• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risible

Just so you know, Mondo has already posted that they will be selling some online this coming week. The theater in KC only has something around 70 seats, and I would assume the run will be around 300 to 400, so you should have a shot at getting one then if you can't get someone to get you one at the show.

Thanks omgkitty. We both know what a crap shoot it is to get one off the Mondo site though :(. I love The Goonies too much to leave it to chance :).

omgkitty

Thought I'd post this here asking for any help I can get. If anyone here already has a Moss Mononoke or doesn't want one, I'd like some help. I know he has still yet to release his variant. I posted my sob story on Thursday about trying to get the regular, and I can't fail again. I've got my Twitter notifications on for Olly and can only hope that I will be at a computer when it drops, but of course nothing is guaranteed. So, if anyone here could try to get one and would help me out, I would be in your debt. I'll be trying to get one as well obviously, but of course if I do get one, and so do you, you'll either have an amazing print, or you'll have something worth a lot of money.

matowest

Neo Member
Thought I'd post this here asking for any help I can get. If anyone here already has a Moss Mononoke or doesn't want one, I'd like some help. I know he has still yet to release his variant. I posted my sob story on Thursday about trying to get the regular, and I can't fail again. I've got my Twitter notifications on for Olly and can only hope that I will be at a computer when it drops, but of course nothing is guaranteed. So, if anyone here could try to get one and would help me out, I would be in your debt. I'll be trying to get one as well obviously, but of course if I do get one, and so do you, you'll either have an amazing print, or you'll have something worth a lot of money.

I'd be happy to help PB for you if I can. No promises, of course, but I will try.

matowest

Neo Member
I understand. I'm just trying to put out as many feelers as possible. Thanks for your help!

Absolutely, sir. I've got a few days off coming up this week, so it might put me in a better position to help. Already added Moss' tweets to my text messages, so here's hoping.

EDIT: Do his sales operate on a bigcartel-style store or just random pop-up and sell-til-it's-gone? I caught the tail end of his drop the other day and everything was gone, so I couldn't tell.

omgkitty

Absolutely, sir. I've got a few days off coming up this week, so it might put me in a better position to help. Already added Moss' tweets to my text messages, so here's hoping.

EDIT: Do his sales operate on a bigcartel-style store or just random pop-up and sell-til-it's-gone? I caught the tail end of his drop the other day and everything was gone, so I couldn't tell.

He tweets out the link to the website, and it's just a paypal link on his site. You login to paypal and pay and you're done! There is no carting or anything. They're gone when you pay for them.

matowest

Neo Member
He tweets out the link to the website, and it's just a paypal link on his site. You login to paypal and pay and you're done! There is no carting or anything. They're gone when you pay for them.

Ah, gotcha. Will keep my eye out, man. Good luck to us both!

Meier

Got my Olly Dark Knight Rises in the mail. It's much bluer than you'd expect.

No golden ticket for me. :*( Got my hopes up at first since I heard something sliding but then I realized it was probably the manifest. It was.

omgkitty

Got my Olly Dark Knight Rises in the mail. It's much bluer than you'd expect.

No golden ticket for me. :*( Got my hopes up at first since I heard something sliding but then I realized it was probably the manifest. It was.

Thank goodness! This world doesn't need an Olly Moss Oasis / Man City poster lol

Sigma722

Still waiting for my Dark Knight Rises print

I really wish they would have shipped them out in order of order received. Pretty sure I would be in the first 20 if they had, due to them putting it up for sale for a split second the day before the official release... Sigh. Hopefully that was the trick to getting the golden ticket though :).

omgkitty

I really wish they would have shipped them out in order of order received. Pretty sure I would be in the first 20 if they had, due to them putting it up for sale for a split second the day before the official release... Sigh. Hopefully that was the trick to getting the golden ticket though :).

I'm hoping that they plan on giving the ticket to someone who ordered early and are just working their way backwards because of it. I guess I'm hoping this because I ordered in the first 5 minutes.

Meier

I stayed up and ordered right after midnight and my print is like number 900 something. No clue if there's any rhyme or reason to the mailing.. I imagine Austin buyers are getting them earliest.

omgkitty

1343421742-goonies_poster.jpg

Risible

I was hoping it wasn't good so that I wouldn't be desperately searching for it. Unfortunately it rocks. Now I have to hope to win the Mondo lottery when it drops :(.

Dookkake, if you see someone with an extra today that's willing to part with it please keep me in mind.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Got my Avengers and Toy Story back from the framing place. What do you guys think?

njzzH.jpg

Frame is metallic with another black frame underneath.

1l5wo.jpg

The frame looks darker in this image than it is in real life. It matches the dark blue/purple of the poster fairly well.

omgkitty

Olly posted this on EB. I asked him about his process for creating a piece and how it changes over time.

olly said:
Here's a rough approximation of the process. Sometimes that first shitty sketch is a pencil sketch in my book, sometimes it's a digital doodle. It all depends on where I am and what I have access to. In this case it was straight into photoshop.

7677925748_f278581665_o.png

omgkitty

Since no one seemed to care about Olly's stuff that I posted, here's more!

olly said:
First Evil Dead sketch.

5277887111_ecc1a575ae.jpg

First Batman (Wanted to have bruce wayne originally but it worked better with the cowl)

5981270218_946e073180.jpg

First Empire

4743719294_5002734149_z.jpg

First Hydra

5760725111_29bd783077.jpg

First Cap

5836427560_d14fd9ba4e.jpg

(actually wish I had gone with something close to this in the final Cap design)

5998391812_9f13ef5d3c_b.jpg

First werewolf.

Sometimes the concept changes entirely. This was the first rough Black Widow thing that I did a complete 180 on.

7042028737_eddf6e2529_o.png

Here's his comment on the Black Widow sketch:

olly said:
Yeah my original concept was to do a straight up 60s homage/spy poster. But it just ended up looking like a floating head poster to me. Maybe one day I will just drymounting draw some dudes on a movie poster... who knows.

IronRinn

Really dig that first idea for Black Widow, if only because it's so different from his usual work.

Interesting to see how little difference there is in initial idea to finished piece. He seems to nail it down pretty early on.

Sigma722

I can't remember if dreweyes posted this back a few pages or not..

Anyways, he is doing a kickstarter, and the idea is that you get a pixel portrait done. At certain levels, you can get the limited poster print that will have all of the portraits included.

The project has been super successful so far, and since it is a limited poster, I thought you guys might like it as the project is guaranteed now.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreweyes/pixel-portrait-poster-project

Sample poster from page:

67ca1830f938779f75443a1474ca1375_large.png

omgkitty

*fap fap fap*

downside is will have to nab another Moss Ghibli variant, which can be expensive if you miss the drop

No kidding. I don't even have a Totoro or Mononoke yet. My only hope is that I can get one of the variants when he drops them. Only hard part about that is trying to decide if I keep the variant if I can get one and then pay $600+ for a variant Totoro or sell the variant and try to buy all regulars.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I'd be happy with just a Totoro.

<-- I mean, c'mon.

<-- C'MON.

I might be partial to a Spirited Away one too, depending on the design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom