• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

winstano

So who else got an Adventure Time one? I'll admit that I've never really cared for the show, but I like that print, and I know if I ever get in a bind, it's an investment...

Meier

So who else got an Adventure Time one? I'll admit that I've never really cared for the show, but I like that print, and I know if I ever get in a bind, it's an investment...

It's a great print.. super clever play on words. Couldn't care less about the show so I passed but if I was a fan I'd have been freaking especially given the relatively cheap price.

Grats to all who got something!

omgkitty

Get ready for an angry rant because I have one. This morning I overslept a little bit and decided to come in to work 30 minutes late, on today of all fucking days. I got the tweet (I've turned notifications on for Olly) and I start to panic. I immediately go to the site and try to add Mononoke and I do. I go to log in to Paypal and my fucking keyboard freezes up on my phone. I finally get it to work and my hands are literally shaking; I'm so angry and unnerved at this point it was ridiculous. I get logged in and then Paypal tells me I have to verify my account by them calling my cell phone! I couldn't fucking believe my luck on all of this. I'm literally sitting in my car yelling at my phone. I finally get it verified and get to checkout and they are all gone. I was so livid. The one print I have been waiting on and Olly does exactly what he says and drops them with no mention. My only luck today was the fact that I didn't kill myself driving down the interstate trying to do all of this.

IronRinn

Carted that one 2 or 3 times, but I decided to wait. I'm tapped out at this point. Mononoke was already a stretch but there was no way I was going to ever get it that cheap again. Will try to land a Finn at a later date.

Messi

This shit makes me so angry because ....

Get ready for an angry rant because I have one. This morning I overslept a little bit and decided to come in to work 30 minutes late, on today of all fucking days. I got the tweet (I've turned notifications on for Olly) and I start to panic. I immediately go to the site and try to add Mononoke and I do. I go to log in to Paypal and my fucking keyboard freezes up on my phone. I finally get it to work and my hands are literally shaking; I'm so angry and unnerved at this point it was ridiculous. I get logged in and then Paypal tells me I have to verify my account by them calling my cell phone! I couldn't fucking believe my luck on all of this. I'm literally sitting in my car yelling at my phone. I finally get it verified and get to checkout and they are all gone. I was so livid. The one print I have been waiting on and Olly does exactly what he says and drops them with no mention. My only luck today was the fact that I didn't kill myself driving down the interstate trying to do all of this.

...people like omgkitty here, who really wanted the print not just to flip it. Get screwed over.

omgkitty

This shit makes me so angry because ....

...people like omgkitty here, who really wanted the print not just to flip it. Get screwed over.

Thanks Messi. Most people on EB took my rant as me being a whiner, and I kind of am whining, but my luck was fucking terrible, and the worst part is that I blame myself (and Paypal). Hopefully I can grab a variant. The only thing that sucks is I haven't bought a Totoro yet, and I either want a complete set of regs or variants, and the variants can go for up to $600 :(

It's also nice to see that there are already 3 for sale on EB from today....fuckers.

Sigma722

Thanks Messi. Most people on EB took my rant as me being a whiner, and I kind of am whining, but my luck was fucking terrible, and the worst part is that I blame myself (and Paypal). Hopefully I can grab a variant. The only thing that sucks is I haven't bought a Totoro yet, and I either want a complete set of regs or variants, and the variants can go for up to $600 :(

I know what you mean there. I've been wanting to shoot for the variants for a while, but DAMN! That Totoro!!

Now that I have a reg, I will still shoot for the var, but if I don't get it then it means I can be more open about a Totoro reg.

And I don't think they think you are whining so much as concerned for safety :)

omgkitty

I know what you mean there. I've been wanting to shoot for the variants for a while, but DAMN! That Totoro!!

Now that I have a reg, I will still shoot for the var, but if I don't get it then it means I can be more open about a Totoro reg.

And I don't think they think you are whining so much as concerned for safety :)

This is true. I'd much rather have been at work and scored than on the interstate wrecking because I can't see through my bitter tears.

Oh man, missed everything, saw the link like 10 minutes after they sold out... was in bed still.
I just hope I do not miss the Mononoke Variant sale because that is the one I want the most to go with my Totoro Variant. :/

omgkitty

Jesus, even regular Totoros are crazy expensive now.. rough.

Someone offered me one for $300. I had to pass for the time being because I just bought a Moss Zelda for $220. So much money, all of it spent on Moss prints, and none of the money going to Moss.

Messi

How much of a size difference is there between a print that is 17x23 vs 20x28. I know that is a stupid question btw. But I cant find pictures online.

omgkitty

How much of a size difference is there between a print that is 17x23 vs 20x28. I know that is a stupid question btw. But I cant find pictures online.

Is this because you're Irish and the inches confuse you? (I'm not making fun of you, those A3 / A4 sizes confuse the hell out of me). Try this. I didn't really look through it, so it may not help.

Sigma722

since they are similar rations, it is about 1.5 times the size if you have a 17x23 for reference.......

Are you local to KC? Wanna have adventures after the show?

Nope, making a road trip down. This whole trip is going to be a ridiculous last-minute throw-together-shamble kind of thing. I had a friend who was going but now he might have to work, and I'll have to find a poster mule. My mom lives between me and KC so I might just take her...

Up later today:

Alien Double Bill by Godmachine

tumblr_m7qvuuOTd71qbdhv3.jpg

24”x18”
5 colour screen print
Hand numbered
Edition of 180
Printed by Seizure Palace Printing

How to buy online: http://www.tommygood.com/ @ a random time.

Why does that Alien remind me more of the Leviathan from the Avengers than an actual Xenomorph?

Still looks cool though and I now have the urge to watch both Alien & Aliens later.

Anything I need to do ahead of time with the Acid Free site? Really want that Bigfoot but I don't see any any member sections so I'm assuming just Paypal?

Anything I need to do ahead of time with the Acid Free site? Really want that Bigfoot but I don't see any any member sections so I'm assuming just Paypal?

It's big cartel so once you cart it, it's yours. And it's not sold out until the add to cart button is replaced with the words "SOLD OUT." Expect cart hoarding.

J-Man

Just back from vacation, and how time flies in just a week. Missed a ton of drops. The stuff I wanted were APs, so I probably wouldn't have score any anyways (I wanted that Mononoke...).

Is Mondo done with Adventure Time? I had no clue what that was, had to use wiki to find out. Seems like they made plenty of prints based on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom