The price is $30

omgkitty

Kevin Tong's Comic-Con drops:

7/11/2012:

The War of the Worlds by Kevin Tong

7541423458_aebe0a3c81_o-1.jpg

This is a three color screen printed poster on 18 x 24 inch, 100 lb. white cover paper/signed and numbered in a limited edition of 200. The price is $40.

The Time Machine by Kevin Tong

7541423690_93a5f03dd9_o.jpg

This is a two color screen printed poster on 18 x 24 inch, 100 lb. Lemon Yellow French cover paper and signed/numbered in a limited edition of 200. The price is $30

I have no idea why that Time Machine print is $10 cheaper, but I'd love to get one of those. I really feel like Tong should do character designs for a cartoon.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I really need to make it a point to go to SDCC next year, don't I?

God, that Danger GoT, the Batman Moss/Danger prints, and that last Time Machine print. I'd kill for all of those.

omgkitty

I'm tempted to venture into the GAF SDCC thread and see if anyone is willing to grab me some posters for some cash...

I love how I was the first one today to post on the ISO PB thread and have heard nothing back from anyone with like 15 people forming a line behind me. I think we are all SOL unless you want something small. At this point, I'm just hoping to find someone to get me some Olly Moss business cards signed. BIG DREAMS MAN!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I'm tempted to venture into the GAF SDCC thread and see if anyone is willing to grab me some posters for some cash...

I just want you to know that I had a side bet with my roommate that such a post by you would be in the GAF SDCC thread within 15 minutes of your post here.

You just made me $20. Thank you.

J-Man

Is there still time to get a ticket to SDCC? HaHAHaHAHaHAHaHAHa!! (Cue final page of The Killing Joke)

On the bright side, I'll save some money...

omgkitty

I feel as if I need to hunt some people down who don't know what posters are that are going to SDCC to grab some prints for me. Too bad I know none of these people.

"American Psycho" by James Rheem Davis

19" x 34" Regular version (White Paper) of 75 copies -
$30 +$11 priority shipping in the U.S. / International shipping is $30 + $16

file.php

19" x 34" Variant version (Metallic Silver Paper) of 25 copies -
$50 + $11 priority shipping in the U.S. / International shipping is $50 + $16

file.php

If you're interested in purchasing one or both of these prints, please email James directly at gntsmo33@gmail.com with one of the following in the subject header:

American Psycho REGULAR

American Psycho VARIANT

American Psycho BOTH

(First come, first served)

master15

file.php

file.php

If you're interested in purchasing one or both of these prints, please email James directly at gntsmo33@gmail.com with one of the following in the subject header:

American Psycho REGULAR

American Psycho VARIANT

American Psycho BOTH

I adore this.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
That Martin Ansen GoT print is gonna have ridiculous resell value methinks. Shame, its a nice print.

It's going to be hard for him to ever top his Phantom of the Opera.

30_phantom-full.jpg

I would seriously fight someone Thunderdome style for this print.

Six month average of $1618 :'(

omgkitty

It's going to be hard for him to ever top his Phantom of the Opera.

30_phantom-full.jpg

I would seriously fight someone Thunderdome style for this print.

Six month average of $1618 :'(

I would do terrible, unthinkable things for an entire set of Ansin posters. I'd also probably kill a man for an entire set of Olly Moss posters. Just putting my offers out there haha

omgkitty

Hey, hey, there's a queue! :p

Will pay good moneys for Olly Moss print!

Haha don't fight guys! The Olly Moss prints that have been announced so far don't have a price on them yet, but it can be anywhere from $50 to $100 when you start talking about the Mondo releases. I would have to assume stuff like the Cloud print won't be that expensive, probably being somewhere in the $20 range. Good luck to you guys. It's almost impossible to find a helper at SDCC at this point unfortunately unless you know people.

Most people at SDCC are going to be standing in lines for hours for what they want. They don't want to spend hours in line for other people while they lose out on the stuff they want.

Nothing wrong with asking, you might get lucky as some people basically do just go to make money off getting the exclusives and if your willing to pay they will. But good luck even though tons of people are going.

LaneDS

A question for anyone familiar with framing/archiving/etc:

A few months ago I had my reg Moss Totoro framed at a local shop (thankfully not a Michaels or something similar). Recently, as I've been reading more and more about the proper ways to archive prints, I've started to worry that I might've accidentally "ruined" the print (not the print itself really, but the value) by having it wet mounted or dry mounted.

I spoke with the framer and learned that they never use wet mount techniques, and did not use a dry mount on mine because of the dark colors. Instead they used a "cold mount" technique with an acid free material called Gudy, which is archival and ph neutral. Has anyone heard of this technique before? I couldn't find anything about it on EB.

All things considered, it doesn't matter too much to me because I can't imagine selling this print. That said, it would make me a bit sad if I've ruined its collector value on accident.

I'd still like to hear more opinions on this.

keiichi

Cancellation reason provided by the shop owner: Shop owner cannot complete transaction Message from the seller: It is with my deepest regret and sincerest apology that I have to cancel these Adventure Time prints. I have a professional relationship with Cartoon Network and Mondo (the official licensee of Adventure Time art prints) and I was asked as politely as possible to not fulfill them. Because I work for them and these are not official releases there is a conflict of interest that I had not considered before offering the prints. I am issuing you a full refund right now. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email me at jjwharrison@gmail.com. Again, I am so terribly sorry about this. JJ If you have questions about your order, please contact the shop owner. If the reason provided is inaccurate, or you believe that this transaction was canceled in error, please contact trust@etsy.com.

Thanks for using Etsy

Awww, no Adventure Time prints :(

Im surprised that on expressobeans you didn't mention that the hand of the king pin is stabbing Cersei. She never did get along with and of the hands.

Hmmm, I never got that from the poster though.

7/12/2012:

Thor Artist Proof Edition by Martin Ansin

mondo-thor-avengers-poster.jpg

24″ x 36″ screenprint, has an AP edition of 52, and will cost $125.

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff @ around 2 PM CST.

Thor Variant Artist Proof Edition by Martin Ansin

Thor-Variant.jpg

24″ x 36″ glow in the dark screenprint, has an AP edition of 33, and will cost $250.

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff @ around 2 PM CST.

The Hulk Artist Proof Edition by Ken Taylor

e1335371200.jpg

24″ x 36″ screenprint, has an AP edition of 35, and will cost $100

file.php

file.php

American Psycho REGULAR

American Psycho VARIANT

American Psycho BOTH

Variants sold out.

matowest

Neo Member
Gallery 1988s Bourne Legacy print:

tumblr_m70gidqmjY1rr18wao1_400.jpg

Info:
We teamed up with Universal Pictures and artist Matt Owen to create this awesome Bourne Legacy screenprint that will be given away exclusively at Comic-Con. They’ll be numbered and only out of an edition of 200, so be on the lookout. Here’s all we know…

Text Intel to 834567 or follow @OperationIntel to find out how to get yours.

Join Operation Intel and be part of the legacy here: www.thebournelegacyintel.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom