• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gallery 1988s Bourne Legacy print:

tumblr_m70gidqmjY1rr18wao1_400.jpg

Info:
We teamed up with Universal Pictures and artist Matt Owen to create this awesome Bourne Legacy screenprint that will be given away exclusively at Comic-Con. They’ll be numbered and only out of an edition of 200, so be on the lookout. Here’s all we know…

Text Intel to 834567 or follow @OperationIntel to find out how to get yours.

Join Operation Intel and be part of the legacy here: www.thebournelegacyintel.com

A simple yet fun print...and I hate that I can't get it because I'm not at SDCC...

omgkitty

Seriously. I'd ask my friend's dad or my cousin... But asking them to follow twitter when they have their own shit to do is not something I'd want to ask of them.

Yeah, that's what is really hard about finding someone for Mondo at SDCC. They drop at random times so you have to follow them on twitter and when it drops you pretty much need to drop everything and run over to the other side of the convention center. You either get someone who has no idea wtf is going on so they don't want to go or get someone who is going to go to Mondo regardless, but be screwed if they want the same print you do. It's kind of a lose - lose situation.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet jesus...that's...stunning. Thinking about what it's going to cost to obtain one (at some point I just know I'm going to break down and buy it) makes me cry.

Olly, if you're reading this, please save some of these and do a lottery or something. Give non-SDCC goers a chance to get one.

edit: is the BG the exact same as Totoro? (mountain, sun, etc)

omgkitty

Sweet jesus...that's...stunning. Thinking about what it's going to cost to obtain one (at some point I just know I'm going to break down and buy it) makes me cry.

Olly, if you're reading this, please save some of these and give some to us GAF members or something. Give non-SDCC goers a chance to get one.

I fixed it for you :'(

IronRinn

And so it begins.

Pissed I'm going to miss out on this, as I have a Totoro and would have liked a complete series, but thems the breaks. Still, there's something about the face at the bottom that really looks strange to me. I like how he used the landscape as a silhouette of the rest of the head and the face is where it should be in relation to that but it still looks off somehow.

LaneDS

And so it begins.

Pissed I'm going to miss out on this, as I have a Totoro and would have liked a complete series, but thems the breaks. Still, there's something about the face at the bottom that really looks strange to me. I like how he used the landscape as a silhouette of the rest of the head and the face is where it should be in relation to that but it still looks off somehow.

At least you've got the better looking one of the two!

Hoping to see Spirited Away eventually, but yes, it'll likely be impossible to get and cost an arm and a leg.

IronRinn

At least you've got the better looking one of the two!

Hoping to see Spirited Away eventually, but yes, it'll likely be impossible to get and cost an arm and a leg.

There is no way I will not get a Spirited Away, should there be one (which there most likely will).

Even if I have to harvest the arms and legs of a dozen individuals.

LIMB. HARVESTING.

Don't test me Mondo.

Dreweyes

...Hey fellow GAFers! I just launched my first Kickstarter (and yes it's art print related)!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreweyes/pixel-portrait-poster-project

WtyQQ.png

Creating 8-bit Pixel Portraits for Kickstarter Backers, and bringing them all together into a beautiful Limited Edition Art Print!

I figured some of you guys might be interested in this, being gamers and art lovers! Thanks for checking it out guys! ♥

Btw that Princess Mononoke poster is absolutely amazing!

J-Man

Yep...its a shame aint it...the story of my life

I think this thread is for two things:

1) All the amazing info on all the prints and how to get them; and
2) A support group for those miss out, to commiserate together!

Someday I'll be able to score an Olly Moss... right guys? But that is a beautiful print.

I think this thread is for two things:

1) All the amazing info on all the prints and how to get them; and
2) A support group for those miss out, to commiserate together!

Someday I'll be able to score an Olly Moss... right guys? But that is a beautiful print.

And for this week only, we all commiserate on missing out on SDCC prints for not being there.

As for an Olly Moss print, definitely. My only print from him so far is my Charmander.

omgkitty

There's only 100 Olly Moss Cloud prints out there :'(

GAF, I needs a hug.

Dude get even sadder. Supposedly most of the prints were sold out before the show doors were even open! Sold to a bunch of exhibitors. I'm mad because I had someone who said they would get me one.

winstano

Dude get even sadder. Supposedly most of the prints were sold out before the show doors were even open! Sold to a bunch of exhibitors. I'm mad because I had someone who said they would get me one.

Doesn't surprise me :( eBay, here I come. Provided someone can send one to the UK. Goddammit!

What a beautiful Princess Mononoke print; my heart fluttered when I scrolled down the page. I was a bit put out that I couldn't get the Totoro variant and I've spent a few months wondering if I should trade away my regular but the green color scheme is much better suited for Mononoke. It's settled then; I'll be in pursuit of the regulars for the rest of the Ghibli set.

Following OperationIntel on Twitter and all I can feel is the stab of pain in my heart knowing I can't own the damn Bourne print... ugh lol.

Meier

Oh man, I've never seen Adventure Time so I'm not attached to it by any means, but this Olly print that Mondo just tweeted is a stunner. The fin/finn touch is supremely classy.

616783969.jpg

rikichi

what are the chances of mondo re-releasing the same TDKR print from CC next week online?

Or how about an all new TDKR print online release for next week?

Scoured eBay for fun right now. I'm amused that most of the prints for sale, as well as exclusive SDCC items, have pictures taken in hotel rooms.

Saw some Bourne prints for sale... Contemplating for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom