• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
[

u8KohxQ.png

Saw this shit on a friend's twitter.

What the fuck.

teiresias

Holy shit.

pmB2IWs.jpg

Hahahahahahaha. Oh man, the range of expressions from left to right. Sensational.

Was that during Cruz's speech? If so, they knew what he was going to say, can't look freaking butt-hurt when you let him on stage to say exactly what he told you he was going to say.

Knoxcore

This entire thing has been one big cluster fuck. I'm so happy right now. If Trump gets a bounce from this Americans are just stupid and I give up.

Holy shit.

pmB2IWs.jpg

Hahahahahahaha. Oh man, the range of expressions from left to right. Sensational.

They look for all the world like a B-Movie hit squad waiting for the boss to flick his wrist or something.

...in fact I'm pretty sure that's the exact gender/approximate age makeup of the Deadly Viper Squad when they attacked the Bride

diaspora

Pence was a 6-7/10. It was a standard republican speech, that went too long but didn't embarrass anyone.

Tonight was a 3-4/10. It was going ok, then Cruz gave a speech that was waaay too long, and refused to endorse Trump to the boos of the audience. His words were "vote your conscience", lol. Then the screens went out and stayed out for the following two speeches. It was a mess.

Image summary of tonight.
pmB2IWs.jpg

E5aPcaq.jpg

Think he's involved with Trump campaign. Loved how he just went to the axe train story to deflect calling Trump out about the tweets. Just perfect.

Trump company general counsel. He is not affiliated with the campaign. But yeah hilarious he's so pissed.

Edit: But I love Cruz sacrificed himself and made him the headline rather than the VP lololol. Cruz is still a inhuman fuck, though.

Darkgran

What an absolute cluster. If after watching this nonsense for the last 3 days and you are still thinking about voting for Trump.

PLEASE SEEK HELP NOW.

This entire thing has been one big cluster fuck. I'm so happy right now. If Trump gets a bounce from this Americans are just stupid and I give up.
No lies detected.
What an absolute cluster. If after watching this nonsense for the last 3 days and you are still thinking about voting for Trump.

PLEASE SEEK HELP NOW.
He could personally abort a child and eat it on stage live and still get 40% of the vote. That's how stupid we are.

Wait.

So potentially the whole CRUZ event was set up to garner sympathy for Trump?

I mean, I didn't know everybody knew the dude wasn't going to endorse Trump beforehand. I was trying to figure out why people started booing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before the dude was near the end of his speech.

Sneaky RNC. Very sneaky (if true). Get the conservatives to view Cruz as a traitor to conservatives. A vote for Trump is a vote against Hillary AND Cruz.

EBreda

Trump is gonna bounce from sympathy alone.. What Cruz did was make the public see Trump as a poor victim of the deeds of a traitor.

It was fun, though.

Iolo

Wait.

I mean, I didn't know everybody knew the dude wasn't going to endorse Trump beforehand. I was trying to figure out why people started booing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before the dude was near the end of his speech.

Sneaky RNC. Very sneaky (if true).

They started booing when he said to vote your conscience and got steadily louder. Some things are just shitshows and not a mastermind at work.

GutsOfThor

Trump is gonna bounce from sympathy alone.. What Cruz did was make the public see Trump as a poor victim of the deeds of a traitor.

It was fun, though.

Doubtful. If anything, I could picture a drop in the polls for him as this shows how shitty a negotiator he is as well him being very gullible. Clinton can use this in many ways.

I hope she does.

pigeon

Banned
Wait.

Sneaky RNC. Very sneaky (if true). Get the conservatives to view Cruz as a traitor to conservatives. A vote for Trump is a vote against Hillary AND Cruz.

This is the counternarrative that Trump's camp is now pushing.

It is pretty dumb though.

Based on past evidence it's much more likely that Trump's campaign is just totally incompetent.

It was fun, though.

No. This is a huge, huge issue for Trump. Ted Cruz just went on national television on prime time at the Republican National Convention and told every Republican who was doubting whether it was a good idea to vote for Donald Trump that they shouldn't do it.

This is literally the worst case scenario for Trump's convention that doesn't involve a giant meteor.

I don't think Cruz was in on a conspiracy to make Trump seem sympathetic. There are reports that he will challenge Trump if he is the sitting president in 2020. But there were reports that he wasn't going to endorse this morning. Surely Trump knew what he was going to say, and planned accordingly. If he didn't see a potential benefit he wouldn't have allowed that to happen.

Based on past evidence it's much more likely that Trump's campaign is just totally incompetent.

No. This is a huge, huge issue for Trump. Ted Cruz just went on national television on prime time at the national convention and told every Republican who was doubting whether it was a good idea to vote for Donald Trump that they shouldn't do it.

This is literally the worst case scenario for Trump's convention that doesn't involve a giant meteor.

Yeah given it's coming out they knew what was in the speech, you really can't claim sympathy from that.

TyrantII

Wait.

It Trump crashes and burns in Nov, Cruz just positioned as the party leader and soul. Ditto if he royally fucks up in office.

It's really that simple. He made his statement that he is no Vichy Republican.

Wait.

Newt's remarks had a line talking about a Cruz endorsement, this was a swerve.

Just got home, saw some of it out at a bar.

I hate Ted Cruz but I he earned a bit of respect.

Even if it's self serving and he's playing for 2020, he;s the only one with even enough balls to do that. Lots of people have had a chance to stay away for this garbage barge and look better when it sinks, but they didn't

If he bowed and kissed the ring of a shitsuit who insulted him and his whole family I think that would be worse. When Trump fucks it all up, Cruz can actually say he follow that stupid mess and I think in the long run it will help him.

The man took that hate like Roman Reigns

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They thought Cruz would endorse, which was proven by Newt's teleprompter.

They expected him to speak for 10 mins, as his submitted speech was that long: he spoke for 23 mins.

And that NASA woman was also supposed to endorse Trump and didn't, also proved by the teleprompter.

Ha.

pigeon

Banned
I don't think Cruz was in on a conspiracy to make Trump seem sympathetic. There are reports that he will challenge Trump if he is the sitting president in 2020. But there were reports that he wasn't going to endorse this morning. Surely Trump knew what he was going to say, and planned accordingly. If he didn't see a potential benefit he wouldn't have allowed that to happen.

Why would you assume that Trump is competent enough to make such a rational decision?

Yup.

They knew exactly what was going to happen. They even have Gingrich's comments ("Let me paraphrase Ted Cruz...") up on the teleprompter, so they even planned out a response. A response to something they never should have allowed. Idiots.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm watching the MSNBC coverage and this Chris Matthews interview with the SNL guys is lit. He keeps saying weird shit.

If someone were to ask me off-handedly about the convention thusfar I'd tell them "My Little Pony and Ted Cruz has testicles." I was about to say it wasn't a combination of words you'd ever put together, except that Cruz endorsed the slavery allegory of MLP characters during the primaries.

Similar to the rules at ThinkProgress, the strangest possible answer to every question turns up being the thing that ends up true this election cycle.

itschris

New York Magazine: Republicans in Chaos Must Decide Whether to Elect a Madman

When he took the stage in Cleveland, Ted Cruz had no way of knowing that Donald Trump had given a New York Times interview repudiating America’s right even to disapprove of authoritarianism and backing away from its commitment to defend NATO allies against a Russian invasion. (“I don’t think we have a right to lecture,” Trump said of the crackdown in Turkey. “Look at what is happening in our country,” he said. “How are we going to lecture when people are shooting policemen in cold blood?”) It is not even certain that Cruz was thinking in moral terms at all. But the interview retroactively justified Cruz’s extraordinary decision to take the stage in prime time and decline to endorse his party’s nominee, even as boos rained down.

Trump’s foreign policy comments symbolize the reason a significant number of Republican intellectuals have refused to endorse him. He is ignorant and has dangerous views completely outside the normal range. He does not merely repeat bizarre conspiracy theories that some Republicans believe (Barack Obama may have faked his birth certificate) or that most Republicans believe (scientists are faking global warming). He has own own set of strange beliefs. He admires dictators and may well be heavily influenced by one. Trump’s web of ties to Putin, who has a record of attempting to manipulate foreign elections, looks even more dangerous considering his green light to Russia to annex the Baltic NATO states.

In light of the risks presented by Trump, who might break the rule of law and the democratic form of government, his party has offered a strange message. Rather than tamp down the fears of what he would do, they have inflamed them. This message came through in the warmup speakers. Former Trump business associate Phil Ruffin declared, “a tsunami is coming and his name is Donald Trump.” Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi warned, “November 8th is going to be a day of reckoning.” Mike Pence’s speech accepting the vice-presidential nomination promised, “when Donald Trump is president, the change will be huge.” He sneered at Hillary Clinton as “the secretary of the status quo.”

The status quo does not sound so bad as an alternative to the election of a madman.

EDIT: Didn't see there was a thread just for this NATO issue, I posted the quote there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom