• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B33

Banned
Log in. Camp the store/poster page. Use a credit card (gift certs. always seem to screw people over). Have all your info in some sort of auto fill program.
Fair enough. Do you know of any auto-fill plug-ins you'd personally recommend using?

also in related news, the first artist doing the first Ratchet & Clank screenprint is working on it, heard the idea today. should be pretty sweet.
Are you allowed to discuss the finer details of the run yet? Number of prints? Where it's being dropped?

Don't rely on Twitter notifications, camp on the store page.
Noted. Thank you.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Are you allowed to discuss the finer details of the run yet? Number of prints? Where it's being dropped?

Not yet. Details still coming with the first print. I'd tease more, but I'd narrow it down too much if I do anything remotely identifiable, so that's where we will stay for now.

Pretty stoked about the artists currently signed up though.

Right now, I believe everything will be dropped at via iam8bit, exact location and such TBD.

Messi

I would love to own this poster, its cheap $19.99 and it is for my fave tv show ever. But when I go to ship it to ireland the shipping is $40.00 ontop of the poster price. I am gutted :( . If anyone knows a way around this id love the help

Firefly_Sky-1.jpg

Firefly_Sky-2.jpg

https://store.qmxonline.com/Firefly-10th-Anniversary-Celebration-Art-Print_p_184.html

rikichi

Okay. I want to get DREDD print AND looper print.

Anyone got any helpful tip on to make the transaction quicker? Cuz everytime I get screwed getting a print in the cart just for payment screen to load and crash. Should I pay with PayPal, card??

Any tips would be appreciated.

Anyone got any helpful tip on to make the transaction quicker? Cuz everytime I get screwed getting a print in the cart just for payment screen to load and crash. Should I pay with PayPal, card??

Don't tell anyone else, but you should use your middle mouse button (scroll wheel click) on each poster you want. This should open the link in a new tab. Go to tab 1, click add to cart, go to tab 2, click add to cart. Your cart in tab 2 should have both prints. :)

And honestly you may want to try for the Gold Looper, as it seems like fewer people really want it.

As far as card or PayPal, I've lost a few by trying PayPal, so I switched to CC. I have my CC # copied to my clipboard, and just paste it in, quick change the exp date and enter my MCC code. Haven't lost any since I started doing that...

B33

Banned
Not yet. Details still coming with the first print. I'd tease more, but I'd narrow it down too much if I do anything remotely identifiable, so that's where we will stay for now.

Pretty stoked about the artists currently signed up though.

Right now, I believe everything will be dropped at via iam8bit, exact location and such TBD.
That sounds exciting.

Do keep us informed, as I'm genuinely interested in seeing how this run fares.

Chrome has that function built into it, I think. I use Roboform in Firefox.
Indeed it does.

I've made the appropriate adjustments. Thank you kindly for your assistance.

Following instructions handed to me by a fellow member, don't rely on Twitter or Facebook for the announcement of the drop. Camp on the shop page and continue to refresh until you see the prints are available.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
That sounds exciting.

Do keep us informed, as I'm genuinely interested in seeing how this run fares.

of course. I have a lot of faith in the artists we have, the printer, and iam8bit on it. These are things I want to frame and have in my house. I think that's always the bar

rikichi

Don't tell anyone else, but you should use your middle mouse button (scroll wheel click) on each poster you want. This should open the link in a new tab. Go to tab 1, click add to cart, go to tab 2, click add to cart. Your cart in tab 2 should have both prints. :)

And honestly you may want to try for the Gold Looper, as it seems like fewer people really want it.

As far as card or PayPal, I've lost a few by trying PayPal, so I switched to CC. I have my CC # copied to my clipboard, and just paste it in, quick change the exp date and enter my MCC code. Haven't lost any since I started doing that...

thanks for this. i appreciate it.

will use CC and go that route.

9/27/2012:

Jurassic Park by Kevin Tong

8028066905_5bcbdeb424_o.jpg

Six color screen print on 24 x 36 inch 100 lb White Cover Paper. The posters are signed and numbered in an edition of 275. They cost $70 each ($7 US shipping, $12 Intl shipping). Limit two per household.

Note: These are the artist's copies being sold. Some may be aps though it appears some are part of the regular run as well.

How to buy online: http://tragicsunshine.com/art_prints/jurassic-park @ a random time.

lupinko

This thread moves so fast, but the Dredd print is available again? Where can I buy one? >_>

Dredd was so awesome, thinking about watching it for a third time too.

kaskade

Dudes, I'm nervous over here. I'm at work so there's a chance I might miss it if I have to help someone. They can wait though. Think I'm going to go for Dredd and Looper.

Meier

I'm going to need it, so I just have the site up and just keep hitting f5 I guess? lol

You can get an extension for Chrome called Page Monitor (and undoubtedly Firefox as well) that will automatically check the site every 5 seconds (more or less, your choice) for you and if it's updated, ping you. That is probably the best option. Mondo will tweet about it when it goes up as well but it's usually at least 15-30 seconds behind the ping and that can make a huge difference.

lupinko

Actually, does anyone know if Mondo will ship internationally to Canada? Because if they don't, it puts a kibosh on my plans. =/

omgkitty

Actually, does anyone know if Mondo will ship internationally to Canada? Because if they don't, it puts a kibosh on my plans. =/

I'm pretty sure they will. Also, if you haven't created an account on their site, I'd do it now. Creating a login when it drops will guarantee you don't get it.

Sigma722

Drop days are so much fun. I already had a looper from FF, so I wasn't worried, but I still like to get all the way to final checkout just to keep my skillz up.

omgkitty

I'm so glad I already have a Looper because I would have failed haha. I tried checking out to see if I'd get it, and it sold out right as I got to the final page. I also got checked for shipping prices twice.
fuck that shit
I guess I'll have to switch to credit card instead of Paypal on higher profile releases.

I'm so glad I already have a Looper because I would have failed haha. I tried checking out to see if I'd get it, and it sold out right as I got to the final page. I also got checked for shipping prices twice.
fuck that shit
I guess I'll have to switch to credit card instead of Paypal on higher profile releases.

I didn't have a ph number entered first time round and thought for sure I would miss it.

Though after having another look, I should have gone for silver, oh well.

Room 237 was alot slower to sell out, by slower I mean a few extra minutes haha.

B33

Banned
fuck that shit

I'd recommend having your credit card information ready to be entered by an auto-fill plug-in. The extra step required with Paypal is too extraneous for a poster that will sell out in less than 30 seconds.

kaskade

Well I got an email confirmation so I'm assuming that means I got it. When the site was doing the calculating shipping thing I was so damn nervous. I was refreshing the page so much I saw them update each poster individually.

Risible

fuck that shit

Always use your CC, Paypal is often the kiss of death on a popular release.

Having done this a bunch now, I can say that unless you can spend the day just sitting at your computer F5ing there's no way you will get a popular print.

You have to cart the item and start the process within the first 5-10 seconds it goes up or you can forget about getting it. You have to use a CC or GC. You have to have an account and already be logged in. Failure on any of these steps will screw you. Sucks, but there's no way around it. Sure, some people get lucky and get a drop using Twitter, but that's what it is - luck.

Meier

FUCK ! I missed dredd. =(

Doh! That lasted a relatively "long time," thought you would have managed to get it. I have a feeling there will be relatively cheap prints available on eBay.. but I have no clue really. I know it isn't doing gangbusters at the box office but it seems like the people who are seeing it really love it.

omgkitty

I'd recommend having your credit card information ready to be entered by an auto-fill plug-in. The extra step required with Paypal is too extraneous for a poster that will sell out in less than 30 seconds.

No offense, but weren't you just asking how to do a Mondo drop yesterday? I've never had an issue with Paypal before today which is why I was saying I might switch.

IronRinn

Do mondo ever over sell?

I don't know about recently but they have. One of my earliest memories of trying to score a Mondo drop was being refunded on the Tyler Stout Star Wars set the day after. This was after the bitter disappointment of losing the Moss Star Wars set during payment authorization.

Now I'm sad.

I don't know about recently but they have. One of my earliest memories of trying to score a Mondo drop was being refunded on the Tyler Stout Star Wars set the day after. This was after the bitter disappointment of losing the Moss Star Wars set during payment authorization.

Now I'm sad.

Sorry to bring up bad memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom