• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrus

Just to be clear for the NeoGAF members who may be confused by contemporary Republicans: when you see Republicans that are genuinely upset and offended at being characterized as bigots and whatever, it is because they are/identify with people like Pence here.

But Pence is a complete Bigot too...

rjinaz

Cause family is pretty damn important to people?
Talking about it and showing pride is just nornal

lol that's not why they do it.

They want people to think of them as outside of the system and somebody they can relate to. No other reason to talk about what your grandad did for a living and his humble beginings. I don't think I ever ever told anybody in my life that.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think the only one with their political career intact in 2020 will honestly be Ted Cruz. Marco Rubio should have the stones that Cruz just displayed if he wanted another shot at it, and reforming the party in 2020.

Yep. Fellow Republicans hated Cruz before this election cycle, they hated him during, and they'll hate him after. Not much has changed. And in 2020 he can say "Well, I didn't endorse Trump but [blank] did."

I'm looking for a "Conservative state" in the world economy

2006_c3.gif

Shit, none found.

To be fair, Texas isn't far behind IIRC.

EDIT: Yeah, this convention got me to member status! Can't believe I'm saying this, but thanks RNC!

BajiBoxer

Banned
Just to be clear for the NeoGAF members who may be confused by contemporary Republicans: when you see Republicans that are genuinely upset and offended at being characterized as bigots and whatever, it is because they are/identify with people like Pence here.
But Pence is a bigot. A bland bigot.

kess

Ted Cruz is the only Republican with a backbone, lmao.

He's a calculating asshole. I wanted to post today specifically that Ted Cruz should undermine Trump to position himself for 2020 cuz he'll be able to see "See, I told you so" come November.

He's slimy as fuck but you can't argue it's without real purpose.

Like bringing up Orlando, it's impossible to tell what is genuine and what is cynically self serving. His legislative history is not encouraging.

Kid Heart

I seriously hope the media goes to town on these guys, because considering how much they've been thrown under the bus I don't see why they should hesitate to do so any longer.

BokehKing

Banned
lol that's not why they do it.

They want people to think of them as outside of the system and somebody they can relate to. No other reason to talk about what you grandad did for a living. I don't think I ever ever told anybody in my life that.
My grandfather fought in WW2 and I'm damn proud of that, I'm sure your grandfather did some good shit too.

Brannon

Ah, so they'll always stand with cops that shoot people who have their hands up and laying on the ground completely docile?

Good to know.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Are we sure this dude isn't a lost member of the Brolin family?

Crosseyes

Banned
Yeah you sure will stand on that blue line Pence. You and all those standing proud who will get what's coming to em if you get your way and put that authoritarian power in the hands of the racist institution.

Keep telling us a vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote for a third Obama term. Many of us wouldn't mind that one bit.

This.

I'm in my mid 40s. I will make more this year than I ever have, gas prices two weeks ago were lower than I'd seen in years, my 12 year old daughter is a very good student/soccer player, my 22 year old son went to Marine boot camp this weekend...

...and BOTH MY KIDS ARE GEEKS.

My President has done me well the past 8 years and I'm ok with 4 more.

joe2187

Banned
We stand with the Police! Even when they're murdering unarmed black folk!

There is no such thing as systemic racism, there is no proof of such types of racism in the history of this great united states. All men are created equal, and have been ever since the founding of this great state of this world god bless america, holla at ya girl, dolla dolla bill. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom