• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigress

I'm not sure how your bothered by that when people are talking about Cruz in 2020.

I mean for starters, he was beaten with ease and didn't even make it to a contested convention as initially expected. Virtually nobody likes this guy except his family...Boehner said it best after all.

Moreover, Cruz has terrible ideas particularly for women and Muslims so not sure why liberals and the lamestream media are peddling a narrative that he deserves respect. He's a total chump that's delusional if he thinks other people won't be running in 2020 to try and take the presidency away from Hillary or Trump. Cruz is disgusting and I hope he's finished in politics.

Agreed. It's pretty sad when trump was the better option.

But I gotta admit it was amusing to hear he refused to endorse trump. Though I really doubt it's cause the reasons I think people should reject Trump rather than reasons that are unimportant at best, reasons why I think Cruz is worse than Trump, and/or personal to Cruz reasons. And I think a lot of people are ignoring that cause it's too amusing to say that even Cruz doesn't support Trump.

jevity

Trump speech prediction :

45+ minutes of incessant teleprompter silverspoonfeeding the hiveminded hyena hordes with even unhealthier doses of re-re-re-regurgitated spiteful spiritual spam...and not much of anything else.

Apart from this, I predict he will struggle visibly on a fundamental rhetorical level.

He will mispronounce words. His rhythm will be off. He will fail to convincingly connect with the material in a way that resonates with the listeners.

His delivery ( and by extension, the speech itself) will be viewed objectively as the least confident and personal of all the Trump family speeches.

Or he goes off prompter and off script, and then nobody knows...

jmood88

It has been really irritating to see all these Trump surrogates go on tv and say some form of, "Ted lied when he took the pledge and didn't endorse Donald, and you can't lie in politics" with absolutely no pushback from the reporter they're talking to. i understand that the surrogate is going to be as disingenuous as they can but it is frustrating to see the press allow them to get away with it.

Xe4

Banned
Trump speech prediction :

45+ minutes of incessant teleprompter silverspoonfeeding the hiveminded hyena hordes with even unhealthier doses of re-re-re-regurgitated spiteful spiritual spam...and not much of anything else.

Apart from this, I predict he will struggle visibly on a fundamental rhetorical level.

He will mispronounce words. His rhythm will be off. He will fail to convincingly connect with the material in a way that resonates with the listeners.

His delivery ( and by extension, the speech itself) will be viewed objectively as the least confident and personal of all the Trump family speeches.

Or he goes off prompter and off script, and then nobody knows...
Yeah, my prediction as well. I have very little confidence Trump will do well. I want him to fuck up in some sort of monumental way, considering this is the first time much of America, myself included, will tune into a whole Trump speech.

Sorry I was talking about Trump's speech. There were a few tweets from insiders that you can find in the last few PoliGAF thread. I'm on mobile so I don't want to link.

Me too : ) Thanks for guiding me in the correct direction. Off to PoliGAF!

Edit: going through the last 3 pages, I can't find anything. I'll take your word for it though.

Oh I thought you were talking about Drumpf's speech.

Thiel is apparently going to make an appeal as a gay man for support for homosexuality within the Republican Party.

Are they going to try and prep the audience.

I mean, we are all expecting him to get boo'd as soon as he mentions it, making the whole convention and party look horrible.

I don't believe they want that to happen, so there must be an angle to this.

BFIB

A bad speech here is not going to cost him any voters. Sad to say, but if the last 3 days haven't opened eyes, nothing will.

A bad speech here is not going to cost him any voters. Sad to say, but if the last 3 days haven't opened eyes, nothing will.

Well, we don't really know how much of an impact the past 3 days have had in the polls yet, do we? I doubt there has been much polling during the convention and I wouldn't really rely on it until they wrap up anyway. I'm sure there are undecideds who only care to see Trump speak.

Supast4r

hE6ODMt.png

I'm obliterated

Pastry

Banned

We're not going to get useful post-convention polling for at least another two weeks. Gotta wait for DNC to end.

jevity

Yeah, my prediction as well. I have very little confidence Trump will do well. I want him to fuck up in some sort of monumental way, considering this is the first time much of America, myself included, will tune into a whole Trump speech.

Yeah, and 45 minutes of controlled rehearsed hate is HARD to pull off, in a consistent engaging way. I feel that in this game where optics sadly have become almost everything,
he will not only need to leave the room with more energy, than when he entered it. He will need to gradually build the energy in the room, consistently without any noticable fluctuations, so that when he has said his last word, the crowd will be in a state of encore-craving euphoria.

And he is not that caliber of orator.

Far far from it.

Clydefrog

Trump hasn't shown the capacity to do anything more than his usual stump speech. It will most likely be him reading from the teleprompter with little bits of Trump ad-libs sprinkled throughout.

Believe me
and this is really important
Trust me
It'll be great
So, so great
Isn't this amazing?
We're going to win bigly
Let me tell you
I'll do great

Trump hasn't shown the capacity to do anything more than his usual stump speech. It will most likely be him reading from the teleprompter with little bits of Trump ad-libs sprinkled throughout.

Believe me
and this is really important
Trust me
It'll be great
So, so great
Isn't this amazing?
We're going to win bigly
Let me tell you
I'll do great

Like I heard a comedian say, he talks like a candidate for an Elementary School's mock election.

commedieu

Banned
Trumps speech is going to be amazing. Because the people could listen to him reading the phone book and they'd cheer. He represents their chance to make America white again. Nothing of substance is needed. He just has to hit the normal stuff. And open ended fear mongering with impossible promises.

It's going to be weird to see what he says and how it will always be met with cheering, no matter what it is.

Get'sMad

didn't drink at all the past 3 nights of this shitshow but I bought a bottle of Bulleit rye to accompany tonight's grand finale.

Trump going off script into a Lyin' Ted riff during his speech would just be the cherry on top of this entire awful week.

Sianos

And remember, this is a Trump who has been through one trainwreck of a convention, wherein all media attention has been directed towards his wife plagiarizing a speech from his sworn enemy's wife and Lyin' Ted performing the most predictable betrayal of all time.

Prepare yourself.
kunk-rum.gif

And remember, this is a Trump who has been through one trainwreck of a convention, wherein all media attention has been directed towards his wife plagiarizing a speech from his sworn enemy's wife and Lyin' Ted performing the most predictable betrayal of all time.

Prepare yourself.
kunk-rum.gif

I got my bottle of rum and I'm ready to rock

Let's do this already

She's VERY pretty, but can you imagine having to deal with her dad? Oof.

You mean compete with her dad for her affections, right?

Always tagging along on dates and trying to convince her that you treat her like shit and if HE had a girl like her, he'd shower her with praise and gifts and treat her right.

Xe4

Banned
I'm not sure I can take any pleasure in watching hate speech.

The only pleasure is from watching a trainwreck take place over four days.

It's gonna be golden, go down in the history books.

Fingers crossed they boo Thiel, so the whole world knows what bigots they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom