• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those going to New York Comic-Con...

Acid Free Gallery Press Release said:
New York Comic Con is right around the corner and we will be launching our new series of screen-printed posters at the show! Together with Hasbro, we have created an officially licensed series of limited edition art prints. The series will feature images from Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE brands. We will premier the first 5 prints at NYC comic con and we are excited to finally preview the artwork!

AUTOBOTS by Tom Whalen
strongstuff.gif
– $50.00
18×24 – 7 color screen print
Paper: Antique Gray – 100lb
Run Size: 375
Markings: Numbered
Trading Card Certificate of Authenticity – Numbered
Printed by D&L Screenprinting – Seattle WA
Produced by Acidfree Gallery
Officially Licensed by Hasbro, Inc.

whalen_transformers_autodecep.jpg

DECEPTICONS by Tom Whalen
strongstuff.gif
– $50.00
18×24 – 6 color screen print

whalen_transformers_decep.jpg

Whalen
strongstuff.gif
Transformers Variant TBA at a later date…

G.I. JOE by Dave Perillo
montygog.jpg
– $45.00
18×24 – 5 color screen
Paper: 100lb Cougar Natural
Run Size: 200

Joes.jpg

COBRA by Dave Perillo
montygog.jpg
– $45.00
18×24 – 5 color screen

Cobra.jpg

All prints in the series will come with a trading card certificate of authenticity. They will be hand numbered to match each hand numbered print. The variant prints in the series will come with numbered card, signed by the artist!

TF_cards.jpg

Look for us at NYC Comic Con, booth 1681! This will be your first chance to get your hands on these limited edition prints. We will also sell a very limited quantity on our website after the show. This is just the beginning of a very exciting series of screenprints planned for release over the next several months! Follow us on facebook and twitter for up-to-date news and details about the series.
Twitter and facebook followers will have a chance to win a free copy of these new prints. Simply follow us on twitter or like us on facebook and you will have a chance to win!
Twitter!
Facebook!
We look forward to seeing you at NYC Comic Con!
All images related to TRANSFORMERS and GIJOE © 2012, Hasbro, Inc.

HTuran

Whalen is absolutely murdering it. So, so good!

Just a shame that his work is either not something I'm super interested in (Looney Tunes, Transformers, Charlie Brown) or sold through G1988 (Around the World).

IronRinn

Man, those Transformers pieces are rad as hell, but they would probably never see my walls. Whalen really has been killing it.

Whalen is absolutely murdering it. So, so good!

Just a shame that his work is either not something I'm super interested in (Looney Tunes, Transformers, Charlie Brown) or sold through G1988 (Around the World).

I love G1988, because I almost always get any print I want when they get posted to their site, unlike Mondo's shit site and massive following base.

HTuran

I love G1988, because I almost always get any print I want when they get posted to their site, unlike Mondo's shit site and massive following base.

Yeah, the main reason I dislike G1988 is their international shipping rates. So many times I've carted prints I really want (Mitchell's 'Just Like Us' or Whalen's 'Around the World') only to find that shipping doubles the cost.

I mean, the postcard set from Around the World cost $40 to ship to the UK.

Messi

Yeah, the main reason I dislike G1988 is their international shipping rates. So many times I've carted prints I really want (Mitchell's 'Just Like Us' or Whalen's 'Around the World') only to find that shipping doubles the cost.

I mean, the postcard set from Around the World cost $40 to ship to the UK.

Yep, this stopped me so many times.

Yea I'm probably gonna end up spending a small fortune for a set of those transformers/gi joe posters from flippers :(

Well If anyone is going and can pick me up a set of all 4 I'll toss in a nice tip.

10/5/2012:

Sparky's Return

WDFKWE01SS.jpg

Retail price $50.00
250 piece silk screen limited edition
18″ x 24″
printed by Grow Your Own Media
expected ship date is the week of Oct 22nd.

Frankenweenie canvas editions will also be available on Acme Direct beginning October 5th.

How to buy online: http://darkinkart.com/frankenweenie-sparkys-return/ @ a random time

10/4/2012:

Jodorowsky's Dune by Killian Eng

e1349301601.jpg

Poster by Kilian Eng. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 290. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Beyond the Black Rainbow by Jay Shaw (ironjaiden)

e1349301630.jpg

Poster by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 135. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Wrong by Jay Shaw (ironjaiden)

e1349301656.jpg

Poster by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 190. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

kaskade

Damn, I have no idea what I want to do with framing my dredd and mondo. I'm not really sure if I want to mat them or not. Ugh. Getting the prints are only half the battle.

omgkitty

Damn. All the Looper posters are going for like $200 on Ebay. I don't suppose anyone here got an extra I could buy? :p

You could probably get one for around $150 on EB. If I were you though, I would wait. The movie just came out and so did the print. I figure it'll probably drop to around $100 like most of Ansin's other prints this year.

You could probably get one for around $150 on EB. If I were you though, I would wait. The movie just came out and so did the print. I figure it'll probably drop to around $100 like most of Ansin's other prints this year.

Yeah, I'd definitely second waiting. Especially if you're not looking for a specific color (like me) you can rest assured they'll drop in a few months. Especially with 640 of them out there...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Yeah, but that $50 original price makes me not want to spend $150 on any poster. :p

omgkitty

Yeah, but that $50 original price makes me not want to spend $150 on any poster. :p

Well if you wait, you may decide you don't need it. I've done that with lots of prints, especially with ones that were originally super expensive after dropping. Only issue is the ones I waited on and still want are usually the same ones everyone else wants that cost boat loads of money now :(

kaskade

For my dredd print I'm thinking about doing a double mat. I figure it might look cool with a black matt with a red underneath since most of the poster is black, white, and red.

I want to use american frame or frame destination but I don't know the actual mat colors based of the preview images. I doubt I'll find anything to completely match but I want it to be close.

10/15/2012:

Please note there will be a small quantity allocated for online sales. The rest will be for sale at New York Comic-Con 2012 starting 10/11/2012 with only a pre-determined amount available for sale each day.

Transformers: Autobots and Decepticons by Tom Whalen

Acid-Free-Hasbo-Tom-Whalen-Variant.jpg

36×24 – 8 color screen print (4 of them being metallic inks).
Run Size: 150
Trading Card Certificate of Authenticity – Signed + Numbered

How to buy online: http://www.acidfreegallery.com/ @ a random or TBD time.

Autobots by Tom Whalen

whalen_transformers_autodecep.jpg

Decepticons by Tom Whalen

whalen_transformers_decep.jpg

G.I. Joe by Dave Perillo

Joes.jpg

18×24 – 5 color screen

Cobra by Dave Perillo

Cobra.jpg

18×24 – 5 color screen

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Damn man, I'm not even a fan of either property (despite being an 80s child) and I want all four of those prints. They're gorgeous.

IronRinn, you can expect a PM from me about that Daniel Danger print in the next 24 hours.

Pre-order Olly Moss' a signed copy of his first book Silhoettes from Popular Culture here: http://forbiddenplanet.com/events/2012/11/08/silhouettes-and-showdowns-olly-moss-and-scott-c/

Silhouettes.jpg.size-230.jpg

Plus, if you're in the UK, go to the signing and meet Moss in-person!

Forbidden Planet said:
Thursday 08 November 2012 18:00 - 19:00
London Megastore, 179 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8JR

Forbidden Planet are delighted to bring you a fantastic double signing! Olly Moss and Scott C will be at the London Megastore, 179 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8JR, on Thursday 8th November from 6 – 7pm!

Olly Moss has quickly become “one of the most in demand and influential pop culture artists in the world today” (Slashfilm). Silhouettes from Popular Culture is his eagerly-awaited first book, collecting the striking and playful work of the influential British artist.

Depicting popular cult characters from films, television, comics and video games in beautifully crafted Victorian-style silhouette portraits, Silhouettes from Popular Culture collects the sought-after ‘Paper Cuts’ series exhibited at the sold-out solo show at LA’s famous pop-culture Gallery 1988. The book has a Foreword written by Duncan Jones (director of Source Code and Moon) and is published in a gorgeous hardback gift volume, luxuriously bound in gilt-stamped full cloth.

Scott C’s The Great Showdowns collect the most memorable moments of melee, interpreted by Scott in his inimitable style, including Han vs Greedo, Chief Brody vs Jaws, Die Hard’s John McClane vs broken glass, Ripley vs the Alien Queen and even Spinal Tap vs an undersized model of Stonehenge. The Great Showdowns showcases the series first exhibited at LA’s famous pop-culture Gallery 1988 in 2011.

lupinko

Any gaffer going to NYCC? Turns out my buddy isn't going, I'd like that Cobra print since any mondotees sale is almost impossible for me to get. >_>

Allforce

Nice framing Dreweyes, I always like to see how others add their own personal style to a print once they get it home. And in a stunning coincidence I just framed MY Moss TDKR today too! Here's some pics:

photobucket-46573-1349403386976.jpg

photobucket-40189-1349403417794.jpg

photobucket-25674-1349403442349.jpg

Also did my Englert Walking Dead print today, came out nice I think with the rustic frame

photobucket-40192-1349382867754.jpg

And some older shit I had done, this Robocop one was 55 bucks with frame, matte, and acid-free backing at Hobby Lobby, couldn't beat that! Highly recommended if anyone has them nearby.

photobucket-15507-1340039673311.jpg

And these could probably stand to be framed better but they look fine for what they are, I didn't want the framing to take away from the style at all on this. Just cheap Michaels 18x24's in a champagne color.

photobucket-4568-1333678148274.jpg

Sorry if the pics are huge, I tried to put them behind spoiler tags but that's not possible I don't think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom