• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma722

J0Dk9.jpg

My response exactly. Still cleaning up.

omgkitty

I just found this on a t-shirt website called Go Ape. I wouldn't have known it was Olly Moss had I not seen it on his flickr earlier today. I think the design is pretty old.

evolver600_large.jpg

Risible

A Moss Spirited Away would be awesome of course, but I love Nausicaa with a passion and would be super interested to see Olly's take on it.

Dreweyes

My guess on Moss's Spirited Away layout:

"No Face" is the main face in the picture, and his black silhouette helps form the abandoned theme park and spa, with Haku in his dragon form, soaring above in the sky, in front of the moon.
Silhouettes of the main girl, the baby, etc are all standing on the bridge in the center, above No Face, along with a few hidden pieces of imagery such as the witched papers, spa tokens, etc.
Same color schemes as the others, teal green & rust.

Anyone else got an idea what they think it may look like?

Can't wait to get one! :) ♥

omgkitty

My guess on Moss's Spirited Away layout:

"No Face" is the main face in the picture, and his black silhouette helps form the abandoned theme park and spa, with Haku in his dragon form, soaring above in the sky, in front of the moon.
Silhouettes of the main girl, the baby, etc are all standing on the bridge in the center, above No Face, along with a few hidden pieces of imagery such as the witched papers, spa tokens, etc.
Same color schemes as the others, teal green & rust.

Anyone else got an idea what they think it may look like?

Can't wait to get one! :) ♥

I think the colors will be different. I think it's pretty much a given that Olly is doing the other two prints, and I would think this would have two different color variants with the last print switching off in color as well like the first two have. That way if you have a complete set of regulars or variants, they would all be different colors. Who knows though. Spirited Away is a very colorful film, so maybe a blue? Maybe even having something to do with the trolly that travels over the ocean?

ben.jpg

I guess the best questions is if he will continue with his same format or not? I would have to assume yes. If so, I wouldn't be surprised to see No-Face as being the focal point. Man! I love this movie! Really wish we could just get a print for every Ghibli film (that would so expensive!).

omgkitty

Lost my Bourne eBay auction in the last 10 seconds... Was not meant to be I guess... Bummed about it though.

There's one guy selling a copy on EB. Maybe try hitting him up! He is new though, so be wary and hope he knows how to pack a print if you do buy from him. (not that people on eBay are any better)

There's one guy selling a copy on EB. Maybe try hitting him up! He is new though, so be wary and hope he knows how to pack a print if you do buy from him. (not that people on eBay are any better)

I did just sign up on EB so I should probably keep an eye out. There's another auction on eBay that I'm watching but the bid is making me wary for sure.

A heads up if you ordered Olly Moss' The Dark Knight Rises Timed Edition print from Mondo.

If any of you have received your copy already and it is too dark around the facial area, then you have one that was printed too dark -- darker than intended.

Mondo has acknowledged the issue and here is what they have to say:

Mondo said:
Yeah, your print is definitely defective. We are usually pretty good about quality control, but when there are thousands going out, it's hard to tell when a print is getting slightly darker and darker. Unfortunately a few went out that are not up to our standards as well.

E-mail them and they will send over a replacement copy -- though you'll have to return the defective one as well.

tanuki

Can't wait to miss that 30 second window in which the Spirited Away print goes on sale, because my credit card decides not to work, or the website refuses to load, etc.

IronRinn

I think the colors will be different. I think it's pretty much a given that Olly is doing the other two prints, and I would think this would have two different color variants with the last print switching off in color as well like the first two have. That way if you have a complete set of regulars or variants, they would all be different colors. Who knows though. Spirited Away is a very colorful film, so maybe a blue? Maybe even having something to do with the trolly that travels over the ocean?

ben.jpg

I guess the best questions is if he will continue with his same format or not? I would have to assume yes. If so, I wouldn't be surprised to see No-Face as being the focal point. Man! I love this movie! Really wish we could just get a print for every Ghibli film (that would so expensive!).

Yeah, No-Face will probably be the main feature (though maybe he'll mess with us now, since we will be expecting it.) Beyond that I wouldn't even want to speculate. There's a ton of stuff I would want to see in there, but you throw too much in and things will just get cluttered. Blue would definitely be killer, and I would be shocked if the format changed. He's set for the entire series right? Would seem weird to have other people step in at this point.

Sigma722

Goddam, cannot wait to see Olly's Spirited Away. Great news.

Any hints on when the Mononoke variant will drop?

He said it went to the wrong address last Thursday.. So depending if that wrong address was in Europe or USA, probably says when he will make the drop. It could drop later this week, to within a couple weeks.

Can't wait. Last time was so exciting, lol.

omgkitty

Yeah, No-Face will probably be the main feature (though maybe he'll mess with us now, since we will be expecting it.) Beyond that I wouldn't even want to speculate. There's a ton of stuff I would want to see in there, but you throw too much in and things will just get cluttered. Blue would definitely be killer, and I would be shocked if the format changed. He's set for the entire series right? Would seem weird to have other people step in at this point.

It definitely would. I could maybe see Mondo going with some other people to do different takes on some films, but I think they'll stick mainly with Olly, kind of like they did with Ansin and the Universal Monster's series. TBH, I'd really just love it if the bath house is prominently displayed. I love the design of it, and I'd love to see all the little easter eggs Olly could throw in there.

IronRinn

A heads up if you ordered Olly Moss' The Dark Knight Rises Timed Edition print from Mondo.

If any of you have received your copy already and it is too dark around the facial area, then you have one that was printed too dark -- darker than intended.

Mondo has acknowledged the issue and here is what they have to say:

E-mail them and they will send over a replacement copy -- though you'll have to return the defective one as well.

Got mine yesterday and just got around to opening it and taking a look. Man, I can barely see the mouth at all and the rest is super grainy.

kaskade

My DKR print hasn't shipped yet so I'm assuming I should get good print?

Slightly different topic, has there been any news about the Drive soundtrack yet?

Check us out at Bottleneckgallery.com
Event Description:
Television plays a crucial role in our lives, influencing our opinions, actions, and daily routine. It is only natural that the small screen would also influence art, linking the two through memorable stories and images. Bottle Neck Gallery has decided to embrace this connection and commission an incredible group of artists for "More Than You Imagined: Art Inspired by Premium Cable." This exciting and entertaining exhibit will feature work influenced by some of the most popular HBO, Showtime, and Starz programs, giving you a reason to get off of the couch.

We have a pretty awesome team and hopefully can do some good with these shows. A portion of sales from each will go to a new charity. Trying to find charities that relate somewhat to the show. Being a huge Curb fan, the Michael J Fox foundation came to mind. We are setting up an event with them today.

Looking forward to meeting the artists involved and you guys at some of the shows.

Josh

oh and the flyer above is by Mark Englert. :)

Sigma722

I don't have a tracking number. :eek:

These are really nice.

Are these part of a limited run, or will Fangamer keep restocking them as long as there is demand? I want them either way, I just want to know if I can wait, or if I have to start making room in the budget ASAP.

I am pretty confident that they are not limited. But definitely slick!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I am pretty confident that they are not limited. But definitely slick!

My poor ailing wallet hopes you're right.

And agreed, in particular, I really love both the Chrono and Earthbound ones. The Mario RPG one is nice too, but I was never that big of a fan of the game, so that might be coloring my opinion.

It'd go well with my Reformat the Planet poster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom