• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
---February 9, 2012: Lonesome Ghosts by Tom Whalen ( http://www.strongstuff.net/ )

e1328646052.jpg

18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 390. Printed by D&L Screen Printing. $45

How to buy online: Goes on sale at a random time here: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html

2/12/2012: Zombies of the Walking Dead by Danny Miller

Official "Zombies of 'THE WALKING DEAD'" prints

Emmy Award winning special effects artist Greg Nicotero has been a fan of Danny Miller's artwork for some time now. So when he got the official go-ahead from AMC Television to have his zombies turned into a limited edition set of posters, Danny was the first person he contacted. This is a project that Greg really wanted to do and has been instrumental in making happen. And the results are amazing!

"The Zombies of The Walking Dead" is a set of 3 limited edition prints featuring walkers from Season 2 of THE WALKING DEAD.

Each print (a run of 400 each and 75 variants) depict the hideous undead in a 7-color silk screen process. The beasts of the hour are:

-The RV walker that stalks Andrea in the season premiere
-The WELL WALKER in episode 5
-The BEARDED WALKER (to appear in an upcoming episode)

This artwork was designed and created directly from photos taken by award winning make-up effects designer and co-executive producer Greg Nicotero on set during production and licensed by AMC!

The size of each silk screened print is 14" x 30" and all prints are signed by both Greg Nicotero and artist Danny Miller. Each print is individually numbered as well!

The cost will be $40 per print (or $110.00 for a set of all 3) plus shipping and handling (pricing on variants is still TBD)

These prints will be available 10:30 PM EST on Feb 12th at http://www.20eyesco.com/ to coincide with the mid season premiere of THE WALKING DEAD.

ACME ARCHIVES Press Release said:
Burbank - ACME ARCHIVES is proud to announce the launch of its newest brand
DARK INK.”

Evolving from Acme’s Specialty Art Group, DARK INK builds on Acme’s success with officially licensed, limited edition, silk screens and other specialty releases. Acme’s silk screen market with price points in the $50 to $75 range has seen wild growth necessitating its own branding and presence in the marketplace,”
says Acme’s Creative Director Chris Jackson.

“Dark Ink is something we began planning in early 2008 and has finally come to the forefront in a big way.” Acme’s experience with its hugely successful Disney Underground line, its Family Guy C.R.A.P. Series and exhibitions and its work on the popular Star Wars Visions book with Lucasfilm and Abrams of NY set the perfect foundation for the new brand.

“Dark Ink will focus on the silk screen process of fine art reproductions all hand signed by today’s hottest artist and each an individually numbered and certified piece.” continues Chris.
Look forward to art from artists such as Dave Perillo, Michael De Pippo, Stephan Martiniere, Peter Ferk, Steve Thomas, and Joshua Budich among the bunch working on pieces from Alice in Wonderland, Alien and Aliens, This Simpsons, Family Guy, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Young Frankenstein, The Big Lebowski and other fan favorites.

Dark Ink is a registered brand of Acme Archives of Burbank California.
Acme is an official licensee of various entertainment companies providing property based fine artwork to galleries, museums, exhibitions and promotional events world wide.

Preview of their upcoming Band Leader Mickey silkscreen poster:

mickeyband_mc.gif

More previews from Multiplayer x2 show:

Gallery1988-videogame-art-1.jpg

Kill-Screen-SLATER.jpg

multiplayer1.png

DOUBLEDRAGONprintfinWEB.jpg

------------

Moss' Zelda posters for the upcoming Triforce Tribute in March:

tumblr_lz304yqVT71qeqo31o1_250.jpg
tumblr_lz304yqVT71qeqo31o2_250.jpg

tumblr_lz304yqVT71qeqo31o3_250.jpg
tumblr_lz304yqVT71qeqo31o4_r1_250.jpg
tumblr_lz304yqVT71qeqo31o6_r1_250.jpg

tumblr_lz304yqVT71qeqo31o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lz304yqVT71qeqo31o2_1280.jpg

Success! I was able to grab a print for myself. I've been kicking myself for missing his Mad Doctor print so I'm really happy I was able to grab this one.

Congrats! Usually feels pretty awesome to score on a Mondo drop =)

-------------------------

More previews for tomorrow's show at G1988.

Katamari Dance Party by Matt Taylor.

tumblr_lz4d34iiHR1qg4gid

Three color 42 x 29 cm screen print. Edition of 30. $55

-----------------

Day Faded on Planet Zebes -- Portrait of Samus Aran and Metroid (Ripley and Kraid editions) by El Jefe Design. 19" x 25". 3 color screenprints w/ varnish.

posters_gallery_2.jpg

I really dig these two posters here!

-----------

Preview of alex Todaro's alphabet poster

screen_shot_2012-02-03_at_10.59.05_pm.png

screen_shot_2012-02-05_at_7.20.24_pm.png
(This is for the letter M)

-------------

Ballad of the Windfish by Ryan Brinkerhoff (Bandito Design)

tumblr_lyd979Z4cG1qdvls7o1_400.jpg

----------

Peek @ DKNG's print:

mystery_19.jpg

-----------------

Ibraheem Youssef's screenprint:

Gallery1988-videogame-art-1.jpg

-------------

Rhys Cooper's Double Dragon w/ glow in the dark inks:

DOUBLEDRAGONprintfinWEB.jpg

--------------------

Todd Slater's piece.

Kill-Screen-SLATER.jpg

Gah, more than 45 people were lined up before 7 am for the Moss print at the gallery. Never expected that. These online drops will be super hard too. =(

JLG-

Gah, more than 45 people were lined up before 7 am for the Moss print at the gallery. Never expected that. These online drops will be super hard too. =(

My brother is in line right now. He's #41. He left at around 9 am.

Edit: He says there's only 45 moss prints available. 5 of them went on sale online.

Thanks!

BTW all the prints are available online right now:
http://nineteeneightyeight.com/collections/multiplayer-x2?page=1

Moss and the Zelda prints are sold out but everything else seems to be instock.

Do you know when these were put up for sale (specifically the Mario Moss print) and where did they first announce the sale on this site?
Is there an RSS feed or twitter I can follow?

PS: Let's hope tomorrow doesn't become another Totoro for me. :S

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Really wish I cold find Mr. Hipp original art for sale some where. :( I'll take almost any of his stuff and I don't say that for many people.

JLG-

Do you know when these were put up for sale (specifically the Mario Moss print) and where did they first announce the sale on this site?
Is there an RSS feed or twitter I can follow?

PS: Let's hope tomorrow doesn't become another Totoro for me. :S

They were put up before the gallery opened on Friday don't remember the exact time, some time before 7 pm. From what i heard, the owner said there were 50 moss prints at the gallery, only 5 were put up for sale online and the other 45 were for those who were in line which is where i got my copy.

Good place to get info is at expressobeans.com check the art events forum that's where the link was posted.

They were put up before the gallery opened on Friday don't remember the exact time, some time before 7 pm. From what i heard, the owner said there were 50 moss prints at the gallery, only 5 were put up for sale online and the other 45 were for those who were in line which is where i got my copy.

Good place to get info is at expressobeans.com check the art events forum that's where the link was posted.

Thanks, guess there was no chance to have gotten those 5 online. :p
I am on the forum at expresso beans but do not check it nearly as often as I should, hope to score in the morning. :)

Thanks, guess there was no chance to have gotten those 5 online. :p
I am on the forum at expresso beans but do not check it nearly as often as I should, hope to score in the morning. :)

Hey, glad you guys are on there too! EB is definitely the place for info -- not here. I only post to kind of spread awareness of the stuff.

Tomorrow's Mario Drop will be priced $90 + shipping for the reg and $140 + shipping for the variant. Unsigned but numbered, ships from within the US.

Good luck everyone!

2/14/2012:

Super Mario by Olly Moss ( http://www.moss.fm/ )

6788456265_778f00b220_o.png

Regular Edition of 150. $90. Only 100 or less will be for sale.
Variant Edition of 80. $140.

How to buy online: Secret URL tweeted by Olly Moss at 5 PM GMT.

Tomorrow, Mondo will also be releasing a Princess Bride poster at the screening.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Got a regular. Anyone else manage to snag one?

I about shat my pants when I clicked the original regular link and I had forgotten to sign into paypal.

JLG-

I about shat my pants when I clicked the original regular link and I had forgotten to sign into paypal.

Congrats. He said there was an insane oversell hopefully yours doesn't get canceled.

edit: More than 30% oversell

Got a regular, was scared for a sec because the link didn't work when Moss first posted it.
I am so glad that I did get one!
My heart is still pounding and my hand somewhat shaking from excitement. Hah
This almost makes up for the Totoro Variant that I couldn't score. :)

Now I just hope I made it before it oversold. :(

EDIT: How do you sign in beforehand on Paypal? I tried signing in before but it still asks me for my password every time I checkout.
EDIT2: Please, please no refund.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Got a regular, was scared for a sec because the link didn't work when Moss first posted it.
I am so glad that I did get one!
My heart is still pounding and my hand someone shaking from excitement. Hah
This almost makes up for the Totoro Variant that I couldn't score. :)

Now I just hope I made it before it oversold. :(

EDIT: How do you sign in beforehand on Paypal? I tried signing in before but it still asks me for my password every time I checkout.
EDIT2: Please, please no refund.

I don't know if you can keep signed in. I just know that when I originally clicked on the regular link, Paypal wasn't accepting my password so I had to reset it. Scary! Glad I'm not the only one that managed to nab one though.

I don't know if you can keep signed in. I just know that when I originally clicked on the regular link, Paypal wasn't accepting my password so I had to reset it. Scary! Glad I'm not the only one that managed to nab one though.

Ah, good thing the link wasn't working originally then and that there was a repost. :)
Glad you were able to get one in the end.

DarkKyo

These types of fan-produced prints fascinate me. I've got to know: is it legal for all of these artists to be making money on other people's copyrighted characters even if it's all original art? A lot of these are awesome but I have no idea about the legality of the whole fan-art print market. Thanks for bearing with me on this(nobody in here has talked about the legality of it so I assume it's common knowledge to you guys).

These types of fan-produced prints fascinate me. I've got to know: is it legal for all of these artists to be making money on other people's copyrighted characters even if it's all original art? A lot of these are awesome but I have no idea about the legality of the whole fan-art print market. Thanks for bearing with me on this(nobody in here has talked about the legality of it so I assume it's common knowledge to you guys).

I am pretty sure they worked with the companies to have these prints approved. I know for sure the Totoro Moss print was commissioned by Studio Ghibli themselves.

PS: No refund for me either, happy time! :D

By the way, did you guys see the Valentine's gift Olly made?

tumblr_lzdvixNUTw1qeqo31

I wouldn't mind a SOTC and/or Ico poster myself. ;)

DarkKyo

So does that mean that the original creators/companies get a cut of the money from these prints? I can't see Nintendo saying "yeah it's cool if you solely/independently profit off of our characters".

Honestly I'm just asking for the sake of if I ever wanted to create and sell some art of my favorite franchises myself. Thanks again.

Edit: Also hot damn that SOTC one is nice.

Meier

Ugh, I wanted that Princess/Bowser poster so damn bad. Had an alarm set on my phone, money in my Paypal account and was ready to pounce but a last minute meeting at work took me away. :( :(

Meier

I imagine there are plenty that are done unlicensed but I know in the case of Mondo, they work with the creators. At the screening of Drive, they mentioned they'd produced two posters previously for it but this one was the first they'd been allowed to actually mass produce and sell. In Olly's case, it was done as a part of an art show with a number of other artists.. I'm guessing the gallery cleared everything with Nintendo but I don't know if they'd have to do that or not.

Ouch @ the Princess Bride year. I didn't even notice at first, haha.

Moss

Depends on the I.P. but most of my stuff is all officially licensed and/or commissioned by the studios. All the mondo stuff is, at any rate.

JLG-

James Flames “It’s Dangerous To Go Alone, Take This” Zelda inspired Print will go on sale tomorrow:

ILL-ItsDangerousToGoAlone.jpg

18 X 24
Edition of 120. $30
How to buy:
Tomorrow (Wednesday, February 15th) at 12pm Eastern Time. JamesFlames.com

2/16/2012

- - Dracula by Martin Ansin Artist Proof Edition ( http://martinansin.com/ )

scaled_e1325185981.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print.Hand Numbered. Edition of 50. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $125

How to buy online: On sale at a random time here: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff

- - Dracula Variant by Martin Ansin Artist Proof Edition ( http://martinansin.com/ )

scaled_e1325186134.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print with metallic inks. Hand Numbered. Edition of 22. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $175

How to buy online: On sale at a random time here: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff

- - Dracula Wood Variant by Martin Ansin Artist Proof Edition ( http://martinansin.com/ )

scaled_e1325186168.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. Approximately 21"x 36" screen print on wood. Hand Numbered. Edition of 10. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $250

- - Planet of the Apes Artist Proof Edition by Martin Ansin ( http://martinansin.com/ )

e1327514539.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand Numbered. Edition of 40. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $100

How to buy online: On sale at a random time here: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html

- - Planet of the Apes Wood Artist Proof Edition by Martin Ansin ( http://martinansin.com/ )

e1327514539.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand Numbered. Edition of 12. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $250

How to buy online: On sale at a random time here: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom