• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptwo

Shipping calculation led me to a blank page and it was too late. Totally shut out this time, which is kind of painful. Next time!

9/27/2012:

Looper (Silver and Gold Colorways) by Martin ansin

e1348613788.jpg

e1348613818.jpg

Each Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print with metallic ink. Each are hand numbered. Each are editions of 320. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50 each.

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html @ a random time.

Dredd 3D by Jock

e1348613747.jpg

Poster by Jock. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Room 237 by aled Lewis

e1348613858.jpg

Poster by Aled Lewis. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

These look bloody amazing. Wish I could get them :(

B33

Banned
No offense, but weren't you just asking how to do a Mondo drop yesterday? I've never had an issue with Paypal before today which is why I was saying I might switch.

No offense taken.

I asked because I've tried to use Paypal beforehand (The Iron Giant, Trick 'r Treat, a couple others) and was burned each time. When I managed to add a print to my cart after seeing the notification on Twitter, I'd miss out.

Perhaps it was a mixture of the two (more so using Twitter as a tool), but I finally had success camping on the page and utilizing an auto-fill plugin for inputing my credit card information.

If it works for you, by all means. I was just relating my own experience with trying to snag a print.

You guys will have another chance at Looper via the AP drops in a few weeks. Don't know how much they'll be charging though...

Also, for the Looper this time around, keep in mind these were leftovers from Fantastic Fest, so there weren't as many to begin with. I heard probably 150 or less of each.

omgkitty

No offense taken.

I asked because I've tried to use Paypal beforehand (The Iron Giant, Trick 'r Treat, a couple others) and was burned each time. When I managed to add a print to my cart after seeing the notification on Twitter, I'd miss out.

Perhaps it was a mixture of the two (more so using Twitter as a tool), but I finally had success camping on the page and utilizing an auto-fill plugin for inputing my credit card information.

If it works for you, by all means. I was just relating my own experience with trying to snag a print.

I used Paypal on The Iron Giant and got it, so I've never had an issue before. I just got annoyed, so sorry about that haha. I'm not usually a dick.
Well, yeah
I'll just have to know when something like the next Ghibli or whatever drops to be prepared with card information.

omgkitty

Shipping calculation led me to a blank page and it was too late. Totally shut out this time, which is kind of painful. Next time!

Shipping calculation is the dumbest shit Mondo does. They charge a flat shipping rate in the US. Not sure why they need to calculate it every time. It wastes a good 5 to 10 seconds easily.

B33

Banned
I used Paypal on The Iron Giant and got it, so I've never had an issue before. I just got annoyed, so sorry about that haha. I'm not usually a dick.
Well, yeah
I'll just have to know when something like the next Ghibli or whatever drops to be prepared with card information.

I'm envious, as I had to go find it on eBay (I couldn't pass it up!).

It's quite all right. I understand. I've missed drops before and it's a dismal experience. I didn't mean to come across as prickly.

That seems fair.

omgkitty

I'm envious, as I had to go find it on eBay (I couldn't pass it up!).

It's quite all right. I understand. I've missed drops before and it's a dismal experience. I didn't mean to come across as prickly.

That seems fair.

It's cool. I wasn't even going to buy the Looper print. I like to just run through checkout even when I'm not buying just to see if I'd score. It's like a fun little game to make my day a little less boring! haha

IronRinn

I read in the paper that omgkitty ran a bus full of orphans off the road while attempting to score a Ghibli print using PayPal.

Truly, screenprints turn men into monsters. Gaze into the abyss people...

omgkitty

I read in the paper that omgkitty ran a bus full of orphans off the road while attempting to score a Ghibli print using PayPal.

Truly, screenprints turn men into monsters. Gaze into the abyss people...

Man we really need smiley's back on GAF. I would have a laughing smiley right now haha

Also, that was totally not one of my finer moments even though I think you have built it up in your mind a little bit.

lupinko

Doh! That lasted a relatively "long time," thought you would have managed to get it. I have a feeling there will be relatively cheap prints available on eBay.. but I have no clue really. I know it isn't doing gangbusters at the box office but it seems like the people who are seeing it really love it.

The ebay prints are all wacky auctions. sigh, Well, I'll try ebay even if I have to overpay, good thing I have a buddy in Redmond for a mailing address.

The ebay prints are all wacky auctions. sigh, Well, I'll try ebay even if I have to overpay, good thing I have a buddy in Redmond for a mailing address.

Wait. The artist (Jock) will be selling his signed artist proof copies in a few weeks. They'll be shipping from the UK though.

lupinko

Wait. The artist (Jock) will be selling his signed artist proof copies in a few weeks. They'll be shipping from the UK though.

Is it still from that same mondo site or from Jock's own or whatever?

I'm new to these Art Prints thing, so sorry for all the silly questions. ^^;

lupinko

Thanks again to the helpful people in this thread, I'll keep an eye out on Jock's site now.

The worst case scenario being eBay.

IronRinn

Thanks again to the helpful people in this thread, I'll keep an eye out on Jock's site now.

I wonder what kind of legs that print has. It strikes me as something you could probably pick up for cost in a few months but I may be underestimating the Judge Dredd aftermarket.

Also, since his store is through bigcartel I'll quote myself:

Seriously, anytime you buy from someone using bigcartel and miss out, always, always, always keep refreshing and adding to cart for at least half an hour. People can cart shit and not actually buy it, unlike Mondo, so many times people cart something and then decide whether or not to purchase. After 30 minutes the system kicks out the item automatically but, often, at least a few will free up right away. When it's actually sold out it will say so.

Actually, I suggest emailing him to be notified of the sale and also following him on twitter -- cause he'll tweet the date of the sale.

$120 plus tax. There was a double Mayline with wheels I wanted to buy, but I would have had to disassemble it to even get it through my door. It went for $180.

and omgkitty I have to create a new post on my phone, then edit it on my work computer, as I can't create new posts on here for whatever reason.

EDIT: The other one sold to this old dude who was talking about how he wanted to store his tools and spark plugs and shit in it. I wanted to say 'THEY'RE FOR ART!!!' in my most "Art-Student" voice, but decided not to.

omgkitty

$120 plus tax. There was a double Mayline with wheels I wanted to buy, but I would have had to disassemble it to even get it through my door. It went for $180.

and omgkitty I have to create a new post on my phone, then edit it on my work computer, as I can't create new posts on here for whatever reason.

Ok cool! I thought you just hated me now and I needed to know if I had to go cry or not. It's cool.

DemiMatt

Thank you! Bought!

The color of this piece is superb. It will totally fit in with my retro style living room. Cannot wait to get it framed.

Just a reminder to L.A. Gaffers. Tomorrow is the Tom Whalen and Dave Perillo two-man show. There will be 21 new screen prints for sale. Hope to see some of you there!

G1988PcardFront.jpg

AROUND THE WORLD IN AN 80's DAZE
Two-man show by Dave Perillo and Tom Whalen of all new screenprint editions
Opening September 28th, 7pm - 10pm. Show runs til Oct. 20th, 2012
Gallery 1988: Venice
214 Pier Ave
Santa Monica, CA 90405
http://nineteeneightyeight.com/

EDIT: The other one sold to this old dude who was talking about how he wanted to store his tools and spark plugs and shit in it. I wanted to say 'THEY'RE FOR ART!!!' in my most "Art-Student" voice, but decided not to.

Great price. Got totally ripped off this weekend on two five drawer flat files for 700. Effin NY

lupinko

I'll try my chances at this ebay auction, it's fairly decent price for the Jock Dredd poster. Can't really wait right now, I know it's silly but w/e. lol

edit: Got Dredd, had to pay slightly double Mondo's price but w/e, still good enough.

Now the waiting game for it to ship! :D

I'll try my chances at this ebay auction, it's fairly decent price for the Jock Dredd poster. Can't really wait right now, I know it's silly but w/e. lol

edit: Got Dredd, had to pay slightly double Mondo's price but w/e, still good enough.

Now the waiting game for it to ship! :D

Congrats that's amazing considering you got it from ebay of all places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom