• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

That would be Olivia Wilde and Chris Hemsworth. How about we get some Oliva Wilde prints up in here? huh?

Edit: Ah man that Hellboy 2 print is awesome, wish I had money.

Man, it's really hard to tell that's her with the blonde hair and hat on.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o

Messi

Man, it's really hard to tell that's her with the blonde hair and hat on.

should have gone with this?

reg_634.wilde.hems.cm.4212.jpg

Risible

There's at least three there that I'd be interested in, but I've got too many posters, and too many bills lately. If anything, I should be selling some of them, like you. :/

Yeah, I know that feeling. I hate to give them up because once they're gone they're so hard to get back :(. But like you I need the money, so I gotta do what I gotta do.

That would be Olivia Wilde and Chris Hemsworth. How about we get some Oliva Wilde prints up in here? huh?

Edit: Ah man that Hellboy 2 print is awesome, wish I had money.

I'm not saying it because I'm trying to sell it - it is freaking gorgeous. Ken Taylor is an amazing artist.

KlotePino

Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to stay awake... If someone could pick one up for me that'd be amazing. I know I'm just a junior member but I promise I'm good for it! And I'll wake up early tomorrow to see if I missed it or it just didn't go up yet.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I've got an Englert "This Is My Farm" in the cart. Let me know if anyone here is interested in it, I can snag it for you.

Edit 1: OK, or it could just not be in my cart anymore. That's weird, it disappeared way faster than 30 minutes...

Edit 2: Regulars and Regular / Variant sets still in peoples carts. Now to play the waiting game.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Man, just when I said to myself "Okay, that's enough posters for a while", out comes that Adventure Time one.

The Samurai Jack one there is also pretty ace.

Moss

Are you guys as excited about SDCC as I am? I think my favourite print I've ever done drops there. It's torture not being able to share any of it yet. I've been working on it for so long.

Also, come say hi! I'll be at the Mondo booth and also just walking around ogling the toys.

Are you guys as excited about SDCC as I am? I think my favourite print I've ever done drops there. It's torture not being able to share any of it yet. I've been working on it for so long.

Also, come say hi! I'll be at the Mondo booth and also just walking around ogling the toys.

Not really, more stuff I can't get.

I can't go so am I excited to pay ridiculous prices for your stuff on ebay? Nope. I still really want them, though.

Sigma722

In the same boat as those guys. Can't make it. Pretty bummed.

Will there be any chance of snagging some of your stuff outside of the show?

And you releasing your favorite piece there, kind of blows my mind. Can't wait to see it.

Moss

In the same boat as those guys. Can't make it. Pretty bummed.

Will there be any chance of snagging some of your stuff outside of the show?

And you releasing your favorite piece there, kind of blows my mind. Can't wait to see it.

I think you'll get a pretty decent shot at at least one of them.

Meier

Oh shit Game of Thrones from Mondo.. *explodes*

HBO has teamed with Austin-based collectible arts boutique Mondo (of Alamo Drafthouse fame) to launch a series of limited edition screen-printed posters to be released at Comic-Con this week. Below are new images by artists Martin Ansin, Vania Zouravliov and Daniel Danger (OK, I want to change my name to Daniel Danger now). The posters will be gradually made available throughout the week at Mondo’s booth (#437; for more detail follow @Mondotees). Also, be sure to check out EW.com’s InsideTV blog on Friday for our coverage of the Game of Thrones Comic-Con panel (in fact, it’s the same day as the panels for the Firefly reunion, The Walking Dead, Spartacus and Breaking Bad — so just park your browser here and let us run around the San Diego convention center for you).
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/10/game-of-thrones-comic-con-posters/

Martin Ansin

Daniel Danger

Vania (? not familiar)

Click pictures for hi-res version.

OH! MY! GOD!!!!

Hey Olly, is there a recommended day to bring posters for you to sign? Would help to know cause they might be hard to carry for four days.

Tonza

I need that Ansin GoT poster. Have been debating whether to get his Thor but they are still hovering around 200$.

I really like Ansin's work.

Meier

Ooh, I definitely remember the 13 Assassins print. That Dracula one is trippy. Very stylish artist, that's for sure!

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
A question for anyone familiar with framing/archiving/etc:

A few months ago I had my reg Moss Totoro framed at a local shop (thankfully not a Michaels or something similar). Recently, as I've been reading more and more about the proper ways to archive prints, I've started to worry that I might've accidentally "ruined" the print (not the print itself really, but the value) by having it wet mounted or dry mounted.

I spoke with the framer and learned that they never use wet mount techniques, and did not use a dry mount on mine because of the dark colors. Instead they used a "cold mount" technique with an acid free material called Gudy, which is archival and ph neutral. Has anyone heard of this technique before? I couldn't find anything about it on EB.

All things considered, it doesn't matter too much to me because I can't imagine selling this print. That said, it would make me a bit sad if I've ruined its collector value on accident.

Sigma722

A question for anyone familiar with framing/archiving/etc:

A few months ago I had my reg Moss Totoro framed at a local shop (thankfully not a Michaels or something similar). Recently, as I've been reading more and more about the proper ways to archive prints, I've started to worry that I might've accidentally "ruined" the print (not the print itself really, but the value) by having it wet mounted or dry mounted.

I spoke with the framer and learned that they never use wet mount techniques, and did not use a dry mount on mine because of the dark colors. Instead they used a "cold mount" technique with an acid free material called Gudy, which is archival and ph neutral. Has anyone heard of this technique before? I couldn't find anything about it on EB.

All things considered, it doesn't matter too much to me because I can't imagine selling this print. That said, it would make me a bit sad if I've ruined its collector value on accident.

It is now worthless. But the good news is I will take it off your hands.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Not a fan of the Ansin piece. The placement of the characters seems odd and the imagery of the panther things and the wolf attacking the stag doesn't seem to fit at all.

omgkitty

Not a fan of the Ansin piece. Doesn't seem like he's too aware of the fiction, with the jaguars / wolf attacking the stag.

Robb is more important in the show than Jon, those aren't jaguars and he even included all of the swords from the show in the piece. I think he knows.

Edit: I also stole all this information from Mockingbird (Cel) haha I haven't read the books. I've only watched the show.

Not a fan of the Ansin piece. The placement of the characters seems odd and the imagery of the panther things and the wolf attacking the stag doesn't seem to fit at all.

I saw it as lions attacking the stag, and the wolves are chasing the lions.

EDIT: barely noticed the dragon!

Robb is more important in the show than Jon, those aren't jaguars and he even included all of the swords from the show in the piece. I think he knows.

And is that Robert's warhammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom