• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miroku

Got the HG wells set, was sort of tempted by IronMan but decided to pass.

Is there a twitter feed for finding out when Mondo will post things to their site? I might want that Goonies poster.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
A Kickstarter, but still pretty interesting: Ukiyo-E Heroes

Images2.jpg

Put in a pledge for the Star Fox one.

Sigma722

I got the techline matte black metal frame for my 13 Assassin's print. I think it looks great. Haven't fooled around with other frames yet. Might have to do something creative for Mononoke (and any other ghibli's I get down the line..)

Vyrance

Decided to pick up the Tong set of Time Machine and War of the Worlds. Loved the look of them. Maybe I'll land a Goonies tomorrow if I'm not caught at the gym.

IronRinn

Got the HG wells set, was sort of tempted by IronMan but decided to pass.

Is there a twitter feed for finding out when Mondo will post things to their site? I might want that Goonies poster.

Believe me when I say: 99% of the time, if you wait for the tweet you've already lost. Better to camp the site and F5. They usually drop prints between 10:30 and 11:30 am EST or you can use an auto-refresh plugin like Check4Change.

DemiMatt

FUUUUUUUUU missed the Goonies.

How can there be so many on Ebay already??? GRRRRRRR!!

My advice is if you see a BIN on eBay that is relatively low compared to the rest take it. The prices tend to stay pretty stable the 1st day, then shoot up throughout the week.

omgkitty

My advice is if you see a BIN on eBay that is relatively low compared to the rest take it. The prices tend to stay pretty stable the 1st day, then shoot up throughout the week.

Or they could just wait. I think the prices on the Goonies will drop like a sack of potatoes. You can probably get one for around $100 in a couple of weeks.

Meier

Can someone explain to me what's up with people not leaving feedback on eBay? I sold two prints recently (one about 2 months ago) and the other a few weeks back and neither left me feedback. These were shipped nicely in tubes within a day or two of the auction ending, with tracking info provided immediately. I mean whatever, it's not the end of the world.. but I can't fathom someone using ebay and not leaving feedback at all, let alone when the person did everything perfectly.

It's super obnoxious..

omgkitty

Can someone explain to me what's up with people not leaving feedback on eBay? I sold two prints recently (one about 2 months ago) and the other a few weeks back and neither left me feedback. These were shipped nicely in tubes within a day or two of the auction ending, with tracking info provided immediately. I mean whatever, it's not the end of the world.. but I can't fathom someone using ebay and not leaving feedback at all, let alone when the person did everything perfectly.

It's super obnoxious..

It doesn't surprise me. TBH, I never leave feedback on Amazon whenever I purchase stuff unless the service was terrible. Then again, I never use eBay, and I know that's all about seller ratings.

It's super obnoxious..

I rarely use eBay anymore but when I did I used to pay instantly. Sometimes the minute after the auction ended. In the old days the sellers would leave feedback for me pretty quickly because my part is over at that point. It got obnoxious for me when the sellers would wait for me to leave feedback for them before leaving it for me.

Sigma722

It's super obnoxious..

You could contact the buyer and ask if they wouldn't mind leaving some since you are trying to build your profile..

Meier

I rarely use eBay anymore but when I did I used to pay instantly. Sometimes the minute after the auction ended. In the old days the sellers would leave feedback for me pretty quickly because my part is over at that point. It got obnoxious for me when the sellers would wait for me to leave feedback for them before leaving it for me.

I am in the same boat. I pay instantly and I expect my feedback to reflect that. I bought one of the Olly Pokemons on there and had to ask the guy to leave me feedback like two weeks later. I've had my account for like 15 years or something and have 100% feedback so it isn't that big of a deal but it's insane to me that people are so shitty about it.. especially when they're a buyer.

It's super obnoxious..

I bought the Jock TDKR print on eBay a couple weeks ago. Seller packaged it so well with a lot of thought and care. Would've felt like the biggest scumbag if I didn't leave a positive feedback.

IronRinn

Some great stuff in there. The Budichs are really nice. The Shaws are good too, but nothing I'm especially attached to. Still want to score a Bullhead at some point. Love that poster.

Sigma722

Shaw's stuff is really cool, and I like the "museum" pieces, but if I were to get anything, it would be Eagle 5, because I could see myself hanging it up the most.

I want someone to say they found the golden ticket, so somewhere a little boy can be heart broken. Yet, when he opens his tube, he finds the last (only) golden ticket. He throws his tube on the floor and runs through the whole town, waving the ticket in his hand.

Thats it.

I got my TDKR print today too. How many of you have had to send yours back? Mine is #'d 3802 is that outside of the effected range? Mine seems much darker than the images on the site. It is very grainy and the mouth is difficult to make out.

LaneDS

Got my Iron Giant, will post pictures once I get it framed. Paid a lot for it, but it's beautiful and once I saw it I felt like I made the right call.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Got my Iron Giant, will post pictures once I get it framed. Paid a lot for it, but it's beautiful and once I saw it I felt like I made the right call.

I really want to spring for one, but I know it'd be far down the framing queue behind a bunch of Moss and Whalen stuff

I got my TDKR print today too. How many of you have had to send yours back? Mine is #'d 3802 is that outside of the effected range? Mine seems much darker than the images on the site. It is very grainy and the mouth is difficult to make out.

E-mailed Mondo and will be sending mine back soon -- #1010 :\

Meier

E-mailed Mondo and will be sending mine back soon -- #1010 :\

Ahh so that's a widespread issue then? I was wondering.. the font is very difficult to see on mine and it's more blue than black IMO.

I posted about it a week ago or so how I was a little disappointed.

Ahh so that's a widespread issue then? I was wondering.. the font is very difficult to see on mine and it's more blue than black IMO.

Well, Olly said the color is supposed to be more Dark Blue as opposed to black -- so the color is not an issue. If it is printed too dark however, the mouth will likely not be visible.

Bad:

P1030090.jpg

Acceptable:

8bb35853.jpg

Once you contact mondo, they will ask for pics.

omgkitty

Hey for you guys that just got yours, on your Mondo account, was there a tracking number?

Currently mine still says shipped with no tracking number at all. TBH, I hope mine hasn't shipped out because my order switched over to shipped right before the tweet went out showing the ticket. I'd have to assume they just have a boat load of tubes waiting to be mailed out and they probably send them out in waves when USPS comes to pick them up, at which point they are scanned and added in. Or I could be wrong and it will be at my house today.

Axiom

How have people been about customer support with Mondo?

My Tyler Stout Avenger's piece shipped on the 20th of July and given I'm an Aussie I expected it'd take its sweet time, but I messaged them on the 17th of last month and they said they'd get back to me. I suspected my timing might have been bad given the Olly Dark Knight piece dropped the day after I asked them but I've since asked for an update and heard nothing.

This is my first piece and while my wallet appreciates that I don't have to frame it yet, has anybody else been in a similar situation and how was it resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom