• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfinke

Cn2oCBcXEAABNhV.jpg

Holy shit.

pmB2IWs.jpg

Hahahahahahaha. Oh man, the range of expressions from left to right. Sensational.

Xe4

Banned
Man, tonight was going ok, and then suddenly it turned into a huuuge train wreck. I can't believe I'm going to say it, but night two was the best thus far, and that had an avocado farmer as the keynote speaker, and damn near empty stands. Still, tonight had the Cruz fiasco, and then on top of that, the screen outage for a half hour.

This whole thing is a train wreck, and it'll be interesting to see the bump it provides with all of the shenanigans. I am curious what Trump's speech is going to be like. The impromptu ones that he gives that is authentic but awful, or the teleprompter speech which is inauthentic and awful. It'll be an interesting watch. So far I'd give the convention a 4/10. 2/10 the first night, 6/10 yesterday, and 4/10 today. We'll see what tomorrow does, but it's not looking good.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I mean.... does she have to? Trump supporters will never shift, and he's just gonna lie with every single word he says anyway. You can't lose a debate if you aren't based in reality.

She has to publicly embarrass him. He isn't made for a one on one debate. The moderators will hold him down on things and he won't be able to stay silent when policy questions come up.

They won't shift, but moderate Republicans will just stay home. That's Game Over.

ezrarh

Man, tonight was going ok, and then suddenly it turned into a huuuge train wreck. I can't believe I'm going to say it, but night two was the best thus far, and that had an avocado farmer as the keynote speaker, and damn near empty stands. Still, tonight had the Cruz fiasco, and then on top of that, the screen outage for a half hour.

This whole thing is a train wreck, and it'll be interesting to see the bump it provides with all of the shenanigans. I am curious what Trump's speech is going to be like. The impromptu ones that he gives that is authentic but awful, or the teleprompter speech which is inauthentic and awful. It'll be an interesting watch. So far I'd give the convention a 4/10. 2/10 the first night, 6/10 yesterday, and 4/10 today. We'll see what tomorrow does, but it's not looking good.

I haven't watched a lot of Republican conventions but this seems at least an 8/10 on the trainwreck scale.

mo60

Today was a 3.0-3.5/10, Monday and tuesday were a 2.5/10 in my opinion. This convention won't provide much of a bump for trump at this point.

Oh, they're finishing closer to on time tonight? Thank god, I can stop drinking.
They won't shift, but moderate Republicans will just stay home. That's Game Over.
This is the biggest thing the convention has had to do to try to prove their GE chances, and it's entirely failed. A generally decent boilerplate VP speech ain't covering up 3 nights of otherwise miserable negativity.

Carm

Gonna be real disappointed tomorrow if none of the big newspapers doesn't have as the front page tag line a variation of:

"Trump campaign hit by Cruz missle"

Xe4

Banned
I haven't watched a lot of Republican conventions but this seems at least an 8/10 on the trainwreck scale.

I wanted to watch, but I got busy.

On a scale of 1-10, how shit was Pence's speech and the day as a whole?

Pence was a 6-7/10. It was a standard republican speech, that went too long but didn't embarrass anyone.

Tonight was a 3-4/10. It was going ok, then Cruz gave a speech that was waaay too long, and refused to endorse Trump to the boos of the audience. His words were "vote your conscience", lol. Then the screens went out and stayed out for the following two speeches. It was a mess.

Image summary of tonight.
pmB2IWs.jpg

Preibus is legit an alcoholic, he is always smashed.
This chairman dude sounds shitfaced.
Hey, I'd drink in his position. He's probably still furious that no one would take his job after humiliating defeat 2012 and completely ignoring the "GOP postmortem." Also, he's from Wisconsin, so there's an automatic 90% chance he is. Even the people who don't drink here are all alcoholics. They've just wisely controlled themselves.

I thought Pence at least carried himself like a normal politician.

A huge disconnect between Pence describing Trump and the reality of his character though. Utah conservative Talk Radio noted that.

I thought Pence at least carried himself like a normal politician.

A huge disconnect between Pence describing Trump and the reality of his character though. Utah conservative Talk Radio noted that.

It's what he needed to do though. Right now trump is trying to sell himself to establishment and I just don't see this playing out well. Now a VP doing the selling, you have a far better sale going on.

Kid Heart

Today's proceedings where honestly just more of just the same fear/hate mongering we've seen over the last couple of days, sprinkled with lies aplenty. Oddly enough, however, the starting speeches seemed more job focused then the entirety of yesterday, despite that not being tonight's theme.

While I would like to give a special shout out to Rubio for not even showing up to give his speech, that Cruz betrayal stole the show and made the whole thing worth it!

Only one more day to go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom