• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a PB for Taylor's Creature, I'd do cost of print plus $50 as well.

I can never seem to find a PB...how the heck do you do it Listerfeend?

Well for the UM show it's probably easier than yours, as you don't need to find someone that already has a ticket. Also the one I want is a little under-the-radar when compared to the other posters, so I figured it would be easier to find someone who wasn't planning on picking it up for themselves.

And the dude who's PB'ing for me set up his PhotoStream on his iPhone so I can see it, and he's going to be taking pictures of everything at the show, mainly to make me jealous...

EDIT: I'm a moron.

If you like the Polish / Czech movie poster vibe, check out Sam Smith. He's a huge fan of those and tends to make some prints in that style and he's one of my favorite artists.

Stalker-web.jpg

wat wat WAT

Been looking far and wide for ANY Stalker or Tarkovsky posters. Wish I could find more :(

Melchiah

If you like the Polish / Czech movie poster vibe, check out Sam Smith. He's a huge fan of those and tends to make some prints in that style and he's one of my favorite artists.

Edit: Actually if you like Czech posters too, Jay Shaw would probably fit that vibe.

Wow! Is there any bigger version of Prince of Darkness?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it.

68vyn.jpg

I believe that's the original Japanese poster artwork for the film

l_76162_0f4ef884.jpg
Cheers, any idea where I could go about finding a print for that or even potentially the real deal if any are still floating about? A few google searches have haven't turned up anything useful.

Also, apparently that Nosferatu cover was originally a poster/artwork by the film's art director Albin Grau. Very cool, but I don't think there is anything resembling it available for purchase other than that dvd cover.

omgkitty

Cheers, any idea where I could go about finding a print for that or even potentially the real deal if any are still floating about? A few google searches have haven't turned up anything useful.

Also, apparently that Nosferatu cover was originally a poster/artwork by the film's art director Albin Grau. Very cool, but I don't think there is anything resembling it available for purchase other than that dvd cover.

I honestly have no idea. I can find hardly any info on it, and certainly none for sale. Even a google image search brings up hardly any info on it. I could probably ask Sam (he did the Criterion version) if he knows anything about it. He might have more information than some other people seeing as he did the print for Janus.

10/18/2012:

Paranormal Activity 4 by Jay Shaw

scaled_e1350502436.jpg

Poster by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 120. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

Variant poster by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 70. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Foghorn Leghorn by Tom Whalen

scaled_e1350502591.jpg

Poster by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 270. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Variant poster by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 95. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Iron Giant by Mike Mitchell

scaled_e1350502803.jpg

Poster by Mike Mitchell. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 400. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Variant poster by Mike Mitchell. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

Safe if Where I'll Keep You by Todd Slater

scaled_e1350502835.jpg

Poster by Todd Slater. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 330. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Variant poster by Todd Slater. 18"x24" screen print with metallic ink. Hand numbered. Edition of 130. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $70

The Eye of Sauron by Shan Jiang ( http://www.everynicething.com/ )

e1350502863.jpg

Poster by Shan Jiang. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 360. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

omgkitty

Thanks, I would really appreciate it if you could. No rush though, of course.

I have answers!
The info doesn't really help though :(

@SamsMyth: I'm pretty sure that's a book cover or VHS cover from Japan from the 80's. Not a poster. Either way, probably hard to find! Possibly the manga cover, to be specific.

By the way, don't google "house manga" if you are at work. Not only does it not show you it to you, but it's also NSFW haha

V_Ben

Banned
Holy shit, I actually got 2 mondo posters. Got the Jiang LOTR and the Mitchell Giant! Never managed to complete an order before :O

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Also, I'd totally buy a Whalen R&C print.

me too. Though he likes what he's seen he hasn't had much time to play any games.

One of the requirements really was to find folks who loved Ratchet and really wanted to create something cool. That's true of all the artists lined up.

Melchiah

You could always just display the vinyl. Plus, record players are cheap.

Well, that's true, but I don't really want to start collecting them again, as I've sold most of my old collection away, excluding some albums that have sentimental value for me.

Updated the OP. Fixed some broken links and removed some sold out posters that I had no idea sold out.

Out of curiosity, does anyone here actually look at the OP to see what's available and what's on the horizon for releases?

10/19/2012:

The Satanic Rites of Count Dragula by Jay Shaw

drugulaprintprievew2.jpg

18"x24" screenprints. hand-numbered edition of 66.

How to buy online: http://www.20eyesco.com/store @ a random time.

Kerrinck

Updated the OP. Fixed some broken links and removed some sold out posters that I had no idea sold out.

Out of curiosity, does anyone here actually look at the OP to see what's available and what's on the horizon for releases?

Yeah, I am mostly a lurker but the OP has been pretty useful for me since I usually miss out on some of these releases and the thread itself is huge to see what has and will come out all the time. Thanks for keeping it updated.

Risible

Yeah, I am mostly a lurker but the OP has been pretty useful for me since I usually miss out on some of these releases and the thread itself is huge to see what has and will come out all the time. Thanks for keeping it updated.

I agree. Thanks Mockingbird and OMGKITTY and all the others who take the time to post here. It's better than Ebeans in some ways because thanks to EBeans being an unregulated wild west kind of forum a lot of the signal gets drowned out in noise over there.

matowest

Neo Member

I usually follow the thread as it progresses. I enjoy reading the conversation and people's reaction to prints/drops/etc, if that helps. Thanks for all you do, Mockingbird!

omgkitty

I agree. Thanks Mockingbird and OMGKITTY and all the others who take the time to post here. It's better than Ebeans in some ways because thanks to EBeans being an unregulated wild west kind of forum a lot of the signal gets drowned out in noise over there.

Thanks for the mention. Glad I can be useful sometimes! Also, this is the truest thing I've read all day haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom