• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
On another note, has anyone ever even heard a cover of Station to Station before? Such a strange one to cover, if you're trying to pretend that you're sane.

Oh lord, thank god I'm at work and can't listen to what I assume is an unholy butchering of the song.

hawk2025

...Wait, were they playing Station to Station?

Really?

It's not the side-effects of the cocaine
I'm thinking that it must be love
It's too late to be grateful

It's too late to be late again
It's too late to be hateful
The European cannon is here

I must be only one in a million
I won't let the day pass without her
It's too late to be grateful

geomon

At the time (when there was only 9 states signed on) they said it would probably fail, but it would at least "gain attention" about the movement.

Now... Get your popcorn, the next 4 days are going to be an adventure.

Apart of me wonders if the DNC next week is going to be boring compared to this.

It will definitely be boring compared to this. DNC will practically be drama free with no lunatics on stage.

hawk2025

Within the context of the RNC, holy shit at using Station to Station.

"The return of the thin white duke"

(The song itself is brilliant and one of the best Bowie ever recorded)

geomon

this is brutal

S2PieRp.png

Ohwiseone

So C-SPAN is rolling tweets as this band plays, and apparently RNC people are trying to get people to not sign it.

This is glorious.

I love the CNN director. Women being interviewed says "As we watch Donald Trump's numbers rise, as we see his favorability ratings rise..."

They cut to this:

50n2Byz.png

What the hell is this band doing on here? I mean they're not awful or anything, but like, this entire event seems way more fun/chill than I anticipated.

Also the GIF material here is endless.

Jamie Dupree ‏@jamiedupree 3m3 minutes ago

GA delegates were told today that if you behave on the floor, you're fine - "you don't behave - you get taken out"

Stop Trump PAC ‏@StopTrumpPAC 4m4 minutes ago

Trump whip now to young female #NeverTrump delegate: You will pay a heavy price, don't ruin your life.

Ohwiseone

Jamie Dupree ‏@jamiedupree 3m3 minutes ago

GA delegates were told today that if you behave on the floor, you're fine - "you don't behave - you get taken out"

Stop Trump PAC ‏@StopTrumpPAC 4m4 minutes ago

Trump whip now to young female #NeverTrump delegate: You will pay a heavy price, don't ruin your life.

Is there ANYTHING republicans won't do?
Threating your Future Politicians because they disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom