• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say....reading GAF during the RNC has been interesting. I know most people here in the Off-Topic page lean left but holy crap! Is there any conservatives out there? So many of you have been trashing everything (with good reason of course) the past few days, what's going to happen next week? Is everything said going to be all sunshine and rainbows? When Demi Lovato and Eva Longoria speak, will they receive an ounce of vitriol that the RNC speakers are receiving? Is everyone here cool with Hillary, or just so opposed to Trump? Curious.

Oh don't worry the DNC will give us some facepalm worthy moments. I'll never ever forget the Israel vote at the last convention, which clearly failed, but they still passed the motion.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cn25gYsWYAAyniG.jpg:medium

Hiltz

I just got home from work and missed out on watching the Day 3 convention. Could anyone kindly provide me with the a quick summary of the highs and lows of tonight's event ?

I gotta say....reading GAF during the RNC has been interesting. I know most people here in the Off-Topic page lean left but holy crap! Is there any conservatives out there? So many of you have been trashing everything (with good reason of course) the past few days, what's going to happen next week? Is everything said going to be all sunshine and rainbows? When Demi Lovato and Eva Longoria speak, will they receive an ounce of vitriol that the RNC speakers are receiving? Is everyone here cool with Hillary, or just so opposed to Trump? Curious.

It is a 100% guarantee that the DNC will be run better, more efficiently, and more consistently on message than the RNC.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The "unelected judges" line is consistently confusing to me. Are Republicans arguing that judges SHOULD be elected?

edit: and Trump showed up today too? This guy..

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
With each passing day, I'm more convinced that Donald Trump is an existential threat.

Hillary will eat his lunch during a debate. They could coach him everyday for hours a day from now until the debate and she'd still wipe the floor with him on policy going in cold.

But man, it worries me sometimes. It isn't just like a ideologically concern. He just doesn't seem to understand how American foreign policy functions.

The enemy of my enemy...

Hillary is getting my vote. Nope, I don't trust her. Nope...she's not my first, second or third choice....

but...Trump wouldn't be in my top 10.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Well, I didn't think tonight would end with me gaining an iota of respect for Ted Cruz, but there it is. Total RNC MVP LOL

Sianos

And thus, day 3 of the convention hosted to promote unity in the Party Of Trump by uncoordinatedly and in an internally inconsistent manner rallying around Melania's plagiarism was railroaded by a Cruz Missile.

To be Continued...

rjinaz

I just got home from work and missed out on watching the Day 3 convention. Could anyone kindly provide me with the a quick summary of the highs and lows of tonight's event ?

There was a Nazi salute and Cruz has a conscience. Those were probably the two biggest things.

Hillary will eat his lunch during a debate. They could coach him everyday for hours a day from now until the debate and she'd still wipe the floor with him on policy going in cold.

But man, it worries me sometimes. It isn't just like a ideologically concern. He just doesn't seem to understand how American foreign policy functions.

I mean.... does she have to? Trump supporters will never shift, and he's just gonna lie with every single word he says anyway. You can't lose a debate if you aren't based in reality.

Twitch topped off tonight at a bit over 11k, compared to 20k yesterday and 21k Monday. That's sorta sad. Apparently a lot of people just wanted to watch for potential fuckery? And to think they missed it today when the drama actually happened. Suckers! Like all things enjoyable in politics, they need to understand that 99% of it is suffering.

Rather like wrasslin'. 99% of it is so unimaginably awful, but that 1% is the best entertainment on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom