• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

They're so getting sued over Limelight
1x

Hazmat

Is that real?

I'd give the same reaction.

I think that was a kid excited on the first day of school and the reporter asked him if he was going to miss his mom which made him realize that he would so he started crying. That's up there with "There is no Santa" and "Donald Trump might run the country" on the list of things you don't say to a kindergartner on his first day.

daveo42

Banned
No. Stop. That's well beyond your range. Rush is well beyond the range of your entire cover band. Just stop. Please.

JeTmAn81

It is him. He needs the money:
I have an 11-year-old daughter and she’s going to be going to school for a long time. And it’s expensive, so I have to work. Last year I did the Republican National Convention. When they first asked me to do it, I turned it down. And they offered another really good offer, which I turned it down. They came back with one more and I said no. It wasn’t so much political but rather that I had just been away for two years and I wanted to go home. I’d just made a bunch of money so I didn’t feel the pressure. And then they came back with an insane final offer. And I thought, Well not only will this pay for several years of Josie’s school but I can hire six or seven of my friends, and give them a really good pay day too. So we went and played the Republican convention. We may not be Republicans, obviously, but it was really interesting. I got heavy flack from some people for doing it. If you remember, at that time, last August, a year ago, it wasn’t so sure. It was kinda looking like Romney was making a good run for it. So I got some heavy flack for it. But I’m a professional musician and this is what I’ve always done. I’ve been a professional musician since I was 11 years old. It’s what I do: work.

geomon

Haley Barbour is going to be speaking? That pig from Mississippi who was too busy kissing Bush's ass to bother with cleaning up his state after Katrina.

It would be funny but I don't see it. They had viable failures to get the support they needed, even when there was a chance of other options. those options are gone and they just happen to have enough support? no way.

There was only ever a chance of this when Trumpf didn't have all the numbers, and now he does.

Of course, these fools even trying to challenge would make this watchable.

It's fun to talk shit but I can't do that for a few days straight. I hope something really interesting and stupid happens....MORE so than usual.

BS, governors (and state governments in general) are usually far more corrupt and untransparent than their federal counterparts.

EDIT: Having Rick Snyder talking about saving money is so tone deaf it's actually unfunny and extremely awful and offensive.

Dazzler

Unbelievable line from the guy currently on stage:

"Americans deserve to see greatness again, because we live in the greatest country on earth"

geomon

Is this motherfucker for real? Republicans went to work in congress? When?! You guys shut the fucking government down. You refuse to acknowledge the minority party at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom