• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

How have people been about customer support with Mondo?

My Tyler Stout Avenger's piece shipped on the 20th of July and given I'm an Aussie I expected it'd take its sweet time, but I messaged them on the 17th of last month and they said they'd get back to me. I suspected my timing might have been bad given the Olly Dark Knight piece dropped the day after I asked them but I've since asked for an update and heard nothing.

This is my first piece and while my wallet appreciates that I don't have to frame it yet, has anybody else been in a similar situation and how was it resolved?

Usually they are pretty good about responding. Did you send them an email or did you use the contact page?

omgkitty

Contact page.

Fingers crossed it's just a really slow boat.

I think there is a way to search your requests on your account. Does it show anything there? Last time I used it, they responded within a day, but with all this Batman stuff, they've probably been super busy, especially with all the complaints they've gotten.

Oh damn. That blows. Mine has been "shipped" status for a while..

I guess that means you didn't get a shipped email either then?

Nope no shipped email. I was expecting the email so I wasn't really paying attention to the site. I am not sure how long mine was in "shipped" status.

kaskade

I got my Olly DKR print and I'm not sure if it's too dark. It's kind of hard basing it off the lower res picture on the site. It seems the mouth area might not be right. I just don't want to have to get a replacement if I don't need too.

It's a cool poster though. Happy to have my first Olly Print. I can imagine it's going to look great framed.

LiK

I got my Olly DKR print and I'm not sure if it's too dark. It's kind of hard basing it off the lower res picture on the site. It seems the mouth area might not be right. I just don't want to have to get a replacement if I don't need too.

It's a cool poster though. Happy to have my first Olly Print. I can imagine it's going to look great framed.

got mine and same issue. emailed them and asked if it was intentional to have it darker around the mouth area. i'm happy with the print tho and don't feel the need to have it replaced.

omgkitty

Just realized I've been in on the conversation about my DKR print and it's been sitting at my house since Wednesday. Total fail on my end. I need to go pick it up and then send it back, but not because it's too dark but because it will have water damage from my tears of sadness because I didn't get the golden ticket.

B33

Banned
My copy of The Dark Knight Rises (Olly Moss) was shipped today. It's my first Mondo print, as I always seem to be at work when a new poster drops.

I also premptively purchased a frame on sale at Michael's using the print's estimated measurements.

Is there anything I need to consider before placing the piece into its frame? I noticed fellow members have an item on each corner of their posters in snapshots throughout this thread. Can I presume this is to make framing an easier task?

Whooter

Is there anything I need to consider before placing the piece into its frame? I noticed fellow members have an item on each corner of their posters in snapshots throughout this thread. Can I presume this is to make framing an easier task?

I assume it's to hold the corners down while they take the picture. :)

kaskade

Alright, I officially think I got a dark print. I noticed it more since I had it laying down to flatten out a bit and looking at it, it's difficult to make out the mouth.

Other than that though, it's nice. I wasn't blown away by it when I first saw it but looking at it is growing on me. I can imagine it looking pretty badass in a frame with a nice mat.

So should I buy something from an arts and crafts store or should it be something from a framing place? I don't have a lot of money but I want to keep it nice.

LaneDS

Could any of you with a better eye for this sort of thing recommend some framing options for the Iron Giant print? I'm going to take it to a framing place today (and am prepared to spend a decent chunk of dough) but am not really sure what to ask for in terms of framing options/colors.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Could any of you with a better eye for this sort of thing recommend some framing options for the Iron Giant print? I'm going to take it to a framing place today (and am prepared to spend a decent chunk of dough) but am not really sure what to ask for in terms of framing options/colors.
I went with Cherry Wood for mine. It's a little lighter than the crimson surrounding the text, but it looks great. My internet is out 'til Monday, so I can't upload any pictures, but the frame is available on AmericanFrame, if you want to see how it looks.

LaneDS

I went with Cherry Wood for mine. It's a little lighter than the crimson surrounding the text, but it looks great. My internet is out 'til Monday, so I can't upload any pictures, but the frame is available on AmericanFrame, if you want to see how it looks.

Cool, thank you for the recommendation; checking it out presently and then might stop by the framing shop afterwards.

omgkitty

I got my DKR opened up finally. No golden ticket sadly. Also, it seems my print looks pretty good compared to others. I really think I wan't a variant now, but I could never possibly justify the price of it.

Not much going on today, but Dave Perillo has a new piece for sale. Not movie related but it's a slow day.

One, Two, Three. . . by Dave Perillo

DavePerillo-OneTwoThree-Reimagined.jpg

3 COLOR SCREEN PRINT ON COUGAR NATURAL COVER
SIGNED NUMBERED EDITION OF 50
24 X 24 INCHES (UF)
AFTER “THREE MUSICIANS” BY PABLO PICASSO

$50.00

How to buy online: http://phoneboothgallery.com/pbg/de...Path=9_24&products_id=537&artist=&num_prod=20

Sigma722

I really like Daft Punk, and I really like Cowboy Bebop.

I'm most likely going to pass, but I think it is a cool mashup regardless if there isn't a "connection".

After that coupon code, it is only like $24 shipped.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Oh man, i gotta check this more often. Love that Daft Punk one.

My Bourne poster is in for me to pick up. Olly Batman hasn't shipped yet though...

Meier

My latest acquisition:

://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/315zad5.jpg/]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6889/315zad5.jpg[IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL][/QUOTE]

Nice! I was wondering if it was that awesome Ratchet print you posted on Twitter earlier today.

kaskade

Does anyone here use American Frame? I went to a local place but it would end up costing around 50 bucks more (150 vs ~100. I don't exactly have a lot of money so as much as I want to support locally, that's a big difference.

Meier

Does anyone here use American Frame? I went to a local place but it would end up costing around 50 bucks more (150 vs ~100. I don't exactly have a lot of money so as much as I want to support locally, that's a big different.

I believe a number of folks do.. I think it's recommended quite often.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Look what came in. :)

7735726360_d4e1813d23.jpg

Now, how do I frame these? Two things:
1. I am horrible at picking frames and matting.
2. I have very little cash to work with.

Usually I buy a black frame at Target the exact size and have no matting...

Sigma722

Supposedly someone somewhere was saying that michael's has a frame that is the same size as the dkr print. So that would be a fairly cheap route. I'd check there first.

You can often get right size do it yourself frames for a decent price at places like Micheals or AC More. Just don't get the cheapest frame they have, they usually have some pricier but nice frames that you can get at a decent price by just using an online coupon.

Just be very careful when doing the framing yourself, some of the do it yourself frames can be tricky and you might damage the print when trying to seal them up

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Supposedly someone somewhere was saying that michael's has a frame that is the same size as the dkr print. So that would be a fairly cheap route. I'd check there first.

You can often get right size do it yourself frames for a decent price at places like Micheals or AC More. Just don't get the cheapest frame they have, they usually have some pricier but nice frames that you can get at a decent price by just using an online coupon.

Just be very careful when doing the framing yourself, some of the do it yourself frames can be tricky and you might damage the print when trying to seal them up

Yeah might go this route, but what about matting? Like I said, I usually just buy a frame to fit and put the poster in with no edge left for matting.

Sigma722

Yeah might go this route, but what about matting? Like I said, I usually just buy a frame to fit and put the poster in with no edge left for matting.

My response was covering your normal situation of buying the correct size frame, and sticking it in with no matting.

Custom frames are another ballgame. I've used americanframe.com once, and almost have again, but then remembered that I was broke. I'll definitely be using it once my Mononoke arrives.

kaskade

I was going to go the route with a mat. I feel like it would look nice with it since the print is so dark as it is. The preview looked pretty good on American Frame. I looked in AC Moore but there was nothing to fit. They were 18 x 24 I think. Even if buying it a bit bigger and matting it the proportions wouldn't be right.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I was going to go the route with a mat. I feel like it would look nice with it since the print is so dark as it is. The preview looked pretty good on American Frame. I looked in AC Moore but there was nothing to fit. They were 18 x 24 I think. Even if buying it a bit bigger and matting it the proportions wouldn't be right.

How much was it on AF? Do you send the print in, or do they send the materials to you?

kaskade

How much was it on AF? Do you send the print in, or do they send the materials to you?

You mount it yourself unless its a photo you took or something, then they can print and frame. You just give them the dimensions of your print (16 x 24 for TDKR) and then you just decide on the type of mat and everything you want. I did a little extra for UV plexiglass and a better mat board otherwise it was around 70 I think for the basic black frame. As I did was about 100.

Mounting a photo isn't really hard, you just have to make sure you buy acid free tape. I'm assuming they send you the built frame then you just actually have to frame it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom