• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up now!

Dark Shadows Artist Proof Edition by Ghostco ( http://ghostco.org/ )

74_darkshadows.jpg

5-color silkscreened poster originally printed by Mondo Posters. Signed and numbered. Edition of 35. 24 X 36

$55.00 USD shipped (US only)

How to buy online: http://ghostco.org/index.php/shop/shop/

wow, kinda' glad (but not really) that i completely missed the olly drops. spent too much on prints lately. i mean i could squeeze another one in but then i think i'd be single rather quickly... ;)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
wow, kinda' glad (but not really) that i completely missed the olly drops. spent too much on prints lately. i mean i could squeeze another one in but then i think i'd be single rather quickly... ;)

be glad you didn't go to Comic-Con... I didn't realize it was possible to spend as much as I did on prints in 4 days

Actually, there are 2 on eBay right now, one with a buy it now of like $60, t-shirt included. Not a bad deal if you're interested.

Huh, not bad as the shirt's kinda cool really.

Guess I'll scour ebay today. Luckily with the way the print is, I can just grab a simple frame from ikea for it.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Wish the Lord of the Rings posters were also $60!

To be fair, it was a three poster set. At the $200 price, you're effectively paying ~$67 per poster. It's just that you're forced to buy them in a set, rather than individually.

A lot of APs from well-known artists go for $100+. Moss' recent drops are one example.

matowest

Neo Member
To be fair, it was a three poster set. At the $200 price, you're effectively paying ~$67 per poster. It's just that you're forced to buy them in a set, rather than individually.

A lot of APs from well-known artists go for $100+. Moss' recent drops are one example.

I agree. $200 is totally reasonable, I think, for what you're getting. They're beautiful, for sure, but I doubt I'd ever hang them.

You can probably find them for a few bucks cheaper on EB if you're really after them.

Got my Bigfoot. Went with the regular edition. I would have gone with the variant for the guy with binoculars but wasn't really feeling the river or glow in the dark.

Blazing Saddles by Brandon Schaefer

blazingsaddles.jpg

limited edition fine art giclee print

signed and numbered by the artist

edition of 120 prints

18" x 24" $40

How to buy online: http://store.spoke-art.com/collecti...ies/products/brandon-schaefer-blazing-saddles

SpaceBalls by Brandon Schaefer

spaceballs.jpg

edition of 120 prints

18" x 24" $40.

How to buy online: http://store.spoke-art.com/collecti...e-series/products/brandon-schaefer-spaceballs

Get them both for $60 -- http://store.spoke-art.com/collecti...ries/products/brandon-schaefer-mel-brooks-set

Blazing Saddles by Brandon Schaefer

blazingsaddles.jpg

edition of 120 prints

18" x 24" $40

How to buy online: http://store.spoke-art.com/collecti...ies/products/brandon-schaefer-blazing-saddles

SpaceBalls by Brandon Schaefer

spaceballs.jpg

edition of 120 prints

18" x 24" $40.

How to buy online: http://store.spoke-art.com/collecti...e-series/products/brandon-schaefer-spaceballs

Get them both for $60 -- http://store.spoke-art.com/collecti...ries/products/brandon-schaefer-mel-brooks-set
Excellent. I picked them both up.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Back from the framer I love how the mat and the red highlights in the black frame nearly match up with the two main coloros in the print:

Whalen - Toy Story
7657108142_d4f23dcb50_b.jpg

7657109478_93ebb8e863_b.jpg

7657110116_f7f4b9f75c_b.jpg

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
If anyone likes that Toy Story print, I'm probably selling mine in the next few weeks. :p

I can see that it's not for everyone, but I like that new BB print. I can totally see myself hanging that up in my office.

OK so the guy who gave me the tickets for the Goonies event hasn't responded to my emails or PM's about PayPal ing me the money for his poster. I sent one early this AM and another about an hour ago. I know he's reading the PMs on EB. At what point do I start worrying? I know if he doesn't do it today theres no way I'll get the money in my bank account by tomorrow...

OK so the guy who gave me the tickets for the Goonies event hasn't responded to my emails or PM's about PayPal ing me the money for his poster. I sent one early this AM and another about an hour ago. I know he's reading the PMs on EB. At what point do I start worrying? I know if he doesn't do it today theres no way I'll get the money in my bank account by tomorrow...

Wait, so you have the tickets but don't have the poster money?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

eh, you're all good. You have the paper. he'll pay you if he wants the poster, and if he doesn't pay you, you'll be able to off-load it. And Mondo takes credit cards

(PS bring a tube since Mondo won't have them, your PB will appreciate)

Meier

(PS bring a tube since Mondo won't have them, your PB will appreciate)

Where do you guys even buy tubes? I've asked at a few places and no one actually seems to sell them. I've had to use two of my own from other prints when selling before.

r.e. Print cost: Iron Giant was $60 but most of the Mondo sales in person are $40 or $45 so I'm guessing it'll be somewhere in that range.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Where do you guys even buy tubes? I've asked at a few places and no one actually seems to sell them. I've had to use two of my own from other prints when selling before.

r.e. Print cost: Iron Giant was $60 but most of the Mondo sales in person are $40 or $45 so I'm guessing it'll be somewhere in that range.

I just order them by the box from Yazoo online. Look for their "mixed crate" where they mix 3 and 4 inch tubes (nesting them inside each other) for best value. 20 tubes (10 3" and 10 4") is less than 60 bucks shipped, which isn't bad at all.

Between that and tubes I get from other folks in decent shape, one box lasts me a LONG time.

At the point where I'm trying to get rid of tubes. Shudder at the thought of buying some.

I am definitely gonna be there.

I will have a GAF shirt.

Say hi or PM me or whatever.

Risible

If anyone going to the Goonies show is going just to flip their print, I'd be most grateful if you'd give me first crack at it. I'm a huuuuge Goonies fan. I'm GAF Gold and all that. Thanks!

omgkitty

If anyone going to the Goonies show is going just to flip their print, I'd be most grateful if you'd give me first crack at it. I'm a huuuuge Goonies fan. I'm GAF Gold and all that. Thanks!

Is GAF gold seriously a real thing? I always thought that was just a joke.

omgkitty

It's for real in the buy/sell/trade thread, which is applicable in this situation. :)

Oh ok, yeah that's where I was hearing people bringing it up a lot more lately. I know someone who isn't GAF gold in there. He offered to sell me his copy of Grim Fandango and was going to give me a shipping cost, and never messaged me back. I love that game :(

omgkitty

I'd be forever if your debt, and will happily poster-buddy for you during any NY art events.

Just so you know, Mondo has already posted that they will be selling some online this coming week. The theater in KC only has something around 70 seats, and I would assume the run will be around 300 to 400, so you should have a shot at getting one then if you can't get someone to get you one at the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom