• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Invisible Man by Francesco Francavilla:

invisible_man_francavilla_final_low-640x960.jpg

omgkitty

I am really starting to get the feeling that this UM show is going to destroy the market for flippers. I seriously feel there is going to be an absolute bloat of these prints on the market after the show. We are talking around 30 prints here. This isn't going to be good.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I am really starting to get the feeling that this UM show is going to destroy the market for flippers. I seriously feel there is going to be an absolute bloat of these prints on the market after the show. We are talking around 30 prints here. This isn't going to be good.

especially when they are talking runs of 400+ on these guys. It'll be interesting to see if it all sells out, or if a lot of it makes it online.

They'll certainly flip, I just wonder if it'll be 200+ a print or more like 100-125 a print.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I was close :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mondo-G1988-Olly-Moss-Super-Mario-Variant-Zelda-Dark-Knight-Studio-Ghibli-/261107766502?pt=Art_Prints&hash=item3ccb3c54e6

This is the lowest i've seen one sell for, I could only go up to £100 the first time he listed it though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261110667128

But yeah, Totoro tends to go for crazy amounts. £300 seems low for that one... mental.

Well, the Mario variant (and Zelda variant) are different stories.

I'm sure if you put an ISO 200 dollar cash offer on EB, one would turn up. Especially with all the shit Mondo dropped last week and will drop on Friday

omgkitty

Well, the Mario variant (and Zelda variant) are different stories.

I'm sure if you put an ISO 200 dollar cash offer on EB, one would turn up. Especially with all the shit Mondo dropped last week and will drop on Friday

Yeah if you're not interested in the Universal Monsters series, this week and next would be a good time to start making some ISO threads. People will need cash for this show, and seeing as how a lot of people are into it, there's going to be a lot of money needed and not a lot of people to buy. Not that I condone lowball offers, but this might be a good time for them haha

IronRinn

especially when they are talking runs of 400+ on these guys. It'll be interesting to see if it all sells out, or if a lot of it makes it online.

They'll certainly flip, I just wonder if it'll be 200+ a print or more like 100-125 a print.

Wow, has Mondo said 400+ runs on these? Was expecting ~200. As far as flipping goes: I think the story remains the same as always. First week of ebay auctions will be people making bank and then prices will drop considerably on most of them.

Up now:

First Blood by Anthony Petrie

first_blood_full.jpg

24" x 36" Officially Licensed
Limited Edition 4-Color Screen Print
Printed by Martin Hammond

$35 + Shipping

Along with your purchase of the First Blood print, you will also receive a free secondary print, only available here:

"THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD"

fb.jpg

9" x 12" one-color screen print
on Pop-Tone Red Hot French Paper
Signed, stamped and numbered
Limited edition of 30 prints
Printed by me at Ghost Town Studios

How to buy online: http://anthonypetrie.bigcartel.com/product/first-blood

Bit the bullet and bought a Transformers space bridge variant a couple of days ago off ebay, but I really liked the regulars and was able to get both when they popped up on the site.
Not sure which I want to keep now; the two regulars or one variant. The variant saves me framing money, but...

No, this is the artist's allocation. That place you bought it from was 3barrels and they were terrible at packing. Mine had all these smears in the black ink area.

Ah thought it was same site. Yea mine from three barrels has a big dent in the corner from someone bending it while rolling it in the kraft paper

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Wow, has Mondo said 400+ runs on these? Was expecting ~200. As far as flipping goes: I think the story remains the same as always. First week of ebay auctions will be people making bank and then prices will drop considerably on most of them.

Badassdigest said the Ken Taylor is a edt of 430, $50

acidfree saying they oversold the variants, so some folks might luck out. Don't think this applies to the other reg prints which were available for a good while.

IronRinn

Charlie Brown Thanksgiving has arrived! I will never understand why people insist on putting bubble wrap at either end of the tube, especially if you're letting the print expand inside to fit the tube.

Charlie Brown Thanksgiving has arrived! I will never understand why people insist on putting bubble wrap at either end of the tube, especially if you're letting the print expand inside to fit the tube.

It's actually more necessary if it expands inside to fit the tube. It's more like to move around when shaking the tube than when rolling it smaller and taping it -- which is the ideal way.

IronRinn

It's actually more necessary if it expands inside to fit the tube. It's more like to move around when shaking the tube than when rolling it smaller and taping it -- which is the ideal way.

Weird. 90% of the time I just find it has fallen down in the middle of the tube, doing nothing.

acidfreegallery ‏@acidfreegallery
All variant oversell refunds have been sent out back to PayPal.

Only 15 variants were available for sale apparently and 170 autobots and 170 decepticons.

120 of each of the perillos were for sale. Only 50 of the GI Joe prints and 39 of the Cobra prints are left.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

got mine too, very nice.

It's funny how DHM goes to great prints in packing, but then doesn't tape the print smaller than the diameter of the tube.

I actually like doing little bubble wrap "caps" at the top and bottom to sort of suspend the print in the middle of the tube.

V_Ben

Banned
Yeah if you're not interested in the Universal Monsters series, this week and next would be a good time to start making some ISO threads. People will need cash for this show, and seeing as how a lot of people are into it, there's going to be a lot of money needed and not a lot of people to buy. Not that I condone lowball offers, but this might be a good time for them haha

I... uhh... I'm not sure what ISO threads are. (Ok I am now, disregard :p) I'm still relatively new to this whole thing. But, I'll keep looking through ebay during the universal sales, see what pops up :)

(Also I assume EB means Expresso Beans. I'm in the UK.)

Edit: Derp, I forgot about Expresso... that was a poster shaped rabbit hole I didn't want to start down. Had to tear myself away from the selling threads looking for posters I was ISO.

Kwixotik

Is there a website that sells posters with design principles similar to those seen in posters in this thread, but mass-produced and relatively cheap?

I just want some nice looking dorm posters, but a lot of what I'm finding on allposters.com is kind of shitty.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Is there a website that sells posters with design principles similar to those seen in posters in this thread, but mass-produced and relatively cheap?

I just want some nice looking dorm posters, but a lot of what I'm finding on allposters.com is kind of shitty.

Poster Cabaret. They aren't super cheap, but a lot of the stuff is available and you've got a fairly wide selection.

I suggest looking up works on society 6 possibly? http://society6.com/ Tons of artists on there. Most, if not all, of the work is unlicensed though.

Some examples:

833255_4258652_b.jpg
747952_5961814_b.jpg
643173_10777598_b.jpg
346167_5951293_b.jpg
401882_6300193_b.jpg
833228_10070486_b.jpg

Meier

I bought an iPhone case off Society6 as well for my fiancee and it's fantastic. A little pricey but recommended if you come across a design you like and they have it available as a case.

Allforce

Got my Kill Bill print from Alexander Iaccarino last Friday, framed it this weekend and now it sits on my floor, awaiting a space to open up on my wall. Kind of went with a "battle-worn steel" look on the frame to go with the sword in the print. Came out nice I think.

Is it bad that of the Universal Monsters prints so far revealed, the only one I'm feeling is the Francavilla 'Invisible Man'?

On that note, if anyone is going and wants to make $50, I'll love them forever.

EDIT: Got one over on EB!

winstano

Only 15 variants were available for sale apparently and 170 autobots and 170 decepticons.

120 of each of the perillos were for sale. Only 50 of the GI Joe prints and 39 of the Cobra prints are left.

Holy crap, that explains why I missed out on the variant! Grats to everyone who got one, I'm more than happy with the reg set though (I actually prefer the coloured prints, the other half liked the grey ones more. I've now got a bit of a fight on my hands to find where to hang them, along with the Moss DKR and Adventure Time prints :-/ )

Risible

Another Universal Monsters Preview:

Creature From the Black Lagoon by Ken Taylor

creaturereg__span.jpg

http://badassdigest.com/2012/10/15/...-latest-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-print/

Oh Taylor, why are you so good. Now I'm ISO this AND Halloween.

As for the confusion regarding my ISO Taylor Halloween on the last page, OMGKITTY had it correct. The tickets for the event go for $100. I want to trade my two posters (worth in the $350 range currently) for that one poster if someone is going and doesn't care about the screen print.

Risible

Is it bad that of the Universal Monsters prints so far revealed, the only one I'm feeling is the Francavilla 'Invisible Man'?

On that note, if anyone is going and wants to make $50, I'll love them forever.

EDIT: Got one over on EB!

I'm looking for a PB for Taylor's Creature, I'd do cost of print plus $50 as well.

I can never seem to find a PB...how the heck do you do it Listerfeend?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
scaled_e1350502436.jpg

Poster by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 120. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

Variant poster by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 70. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

scaled_e1350502591.jpg

Poster by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 270. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Variant poster by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 95. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

scaled_e1350502803.jpg

Poster by Mike Mitchell. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 400. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Variant poster by Mike Mitchell. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

scaled_e1350502835.jpg

Poster by Todd Slater. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 330. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Variant poster by Todd Slater. 18"x24" screen print with metallic ink. Hand numbered. Edition of 130. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $70

e1350502863.jpg

Poster by Shan Jiang. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 360. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Melchiah

I just stumbled on to these posters this week, and I think they might be appropriate for this thread. Unfortunately I have no idea whether they can be bought somewhere or not.
EDIT: On further inspection, I think I may have misunderstood the idea of the thread, that seems to be to list posters that are available to buy. My apologies.

O2e29.jpg

MlNHu.jpg

CSjWN.jpg

ADPek.jpg

Hxvd8.jpg

thTa4.jpg

Dawn of the Dead

M3knW.jpg

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4aLI7.jpg

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

XYrwO.jpg

Polish posters:

QIeOo.jpg

cSq67.jpg

Time Machine

bBbOA.jpg

omgkitty

I just stumbled on to these posters this week, and I think they might be appropriate for this thread. Unfortunately I have no idea whether they can be bought somewhere or not.
EDIT: On further inspection, I think I may have misunderstood the idea of the thread, that seems to be to list posters that are available to buy. My apologies.

If you like the Polish / Czech movie poster vibe, check out Sam Smith. He's a huge fan of those and tends to make some prints in that style and he's one of my favorite artists.

Edit: Actually if you like Czech posters too, Jay Shaw would probably fit that vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom