• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTuran

Picked up a couple of Mitchell's Fat Birds. Debated picking up the Robin too, but too late for that now!

injdex_grande.jpg
idndex_grande.jpg

Can't wait to see what comes of the Whalen G1988 show tonight.

kaskade

Mondo already sent me a tracking number for my order of Looper and Dredd. Nothing is showing up on the USPS site yet though. Pretty fast though, I was expecting it to be a couple of weeks. I'm assuming if they actually ship it out soon I should have it by the end of next week.

Meier

Mondo already sent me a tracking number for my order of Looper and Dredd. Nothing is showing up on the USPS site yet though. Pretty fast though, I was expecting it to be a couple of weeks. I'm assuming if they actually ship it out soon I should have it by the end of next week.

Usually in this sort of instance where the prints are all done and they know they look good, etc., the shipping is a lot faster.

Setreal

I picked up the Kevin Tong jurassic park print off ebay for about $15 over the original price. I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but what would be the best way to go about getting it framed?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I picked up the Kevin Tong jurassic park print off ebay for about $15 over the original price. I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but what would be the best way to go about getting it framed?

You can take it to a framer, or if you want to do it yourself for a little cheaper, I'd suggest American Frame. Doing it yourself may seem a little rough but it's super easy.

kaskade

Usually in this sort of instance where the prints are all done and they know they look good, etc., the shipping is a lot faster.

I kind of figured that. Now I have to spend a bunch of frames. I still haven't got a frame for my DKR Olly print.

HTuran

So much great stuff in that Whalen/Perillo show, just a shame that G1988 charges stupid amounts for international shipping. Will be cheaper for me to pick up the prints I want on the aftermarket.

Roody

Neo Member
Is GAF ok with artists promoting themselves (if not I can edit this post)? I have a new print up on my Society6 page. I'm obviously nowhere near as good as some of these other artists, but I've been selling a fair amount each week so it seems people are at least liking some stuff I do.

1350464_1698913_lz.jpg

End of Evangelion - 03:30

I wish there was a bigger zoom to see it in more detail. Eva definitely has a lot of set-pieces that would be poster worthy. Your King of Heroes print looks amazing and I'm contemplating picking your Lupin print soon, it looks really great.

Axiom

Was bummed I missed out on Springwood but really wanted Cobra Island anyway...then the shipping came out to be $38 on its own!

Now I'm just sad and have no cause to shout Cobra-Lalalala

omgkitty

I figured I'd just throw this in this thread here on GAF seeing as I know we have some people from Austin / people that are going to the Universal Monsters show in October. I need help getting the Ansin piece from the show. I am offering money for help. You can find my post here.

kaskade

Wow, I just checked my tracking number and it's at the post office as of this morning so it should be here today. Wasn't expecting that.

Pepboy

Is GAF ok with artists promoting themselves (if not I can edit this post)? I have a new print up on my Society6 page. I'm obviously nowhere near as good as some of these other artists, but I've been selling a fair amount each week so it seems people are at least liking some stuff I do.

1350464_1698913_lz.jpg

Wow, really enjoy your Lupin + Kids on Slope prints. I also enjoy the Evangelion and Iron Man prints but not a big fan of the show/movie itself. Have you ever considered a Cowboy Bebop print? I have yet to find a good one. Also PMed.

10/2/2012:

The Batcave Artist Proof Edition by JC Richard ( http://microcosmicmedia.blogspot.com/ )

the_batcave_20120828_1110896496.jpg

20"x29" screen print. Hand-numbered/signed artist proof edition.

How to buy online: http://microcosmicmedia.blogspot.com/ @ a random time.

Fortress of Solitude Sideshow Exclusive Variant Artist Proof Edition by JC Richard ( http://microcosmicmedia.blogspot.com/ )

9016671_press01-001.jpg

28"x14" screen print. Hand-numbered/signed artist proof edition.

How to buy online: http://microcosmicmedia.blogspot.com/ @ a random time.

omgkitty

If I had to guess, I'd say that first one is Jay Shaw. I wonder if we will get prints of any of these?

Edit: All of them are indeed by Jay.

Roody

Neo Member
Amazing work I really like your Kids on the Slope print.

Thanks! :D

Wow, I *love* your Castle of Cagliostoro design! That'd make for a great iPhone case.

It seems to be a popular one. Thanks! I'll try to add other sales options to it soon, so you could get it on a iPhone case or shirt.

Wow, really enjoy your Lupin + Kids on Slope prints. I also enjoy the Evangelion and Iron Man prints but not a big fan of the show/movie itself. Have you ever considered a Cowboy Bebop print? I have yet to find a good one. Also PMed.

Thanks! I actually have only ever seen one good Bebop print, and it was all typography. I love Bebop so I certainly would love to try tackling it. Maybe I'll try to rustle up some ideas for that.

Roody

Neo Member
Would it happen to be this one?

pic[img][/QUOTE]

That one is pretty nice, but not the one I was thinking of. I found it, though:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/oo4Zi.jpg

But yeah, both of them are typography, and I love type, but I think there's plenty else to do with Bebop.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

1350464_1698913_lz.jpg

I have no problem with it as long as you're clear about it (IE you don't pretend it's not your work and viral market it) and you're not spamming by bumping or creating extra threads about it or otherwise being a jerk. If you think the community can benefit from you sharing your work, and judging from the quality of the one you just linked I'd say it could (great job, honestly, I've never seen Evangelion, but that looks great), you're good to go.

Roody

Neo Member
I have no problem with it as long as you're clear about it (IE you don't pretend it's not your work and viral market it) and you're not spamming by bumping or creating extra threads about it or otherwise being a jerk. If you think the community can benefit from you sharing your work, and judging from the quality of the one you just linked I'd say it could (great job, honestly, I've never seen Evangelion, but that looks great), you're good to go.

Thanks! I'll keep it classy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom