• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UP NOW -- Breaking Bad #10:

The Lily of the Valley by Phantom City Creative

framec10.png

Edition of 300. Hand-numbered. $50.

How to buy online: http://admitwhatyoudid.com/bg/awud/ soon

Not sure if these are signed though.

Whoa. The Lily of the Valley sold out already. Quickest sell out in the series thus far.

It says they are on the link, what makes you think they wouldn't be?

Because usually Phantom City Creative prints as well as other prints from international artists are not signed. Might be an oversite on G1988's part. Was the Jesse Pinkman one signed?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
THe portrait and variant/reg st is sold out. Everything else is still add to cart so its still available. keep tryin

I kind of wish I'd known it was a "hold item in cart" system, rather than a first to checkout one like Mondo. PayPal occasionally defaults to my old address for shipping. So, in my scramble, I just clicked the "submit order" button like a madman.

I still have friends living there, so it's not a problem. It's just a hassle driving out there just to pick up a package.

Sigma722

Because usually Phantom City Creative prints as well as other prints from international artists are not signed. Might be an oversite on G1988's part. Was the Jesse Pinkman one signed?

Nope - but unless they changed in on the page, i don't believe it was every advertised as such.

I feel like that might be a reasonable loophole to get some dollars back, ha, but that's just me. It doesn't matter because I didn't get one anyways. Got it all the way to the checkout screen and didn't pull the trigger.

I really like the Rhys Cooper one, and can't decide if I'd have wanted this one more if I'd have known it was coming. Really subtle/pretty print.

There are about 8 Walking Dead farm prints left, if anyone is still trying.

Nope - but unless they changed in on the page, i don't believe it was every advertised as such.

I feel like that might be a reasonable loophole to get some dollars back, ha, but that's just me. It doesn't matter because I didn't get one anyways. Got it all the way to the checkout screen and didn't pull the trigger.

I really like the Rhys Cooper one, and can't decide if I'd have wanted this one more if I'd have known it was coming. Really subtle/pretty print.

Ah yeah you're right. I got one. I hope it's signed, but would not be surprised if it were not.

omgkitty

Don't know if any of you guys have heard of this website, but it's called Silver Screen Society. They pick a film and then several artists to do a print each for the film and post them on their website. Almost none of these ever get released as I'm pretty sure it's just for fun, which is a shame because there are some really awesome ideas in there. Anyways, I'm bringing this up because right now they're doing Fellowship of the Ring, which makes me wish Mondo would pick up this print:

Joao%20Fonte%20-%20The_Fellowship_of_the_Ring1.jpg

Meier

That Fellowship design is lovely. Breaking Bad print is probably about the first one I've liked from the series. Very sharp.

Don't usually post band posters but this is pretty sweet:

Devo by The Little Friends of Printmaking

577493_278720755558070_77572719_n-1.jpg

DEVO silkscreen print:
NOW IT CAN BE TOLD: the Little Friends have definitive visual proof that DE-EVOLUTION IS REAL! This new print, commissioned by Warner Bros. Records to celebrate their 50th anniversary, is a must-have, packed with references and visual goodies. Get it NOW!
[19" x 25"] ......$25

How to buy online: http://thelittlefriendsofprintmaking.com/oops/

Don't know if it's a limited edition or not.

Meier

Btw, that dude who did the badass Metroid design has some other really sharp stuff up on Society6.. I am tempted to buy one of the Metroid Prime iPhone cases but I know I'm going to replace it in a few months so I'll probably pass. :(

Tyler Stout will give you a free Tyler Stout sticker if you go watch Prometheus and mail him your ticket stub.

Details here: http://tstoutinfo.blogspot.com/2012/07/brometheus.html

FRIDAY, JULY 6, 2012

Brometheus
so, i really enjoyed the movie Prometheus. saw it three times already. just saw it again last night. and i though, 'hey, wouldn't it be fun to offer a free sticker to anyone that sends me their Prometheus ticket stub in the mail?'

and sarah was like 'that is going to be a logistical nightmare.' and i was like 'done.'

so, if you have a honest ticket stub (not some weird piece of paper or computer printout), and mail it to

tyler stout
16201 NE Caples RD
Brush Prairie WA 98606

i will mail you a sticker. maybe it will even be prometheus themed (OR MAYBE IT WON'T). it might take me four months to mail it out. or it might take 4 weeks. but regardless, if you're wanting a sticker, probably a 4" circle sticker, mail me your ticket stub.

RULES. theres always gotta be some rules.
1. one sticker per household. don't send me like 10 ticket stubs and expect 10 stickers. one envelope, one ticket stub, one sticker. don't send 2 envelopes. just one.

2. it has to be an actual ticket stub. that is recognizable as a ticket stub. otherwise you could just make something in photoshop and print it out. am i right? yes.

3. your envelope has to have your address on it. i can use new envelopes, but i need to have an address.

4. i think this is for USA residents only, unless you live overseas / canada and know that shipping a letter to you from the USA isn't like 10 bucks. i have no idea. if its under a dollar shipping the sticker back to you, i'm fine with doing it. but if its like 10$, then no.

5. one PROMETHEUS ticket stub. in an envelope. mailed to me. done.

FAQ:
Q: i already saw prometheus but didn't keep my ticket stub? what can i do?
A: go see it again? the rules of this particular game depend on a ticket stub.

Q: why do you (tstout) care if we see prometheus?
A: no reason, its just for fun. i liked the movie, figured i'd come up with a pointless contest to get people to see it. i have no agenda at all. i do not reap financial rewards from the films box office. although, selfishly, i hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel. or even a trilogy.

Q: i sent you an envelope / ticket stub, and never got anything back.
A: well, its kinda on the honor system here. you're not giving me money, i'm not selling anything. i will return stickers to those whose envelopes / ticket stubs i get, but if it gets lost in the mail or something, there's no tracking on these. i'll put on my site when i've mailed off stickers. and my guess is i'll probably get one or two of these letters. since really, who uses the mail anymore to send letters? not many of us. but i will try my hardest, i have no reason to lie.

Q: i hated this movie!
A: totally fine. again, this is just a random fun thing. fun for me at least.

Q: can i add anything else to the letter?
A: just a ticket stub. for prometheus. a real ticket stub. no funny business.

Man it has been a while since I've seen that season.

I only remember it because of how funny it is. Jesse and Walt were stuck inside the RV while
Hank is waiting outside, and the junkyard guy suddenly become s a lawyer asking if he was a search warrant and such. classic funny

nateeasy

Banned
How To Hook Up Your Home Theater

WDGFP01XL.jpg

"How To Hook Up Your Home Theater"
Goofy made a welcome return to the big screen in 2007 with the hilarious animated short How to Hook Up Your Home Theater. The film premiered in front of the Disney movie National Treasure: Book of Secrets, and features Goofy purchasing a home theater system and attempting to hook up the maze of wiring and attachments himself, with predictable results. This individually numbered, limited edition giclée is personally signed by the film's directors Kevin Deters and Stevie Wermers-Skelton.

Limited Edition Giclee on Paper
Printed on acid-free archival paper
295 piece hand-numbered edition
Comes with Certificate of Authenticity
Available framed
Measurements: 13 inches by 19 inches

How to buy online: http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/product/WDGFP01/How-To-Hook-Up....html?cid=

I like that a lot. This one is awesome too.

http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/product/WDINT02a/Goofy-Takes-A-Break.html?cid=

WDINT02.jpg

Limited Edition Giclee on Paper
150 piece hand-numbered edition
Comes with Certificate of Authenticity
Measurements: 13" x 19"
Available framed
Also available in an signed canvas edition

Slow news day, so here are some in-stock prints some may be interested in.

These were for Gallery 1988's Alice: Madness Returns art show, officially sponsored by EA.

Adventures First...Explanations Take Such a Dreadful Time by Kevin Tong

tumblr_lti9waP4151qkjgi7o1_500.jpg

36x24" Individually Signed & Numbered Custom Screen Print Poster. Edition of 250 printed.

Price: $60.00

How to buy online: http://alice2store.com/alice-art/gallery-1988-art-pieces/kevin-tong-screenprint-variant

Alice: Madness Returns by Ken Taylor

alicecomp.jpg

12x36" Individually Numbered, Custom Screen Print Poster. Edition of 250 printed.

Price: $40.00

How to buy online: http://alice2store.com/alice-art/gallery-1988-art-pieces/ken-taylor-screen-print

winstano

If there's anyone going to SDCC that has a chance to pick an Olly Moss Cloud print on my behalf, I'd gladly pay them for their troubles! Doesn't seem like it's going to be available elsewhere, but I'd love to get one!

Mark Englert
"You Are My Lucky Star"
12 x 36 inches
signed & numbered screenprint, edition TBD (less than 150)
$50.00
starting Friday at 1 PM, Booth #405

KlotePino

Slow news day, so here are some in-stock prints some may be interested in.

These were for Gallery 1988's Alice: Madness Returns art show, officially sponsored by EA.

Adventures First...Explanations Take Such a Dreadful Time by Kevin Tong

tumblr_lti9waP4151qkjgi7o1_500.jpg

36x24" Individually Signed & Numbered Custom Screen Print Poster. Edition of 250 printed.

Price: $60.00

How to buy online: http://alice2store.com/alice-art/gallery-1988-art-pieces/kevin-tong-screenprint-variant

I haven't even played Alice yet but loved this print so I picked it up. I'm a sucker for this style of painting, especially with that sky changing colour in the background. Hope it's a nice print that captures the colours. Thanks for the headsup!

EDIT: Damn, just saw the Iron Giant, that one's beautiful. I hate how there's so many already on eBay selling for double to triple the price...THAT AIN'T RIGHT.

Messi

If anyone could pick me up one of these, I would literally be your best friend in the world!

I wish I had money, but I am saving money hoping a breaking bad print catches my eye like 'For Jesse Pinkman' did. Still looking for a copy of that. I would love that Alien print though.

omgkitty

I wish I had money, but I am saving money hoping a breaking bad print catches my eye like 'For Jesse Pinkman' did. Still looking for a copy of that. I would love that Alien print though.

Who's in the avatar messi? That doesn't look like Olivia Wilde!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom